PDA

View Full Version : Joe Scarborough Allies Himself with Ron Paul in Statement

Epic
01-18-2010, 02:17 PM
I became a Republican because I believe in less government, tax cuts, balanced budgets and a rejection of Wilsonian foreign policy.

For the past five years, the GOP in Washington has increased deficits, doubled the national debt, championed a $7 trillion explosion in entitlement programs, and promoted a foreign policy that would make Woodrow Wilson blush.

The Republican Party in Washington needs to reform itself or die. I admire people like Paul Ryan, Ron Paul and John Shadegg but I am waiting to see if the Republican leaders in DC will follow their approach to championing less government and mean it.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2010/01/18/scarborough-seriously-not-sure-hes-still-republican#ixzz0czsLLbGW

I always thought of Joe Scar as a big-government type guy. But maybe not.

RM918
01-18-2010, 02:24 PM
The comments in there are sad, though. Is this what's going to happen? People have fooled themselves into believing in 'tea party' Republicans that will simply repeat the 'AMERICA ROCKS!' neocon chestbeating that went on in 2000? Might as well set the clock back ten years.

Agorism
01-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Paul Ryan was a TARPer.

Also he never worked in the private sector. He's a professional politician.

TotalLiberty
01-18-2010, 02:48 PM
Isn't Scarborough a big war cheerleader?

Cowlesy
01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
No one has been a bigger champion in Washington DC than Ron Paul and he has the voting record to show it.

Epic
01-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Isn't Scarborough a big war cheerleader?

He goes back and forth...

The Deacon
01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Paul Ryan was a TARPer.

How bad is John Shadegg?

lester1/2jr
01-18-2010, 04:54 PM
I don't see any real change in the GOP. they still kind of vaguely hint at tax cuts and "being strong" and so forth. none of them are coming out and saying lets take a trillion dollars out of the budget.

thus, none of them are really as interesting to me as ron paul!

ctiger2
01-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe Joe wants back in. He'll say what it takes regardless.

sofia
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Paul Ryan was a TARPer.

Ryan is also an Aspen graduate (like Rubio, Steele, and Grayson)

paulitics
01-18-2010, 05:19 PM
Some of these people are actors or liars, esp if they have inconsistant views, change their views, belong to groups that are opposed to their proclaimed views, etc.

If they aren't trojan horses, then they may just be political opportunists without a strong foundation, or core belief system.

Paul Ryan reminds me of a young Newt Gingrich where all the media buzz is just hype. In actuality he is just a slimy politician who doesn't believe in small government. You can never trust those guys who's record doesn't match their rhetoric.

As far as Scarborough, there are some issues where he is worlds apart from us, and others where I have no idea where he stands because he changes his rhetoric so much.

fj45lvr
01-19-2010, 12:42 AM
during the primaries Joe stated that Paul was a "real conservative" so he isn't ignorant about the facts.