PDA

View Full Version : The "Ron Paul R(evol)ution" Thing

Dave
06-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Confession time.

I just don't get the Ron Paul R(evol)ution thing. I'm a huge supporter of Dr. Paul but I cringe every time I see this. I don't think I mind the word revolution at all - it's the backwards 'love' thingy.

What the heck is this supposed to suggest to people??

Love is the foundation of our revolution?
I 'heart' Ron Paul? Like I 'heart' NY?
We want a revolution but we love you?
Give peace a chance?
Kum-buy-yah?
Love is the answer?When I see this I think about hippies and VW buses and peace symbols and so forth. Did someone see that love, spelled backward, is in the word revolution and then latch on to that for some reason? Why?? Who invented this?

I can't figure this out, much less explain it to someone else. If your message is lost on people who support Dr. Paul then what effect can it possibly have on people who are unfamiliar with him?

I 'love' all the positive energy from people who display this - I just don't get the message and I can't imagine that others do. Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I missing something? I either need some people to get me on board or confirm my confusion about this graphic.

Bradley in DC
06-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Love is the heart of our revolution, is my take.

Personally, I love it--I have that bumper sticker on this laptop as I type this! I have shown the logo to some other (non-Ron Paul) friends who all took notice and thought it was cool even they generally don't like political sloganering.

beermotor
06-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Love is Christ's message, ya know. Cringe all you want...

AgentSmith
06-06-2007, 08:11 AM
wow! what a post! Love is bad mmmkay!

lucky
06-06-2007, 08:11 AM
I always wondered myself but it works and I am never one to argue with success.

specsaregood
06-06-2007, 08:14 AM
//

beermotor
06-06-2007, 08:15 AM
I've heard some other arguments from people saying it looks "unprofessional" etc ... that's the whole point. The more DIY we are, the less likely people are to dismiss you when you're talking to them. Spread the word. This IS a MORAL issue.

joeu
06-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I like 'Hope for America' . It is positive...
I do not like 'Revolution' because it conjures up the idea of bloodshed .......

KingTheoden
06-06-2007, 08:30 AM
I think one can interpret the sign as a clever work of graphic art; that is basically how I have viewed it. 'Revolution' does have the word 'love' spelled out inside of it. By accenting it not only does the graphic look rather snappy, but it neutralizes any perceived 'anger' attached to the word revolution.

For me, I prefer a more traditional sign slogan outside, but this one is excellent in its own right particularly in high-traffic public places.

orenbus
06-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Love is the center of our revolution. Love for liberty, love for the consitution, love for fellow citizens, love for the republic, love for the world.

disciple
06-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Love is the center of our revolution. Love for liberty, love for the consitution, love for fellow citizens, love for the republic, love for the world.

That summs it.

Therion
06-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Personally "love" is better than "revolution".

disciple
06-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Love is revolutionnary.

Thor
06-06-2007, 09:01 AM
We need the "Love is all you Need" Beetles song to go along with it....

I actually think it is pretty good. A Revolution is indicative of anti-establishment trouble makers. A Revolt. (Hey, look... R(evol)t ... ) But a r(evol)ution shows more of needing a peaceful solution to a revolution. The last major revolution in America was the American Revolution. And look what came out of it. But it was a bit more messy. The New American R(evol)ution is here, and Ron Paul is leading it!

A lot of supporters here know we are getting to a do or die state with where our government is going. More invasion of privacy, more monitoring, more aggression toward others, more spending, more nanny state, etc.

This is one of the last chances to change before we are too far gone. If we get a Clinton or Ghouliani as President, we are in for Amerika and the USSA (which we are well on our way to becoming).

It IS a Revolution, pure and simple, but with a softer side. Because we love what America was founded on. We love the Constitution. We love "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness". We love FREEDOM! And we want it back god damn it.

When I first saw it, I was like, that is "gay"... But it actually is quite remarkable and powerful.

ButchHowdy
06-06-2007, 09:08 AM
I love it - in fact, if anyone can steer me towards where to purchase a 2-3' wide one to put on the back of my Cherokee, it would be greatly appreciated!

yachtman@digital.net

Delivered4000
06-06-2007, 09:16 AM
I like 'Hope for America' . It is positive...
I do not like 'Revolution' because it conjures up the idea of bloodshed .......
I actually like the 'revolution', pumps me up

Swmorgan77
06-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Confession time.

I just don't get the Ron Paul R(evol)ution thing. I'm a huge supporter of Dr. Paul but I cringe every time I see this. I don't think I mind the word revolution at all - it's the backwards 'love' thingy.

What the heck is this supposed to suggest to people??

Love is the foundation of our revolution?
I 'heart' Ron Paul? Like I 'heart' NY?
We want a revolution but we love you?
Give peace a chance?
Kum-buy-yah?
Love is the answer?When I see this I think about hippies and VW buses and peace symbols and so forth. Did someone see that love, spelled backward, is in the word revolution and then latch on to that for some reason? Why?? Who invented this?

I can't figure this out, much less explain it to someone else. If your message is lost on people who support Dr. Paul then what effect can it possibly have on people who are unfamiliar with him?

I 'love' all the positive energy from people who display this - I just don't get the message and I can't imagine that others do. Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I missing something? I either need some people to get me on board or confirm my confusion about this graphic.

Crossover votes from Democrats/Hippies = a good thing. It worked for Reagan!

I think it's just good marketing really, it's good at targeting young people who want to be involved in something "revolutionary". It's sad that a message that is so in line with the foundations of our Republic is now considered "revolutionary" but that's how it is so I guess we might as well embrace it and get as much appeal out of it as we can :)

Revolution9
06-06-2007, 09:29 AM
I am a top Flash guru, have been an art and creative director for over 30 years, have worked for the biggest corporate creeps on the planet as well as top entertainers like Bowie (costume design "Glass Spiders" tour) and did a great deal of the preproduction renders and storyboards, scale miniatures of giant stage props etc. for the Zionist cancelled Michael Jackson "Ones" tour. I also hold some fame for sculpture and have had kudos sent to me from some very big name folks for my work in that area of the arts.

I said all that not to brag but to state my qualifications for commenting on the logo. The logo is awesome. The corporate creeps would drool pools pf dollar signs to have something with the same positive ambiguity represent their latest excursion into advertising a flagship product. Short and sweet and to the point while maintianing loops of thought around the simple juxtaposition. This is something that people will visualise after they saw it when it is not in their real world view anymore.

On a sociological political level it serves a few purposes to my thnking. To start with I saw a comment that was the equivalent of revolution == bloodshed. There have been many revolutions in fashion, the arts, poltical thinking. Revolution implies a lfull turning of the wheel back to its starting position. In this case the Revolution of 2008 should bring us back to the starting point of the wheel...1776. Of course the wheel has travelled forward by the distance of its circumference, but it is still the same wheel. The nature of this wheel, that remains the same (though the tread may wear and need replacing to achieve the original diameter and travel worthiness) and the travelling to a new position is an excellent metaphor to describe the evolvement of any set of cultural artifacts.

The second and more subliminal message at the core of the graphic says "LOVE" but really sys "EVOL". Interesting that you can place these letters in a circle and forward they read "LOVE LOVE LOVE"..etc.. and counterclockwise they read "EVOLEV OL EVOLEV OL" etc.. ~Love evolves the ol'~ to take the phonetic derived from the repitition. With the mighty voice of anger and folks talking about the ballot baox not working and it is time for the cartridge box the roll around of this graphic in their mind will make the suggestion that indeed it is time for a revolution..based on love...and though the cartridge box stays readied in the background perhaps the ballot box may work this time around.

This is not kum-buy-yah. BTW..what was wrong with hippies using low gas mileage, dependable transportation and easy to mechanically fix to travel freely about America, many fleeing the draft? Being "on the lam" as it were they had a hard time getting establishment work as they would get arrested for draft dodging.. hence..the shower, clean clothes and shampooed and styled hair was not a mere trot down the hallway. Being Canadian I see these folks as the revolutionaries of their time. A bunch of young, long haired musicians and artists led the vanguard against the military industrial complex, won the hearts and minds of a good majority of humane Americans and stopped them almost dead in their tracks.

Viva La Revolution!
randy

ronpaulitician
06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
I like the logo.

This (http://www.flickr.com/photos/8189858@N06/show/) is what I plan to do to my car.

And we might as well use what we were given at birth to promote Dr. Paul:

http://lifeprint.com/asl101/fingerspelling/oldletters/l.jpg

Thor
06-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Hey randy, Good post. If your a top flash guru, why not put together an internet campaign ad in flash that shows the R(evol)ution message so all get it...

:)

joenaab
06-06-2007, 09:44 AM
randy (Rev9), my first impression of you was WAY off. you rock. I love that post. you are one complex cat.

as for my two bits... I love the slogan and it's presentation. "Hope for America" is cool, but bland. We are, in fact, in the midst of a revolution, so the word is topical. The "Love" highlighted within gives balance and softens any suggestion of violence. It cries, "peaceful revolution".

It's catchy, it's clever as hell.

And, don't forget, anyone is free to come up with other ideas, graphics, slogans, etc. The more the better.

mrapathy
06-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Ron Paul and people supporting him are nothing short of a Revolution getting back to the Constitution and Declaration of Independence.

cutting down the wild beast government we have and roasting it over a open flame. get back to the concept of Freedom instead of the encroaching Orwellian Totalitarianism. Receding the Authoritarianism that has gotten out of control to the point where those in power have authority,privilege and immunity from the job they are supposed to do ie corrupt and answering the people less and governing more like Tyrants for Corporate,Banking and other special interest than elected representative official for the people.

Original_Intent
06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
I really like it it emphasizes that we are a peaceful revolution. We are taking our country back through non-violent means. I think "Hope for America" is probably better for older people, I have yet to hear anyone over 50 or so that was overly enthused with the revolution sign, but most people younger than that like it a lot and it grabs people's attention.

AgentSmith
06-06-2007, 10:36 AM
Ron Paul Revelation!

cujothekitten
06-06-2007, 10:38 AM
It's strange that in today’s climate "love" is seen as a negative thing that needs to be questioned.

No offence to the poster... it just shows how far propaganda has gone.

I've also noticed other words that have become cringe worthy... truth, peace, mainstream media, globalization, liberty and/or freedom, and constitution.

Every time I hear these words an image of a hippy, truther, or "spammer" pops into my head. Is there a way we can start to connect the word "insane" with the neo-cons in as powerful a way?

Thor
06-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Is there a way we can start to connect the word "insane" with the neo-cons in as powerful a way?

Sure, show a nuke going off, and state that is what all the NeoCons want to do to Iran pre-emptively. show clips of the debate last night when thay state that. INSANE!

But this is off topic of the r(evol)ution thing.

jimmy1954
06-06-2007, 10:52 AM
You ain’t seen nothing yet….

Wait til you see some of the street art that the youth of today will be coming out with in support of Ron Paul… It is their generational thing… They find it Cooooool…

1k9
06-06-2007, 10:58 AM
I think one can interpret the sign as a clever work of graphic art; that is basically how I have viewed it. 'Revolution' does have the word 'love' spelled out inside of it. By accenting it not only does the graphic look rather snappy, but it neutralizes any perceived 'anger' attached to the word revolution.

exactly the way I see it.

AgentSmith
06-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Sure, show a nuke going off, and state that is what all the NeoCons want to do to Iran pre-emptively. show clips of the debate last night when thay state that. INSANE!

But this is off topic of the r(evol)ution thing.

That might just get them more support from the republican base. :D

Thor
06-06-2007, 11:12 AM
That might just get them more support from the republican base. :D

OK, so then continue the above clip with a definition of blowback and ask how many Iranians are in the US.

Revolution9
06-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Hey randy, Good post. If your a top flash guru, why not put together an internet campaign ad in flash that shows the R(evol)ution message so all get it...

:)

I have a 3D model of a freight train that I am going to map this onto and have it steaming muscularly, rising up off the tracks, ala cartoon squash and stretch, with a few carloads saying "Liberty", "Freedom" etc.. "Ron Paul 2008 The Freight Train Is Coming!" But I am so frigging busy with other things right now I have little time left to accomplish this which is aout a 30 - 40 hour task. Probably in a few weeks from now.. It will be set up for animation as well. Be glad to handle a few other tasks as well when time avails itself of me..but I have three major projects on the burners currently.. I only have time to check the Ron Paul news around the net:)

Best
Randy

Thor
06-06-2007, 11:17 AM
I have a 3D model of a freight train that I am going to map this onto and have it steaming muscularly, rising up off the tracks, ala cartoon squash and stretch, with a few carloads saying "Liberty", "Freedom" etc.. "Ron Paul 2008 The Freight Train Is Coming!" But I am so frigging busy with other things right now I have little time left to accomplish this which is aout a 30 - 40 hour task. Probably in a few weeks from now.. It will be set up for animation as well. Be glad to handle a few other tasks as well when time avails itself of me..but I have three major projects on the burners currently.. I only have time to check the Ron Paul news around the net:)

Best
Randy

SWEET! look forward to it.

ChooseLiberty
06-06-2007, 11:34 AM
How about including a graphic of the constitution, liberty bell or something similar with the revolution logo - it would give people an idea of a second revolution or returning to the founding ideals etc and take away any confusing connotations.

Revolution9
06-06-2007, 11:57 AM
randy (Rev9), my first impression of you was WAY off. you rock. I love that post. you are one complex cat.

I guarantee you that 99.5% of the people I meet have the wrong first impression. I look like a metal/hard rock band frontman ( and have been) waltzing around in riding boots and a derby with hair a flowing.
http://cosmicvaudeville.ueuo.com
I am politically conservative, do not vote (refuse US citizen status..when will they make an American Citizen of The Several States status and provide passports saying such) but make sure I get as many proxy votes going by telling people what they do not hear from MSM, or even from the net. I have alot of inside knowledge and contacts due to previous positions I have held in my chequered careers.. intelligence, high finance, commodities, insiders. I have a deep streak of honor and values instilled in me by my CAF Black Watch drill sargeant father. I read many, many hours a day and little of it fiction. History and science are my faves I write actionscript code for my daily cash and play guitar with the time left over..I was dropped into the wrong century. My intellectual fathers are Newton and Da Vinci, Maxwell and Tesla. I worked in a law office doing international commodities for a while and the heads would turn when I waltzed through "wonder what he was charged with??" heh.. Small children love me while their yuppie parents cower. The little children know a real clown when they see one:) The world will not be complacent when I am around. I stir things up by nature. I was the bane of my dads existence.. He fathered an artist/musician/mad scientist instead of a controllable entity that endured perfect orderliness without a peep. I guess his first impressions were wrong too..heh

But..given a few minutes folks are generally tripped by what I know and how I impart it. Being misunderstood when not even knowing me has given me a great understanding of people. I was given the title of Destroying Angel of Lexiconography when I was a troll killer on usenet but can hangdog down and dirty insults with the best of them. I may have come off pugnacious but the bottom line is.. I will not shut up if I have something to say. I WILL defend others rights to say things in the manner they wish and knock heads with them if I do not agree. Its the American Way..heh.. One Canadian thing I still do is leave my door unlocked. It is a challenge to the Universe as proof one does not need to cower behind locked doors in fear of others of your species.

OK...autoblither off..
Looking forward to a post-post 911 environment.

Best
Randy

Bob Cochran
06-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Confession time.

You've got a problem with love, do you?:confused:

That's pretty freakin' sad.

Bob Cochran
06-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Ron Paul and people supporting him are nothing short of a Revolution getting back to the Constitution and Declaration of Independence.

And it's a REALLY big deal.

If the mainstream media and other powers that be succeed in squelching Ron Paul...then, my friends, we are on the very brink of being vulnerable to another Third Reich kind of deal.

I'm not kidding.

If we have a major economic meltdown, which is certainly possible in coming years, and Americans start looking for a "strong man" to get us feeling good about ourselves again, we might just turn to the wrong kind of guy.

Imagine a Dubya, but SMART and more EVIL.

Sobering. Or at least I hope it is to others besides just me.

USAFCapt
06-06-2007, 12:06 PM
I had a T-shirt made with that on the front left breast and the back. I love the black and red colors.

peruvianRP
06-06-2007, 12:32 PM
I think is cool. simple, dyi and very smart to include it there. this is not hippy but hip. Love is base of everything good. you love your family? is that hippy? you love your mom? is that hippy?
"a man who loves is a real man" - Cesar Zapata

Bob Cochran
06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I love America. I love the idea of defending the Constitution.

I guess I'm a hippy.

Revolution9
06-06-2007, 01:44 PM
How about including a graphic of the constitution, liberty bell or something similar with the revolution logo - it would give people an idea of a second revolution or returning to the founding ideals etc and take away any confusing connotations.

Hi.. I actually put some time in and got me an aggressive looking freight train engine circa 1890's wheelie-ing up of the tracks. (it was modelled for a client who got DUI'ed and sent away and did not pay me..now I can put it to good use..haha) I was looking for grfx in higher res than banner or web gif size but a quick search did not turn up any. I need hi res images of The Constitution, a high res image of the revolution banner, and any hi res campaign grfx for UV mapping onto the 3D model..A relief map of the USA would be cool for the terrain Crowds of folks with good focus and lighting waving Ron Paul signs can be comped into the freight cars. Be nice to have ghouliani cowering before the engine. I am going to name the engine on the front "The Champion Of The Constitution".

My email is randy_blain@yahoo.co.uk if anybody knows where to find them..

Best
Randy

sifupaul
06-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Love can be FIERCE or love can be welcoming.

If it's called for, I would bust somebody upside their head out of love!

Tim724
06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I totally agree with the original poster and have had the exact same negative thoughts about the whole r(evol)ution thing.

But, if it works, who am I to argue? The people who are behind it are obviously very motivated and that is fantastic.

I am planning on pulling a lone wolf operation this Friday night. I am going to tape up Ron Paul signs and fliers on lamp posts the night before there will be a closed-off street festival the next day.

Revolution9
06-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Love can be FIERCE or love can be welcoming.

If it's called for, I would bust somebody upside their head out of love!

hahaha! Have done it to my son.. My dad did it to me.. My son will do it to their child. Facts of the matter..somebody needs busting upside the head with a good dose of what Love is all about..and it sure ain't weapons, fiat currency and power. The essence of power is that of energy held in potential to be released with a burst as in the phonetic "P" when you sound it..a build up of pressure then sudden release of force. In this case

energy = myEnergy/tax
energy(stored) = force = fiat currency;
power = force * weapons + fiat currency

alternatively..

love = energy(transferred) - power

Since I prefer simpler code that accomplishes more and makes the User experience easy but powerful I prefer the second algoriithm as being less complex, infinitely more powerful and not prone to errors at runtime.

Best
Randy

AZ Libertarian
06-06-2007, 03:26 PM
The "Ron Paul R3VOLUTION" signs were created by the Western Libertarian Alliance in a rented midtown office in Phoenix, Arizona, by some TRUE PATRIOTS with money out of their OWN pockets in an attempt to NOT be steam-rolled by the 'business as usual' R's and D's who have run our country down a RAT-HOLE! We all know Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate capable (or even desirous) of returning this country BACK to the Constitutional Republic many of us were born in. I for one LOVE the signs - and the ominous tone we all feel and that frightens some..........
************RON PAUL R3VOLUTION************

Matt
06-06-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm pretty sure whoever came up with that logo read this book.

LOVE The Real DaVinci Code (http://web.mac.com/len15/iWeb/Home%20Site/The%20LOVE%20CODE.html)

The ebook is a free download and it's, er, an interesting read. Supposedly the backwards writing has esoteric meaning.

LibertyEagle
06-06-2007, 05:23 PM
My understanding is that the people who came up with it, were trying to think of something they could use that could be cheaply reproduced on a lot of signs. You know, with stencils. It was way back before any campaign signs were anywhere. I like "Hope for America" too and love to see it, but this effort is big enough for a bunch of different types of signs. I certainly don't want to throw a wet towel on anyone who is working so hard to get out the word about Dr. Paul.

Kuldebar
06-06-2007, 06:32 PM
The R(evol)ution banners are great and they represent the movement well. But, I'm not 100% certain they are the official campaign logo/slogan, but I just might be wrong.

It's also a very pertinent word for what we are trying to do as peaceful citizens.

Otherwise, we may reach the conclusion:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

- Claire Wolfe, 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

SeanEdwards
06-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Confession time.

I find it a little awkward also, because it does have a kind of flower child/hippie association in my mind.

However, I also see it as direct rebuke to the mainstream politics of the day which seem to emphasize hate and fear. I think there is a deep yearning in the country for a leadership that turns the country away from this obsession with conflict, and the R(evol)ution slogan is kind of an expression of that yearning.

dwdollar
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I totally agree with the original poster and have had the exact same negative thoughts about the whole r(evol)ution thing.

But, if it works, who am I to argue? The people who are behind it are obviously very motivated and that is fantastic.

I am planning on pulling a lone wolf operation this Friday night. I am going to tape up Ron Paul signs and fliers on lamp posts the night before there will be a closed-off street festival the next day.

Excellent Idea!

MsDoodahs
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Am I the only one who feels this way? Am I missing something? I either need some people to get me on board or confirm my confusion about this graphic.

Not the only one who felt that way, glad you asked about it.

I actually like that graphic alot, but only because of the revolution part. :D :o

The backwards love doesn't do a thing for me personally, but clearly it does something for others and that's what counts.

ButchHowdy
06-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi.. I actually put some time in and got me an aggressive looking freight train engine circa 1890's wheelie-ing up of the tracks. (it was modelled for a client who got DUI'ed and sent away and did not pay me..now I can put it to good use..haha) I was looking for grfx in higher res than banner or web gif size but a quick search did not turn up any. I need hi res images of The Constitution, a high res image of the revolution banner, and any hi res campaign grfx for UV mapping onto the 3D model..A relief map of the USA would be cool for the terrain Crowds of folks with good focus and lighting waving Ron Paul signs can be comped into the freight cars. Be nice to have ghouliani cowering before the engine. I am going to name the engine on the front "The Champion Of The Constitution".

Best
Randy

I say we take EVERY Gibson Les Paul and simply scratch off the 'Les'!

Michael.Hargett
06-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't make a bit of sense. When people on the street see "Ron Paul R(evol)ution" they don't think political campaign... they don't think anything. They just walk on by.

Our guys have carried three or four different signs and the "Elect Ron Paul President" signs have been the most effective.

Ron Paul R(evol)ution had little or no impact because it doesn't look like a political campaign. Most people asked if The Ron Paul R(evol)ution was a new radio talkshow.

--M

Korey Kaczynski
06-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately, it doesn't make a bit of sense. When people on the street see "Ron Paul R(evol)ution" they don't think political campaign... they don't think anything. They just walk on by.

Our guys have carried three or four different signs and the "Elect Ron Paul President" signs have been the most effective.

Ron Paul R(evol)ution had little or no impact because it doesn't look like a political campaign. Most people asked if The Ron Paul R(evol)ution was a new radio talkshow.

--M

The "Revoultion" shit comes from the leftist supporters who like his anti-war beliefs. Leftists are always the scourge and tainters of movements.

specsaregood
06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
If the "Revolution" catchphase wasn't working or "testing"as a good campaign slogan, why would Fred Thompson's people try to use it for themselves?

"If Fred wins, it won't be because of his online team. It's not about them.
It'll be because of the Revolution.
This team understands that more than any others in the field."
http://www.techpresident.com/node/388

No, I think they realize that the people ARE looking for a Revolution and that the voters like that message. We just need to make sure people associate the "Ron Paul Revolution" with the fact that he IS running for the presidency.

Quantumystic
06-13-2007, 07:13 PM

Probably need to recreate it, digitally.

I have a few skills of my own, so I'll get on that for ya.

jjschless
06-13-2007, 07:36 PM
It is more Ron Paul Truthspeak in my opinion.

To instigate the return to a constitutional government requires nothing short of a revolution.

But as the slogan states, within this revolution there will be love.

mdh
06-13-2007, 07:38 PM
I think... associating the revolution catchphrase with Dr. Paul, and with Dr. Paul as a 2008 presidential candidate is a good idea. We don't have the name recognition or the branding yet to just put out "Ron Paul Revolution", in my own opinion. Once we've built that though we can use it to great effect. One thing I'd note is to try and put our web URL's. People passing by on the street can remember them and check them out later if the banner/sign piqued their interest at all. Being unambiguous at this point in time is critical to get that interest rolling.

Lesgov
06-13-2007, 07:51 PM
I think the R(evol)ution signs are a fantastic idea. One more tool in Ron Paul's bag. It is a catchy phrase for the younger generation.
So Ron Paul can claim " Hope For The Future", Peaceful Revolution, Get Back to the Original Intent, etc.

scbissler
06-13-2007, 07:54 PM
I personally think the Revolution banner is great. I have several shirts, bumper stickers and buttons with it, and my experience has been that I get a lot more notice of it than any of my other shirts or stickers. Plus the message really hits home with me, in fact I get an extra bounce in my step when I'm wearing it.

Has anyone seen the recently released NBC/Wall St. Journal poll?? I believe it was 19% of those polled felt that the country was on the "right track" Less than 1 in 5! Does that not show a populace ready for Dr. Paul's "Revolution"?

Quantumystic
06-13-2007, 08:15 PM

Best
Randy

Ok

Done. Just figured I'd give you a "heads up" on the board before emailing you an attachment file from someone you don't know.

I recreated the original "revolution" banner. It uses "Stencilia" TTF font. I did the recreation at 1024 x 380 pixels. Font size was 159 in Flash. I broke apart the original banner, and then cut away everything except the "outline" of LOVE.

It's a 4 layer .fla file. 44.5 KB.

PM me here when you're ready to accept the email :D

If anyone else wants this Flash authoring file for a Hi-Res version of the "Revolution" banner... just PM me.

Revolution9
06-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Probably need to recreate it, digitally.

I have a few skills of my own, so I'll get on that for ya.

I got it already.. I have done about ten pieces so far.. I just put a few of them up.. I am going to do more work on the locomotive but 3D is tedious stuff that takes many hours at a stretch to get done. I like the crybaby logo alot:) Will make some flash banners and sidebar stuff soon.

http://randyblain.orgfree.com/RonPaulGRFX.html

grab what ya want..

Best
Reagrds
Randy

richgrise
08-20-2011, 12:44 AM
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another (John 13:34).

But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you (Luke 6:27-28).

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse (Romans 12:14).

We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it (1 Corinthians 4:12).

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:17-21).

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:9).

Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness. Whoever loves his brother lives in the light, and there is nothing in him to make him stumble (1 John 2:9-10).

The Free Hornet
08-20-2011, 01:47 AM
I just don't get the Ron Paul R(evol)ution thing. I'm a huge supporter of Dr. Paul but I cringe every time I see this.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but this movie clip came to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1_ZEL0ehkE

Lafayette
08-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Hows that saying go, you catch more flys with honey than cruise missiles?