PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Graham opposes the Industrial Revolution

erowe1
01-18-2010, 11:13 AM
http://divisionoflabour.com/archives/006749.php

Wow. “'All the cars and trucks and plants that have been in existence since the Industrial Revolution, spewing out carbon day-in and day-out, you’ll never convince me that’s a good thing for your children and the future of the planet,' [Graham] told a crowd in South Carolina,... ."

Graham thinks it would be a good thing if we had no cars and trucks, no electricity in amounts that could serve any purpose (and no serious means to construct hydroelectric plants in any case)? He thinks it would be better for us and our children if we lived as in 1800, when the average life expectancy was about 40 - if you survived childhood?

Wow.

cpike
01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
Sigh, just 5 more years...

Cowlesy
01-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Lindsay Graham's re-election is a testament to the failure of so many things.

jkr
01-18-2010, 12:17 PM
all we need to change is the materials , not the behavior...

YumYum
01-18-2010, 12:23 PM
I can't stand Lindsey Graham, but is there anybody on this forum that hates pollution, including carbon monoxide?

Mini-Me
01-18-2010, 12:27 PM
I can't stand Lindsey Graham, but is there anybody on this forum that hates pollution, including carbon monoxide?

Yes, I hate real pollution, including large (dangerous) quantities of carbon MONoxide. Carbon dioxide, on the other hand, is a different story. I'm much more concerned about water and soil pollution than air pollution though, in general.

In any case, I hate tyranny forcing people to live a grinding subsistence (like the Soviet Union, China under Mao, etc.) FAR more.

erowe1
01-18-2010, 12:40 PM

It's not that I like CO so much on it's own. It's just that as a biproduct of all the wonderful things we get by burning fossil fuels, the smidgen of pollution we get is a puny price to pay. Ironically, it also saved the whales.

HOLLYWOOD
01-18-2010, 12:57 PM
How unfortunate...

The 18 states allowing for US Senator's recall are as follows:

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington and Wisconsin.

Maybe South Carolina needs to change their laws