PDA

View Full Version : Martha Coakley vs Scott Brown: In Reality - Both are terrible candidates

FrankRep
01-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Joe Kennedy has no chance of winning.

We can stop fighting about this now.

rp08orbust
01-18-2010, 11:00 AM

I don't care about the MA race. I care about what the Brown nosers are doing to discredit the case for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson in 2012.

How will those who are currently advocating that we support an (R) at all costs in order to stop Obamacare make the case to their friends, families and neighbors that they vote on principle in 2012?

What if another health care nationalization is attempted in 2012--will they be advocating that we vote for Senator Brown in the Republican primary so that he can carry MA and the North East in the general election and stop Obamacare II?

The Deacon
01-18-2010, 11:02 AM
^^Both of you have said it all.

The Deacon
01-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Sticking it to Obama is appealing. To me, sticking it to the debt/tax/war/torture GOP is even more appealing. But neither of the two main candidates are going to better the country.

RM918
01-18-2010, 11:14 AM
It's a false choice. Kennedy can't win, and there's no proof Brown will actually stop the measure in its tracks. Even if he did, they'd just think up some other ridiculous caper to throw money at. It's all they do.

FrankRep
01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't care about the MA race. I care about what the Brown nosers are doing to discredit the case for Ron Paul or Gary Johnson in 2012.

This is Massachusetts, a super liberal state. Libertarian/Constitutionalists will get killed.

rp08orbust
01-18-2010, 11:18 AM
This is Massachusetts, a super liberal state. Libertarian/Constitutionalists will get killed.

My point has nothing to do with Massachusetts.

Scott Brown is being promoted all over the country. How will those same Brown supporters make a case for principle over party anywhere?

AuH20
01-18-2010, 11:18 AM

Yup. You'll be slammed with every name in the book. Racist, selfish, uncompassionate, simple-minded. We're quite familiar with the playbook.

Cowlesy
01-18-2010, 11:20 AM
They're both god-awful.

FrankRep
01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
My point has nothing to do with Massachusetts.

Scott Brown is being promoted all over the country. How will those same Brown supporters make a case for principle over party anywhere?
NO ONE here endorses Scott Brown. I doubt even SarahGop endorses him.

This is a least worse vote.

FrankRep
01-18-2010, 11:31 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Brown_%28politician%29#Political_positions

Scott Brown supported the 2006 landmark health care reform in Massachusetts, which requires all residents to purchase health insurance.

Aratus
01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
if mitt romney the mormon who despises alcoholic beverages could be
said to be like a beer he would never drink in his life, that is, if he can
be said to be like a beer on a packy shelf, he's a coors beer. like you
can almost taste the rockies if you sweat into the same. O! i indeedy reguard
ms. "upscale" coakely as being like a tuborg beer, an european import!
scott brown is TRES coors-lite in my book. i'd almost be a TRUE blue
sam adams myself but i'd hand the honor to joe kennedy(L) for i feel
he has this home brew going mass market thingie about him! i happily
shook christy mihos's hand last month and then also joe kennedy's!!
i am gettin' myself happily revved up for mihos's governor's mansion run!!!
its sorta soon in SEPTEMBER! lets look ahead to the fall, there are other races!

TortoiseDream
01-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Yup.

We should be working on our liberty candidates in 2010, 2012, and auditing the Fed.

parocks
01-18-2010, 03:01 PM
Yup.

We should be working on our liberty candidates in 2010, 2012, and auditing the Fed.

Well, the election is tomorrow (Tuesday, January 19). There will be people talking about this race today, tomorrow, and then until the race is settled.

Unlikely much after that. But we won't be talking about polls and campaigning more than 30 more hours. Tomorrow we'll be talking about what is happening on the ground, maybe exit poll results, and then the actual results. If Brown wins by enough that the Dems won't pull some stunt, we'll probably stop talking about it. If the Dems pull some stunt, we'll talk about the stunt they'll pulling.