PDA

View Full Version : Is a Tea Party party really in the works?

reardenstone
01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
I keep seeing posts on other boards that the Tea Party will run it's own candidates and that if Paul is as smart as they think he is, he would join.

Is this BS? They never provide a platform or info source but are they holding out to be clandestine or because they have no real info?

I do not like the current GOP platform. The libertarian platform doesn't work cleanly for me either since I am pro life and reluctant on Libertarian issues such as "open borders" and legalizing ALL drugs. Marijuana; fine. We can sandbox it and study the results. I agree with open borders in theory, but in practice we are a long ways off unless we also reform Mexico and get out of hot water with Islamic, drug and communist militants.

cpike
01-18-2010, 10:01 AM
It already exists in Florida.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/09/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5591897.shtml

torchbearer
01-18-2010, 10:01 AM
you should find good individuals to vote for regardless of party.
there is no "ONE" tea party and any creep willing to decieve can run as a tea party candidate.
so the best option is to look at the persons running and vote on their personal policies.

FrankRep
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Tea Party will run it's own candidates...

Eric Odom, founder of Tax Day Tea Party, said, “Tea Party Patriots is issuing this statement in order to make it clear that we are not associated with…any attempts to form a third party. Additionally, we believe that such efforts are unproductive and unwise at this time. The history of third party movements in this country is one of division and defeat. We believe that it is instead time for all Americans to rise up and demand appropriate reform within their own parties. The mechanisms exist for citizens to participate in their parties, and to drive their parties in the right direction.”

SOURCE:

Turning Republicans into Teapublicans

The New American | 18 January 2010

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/2766-turning-republicans-into-teapublicans

Flash
01-18-2010, 11:10 AM
If there was a Tea Party it would be a place dominated by Palinites. Hardly a home for Libertarians. If I had to pick-- I would rather vote for an Independent candidate above anything else. Third parties' number one goal is to get votes and expand their party, even if it means nominating people like Bob Barr.

reardenstone
01-19-2010, 03:44 PM
If there was a Tea Party it would be a place dominated by Palinites. Hardly a home for Libertarians. If I had to pick-- I would rather vote for an Independent candidate above anything else. Third parties' number one goal is to get votes and expand their party, even if it means nominating people like Bob Barr.

So would a Ron Paul independent run be a possibility? Interest here suggests that the movement has grown beyond just being about Ron Paul and about his and our shared vision. I believe the Libertarian party could grow if they reached out to more people.

Is it harder to cull the neocons or reform the Libertarian party?