PDA

View Full Version : Brown has this Canadians vote!

Petar
01-18-2010, 09:18 AM
I am seriously excited to see this miracle that seems to be unfolding in MA!

If Brown wins, then Obamacare dies!

If Coakley wins, then it's business as usual!

Why the hell do a few people here not understand what a miraculous opportunity this is?

The most belligerent of you might as well be getting paid by the special interests in support of Obamacare, because that is the only group of people that you are helping!

The only "principle" that you are espousing is a passionate love of failure!

rp08orbust
01-18-2010, 09:20 AM

Why the hell do a few people here not understand what an miraculous opportunity this is?

Yes, it boggles the mind. Those same few people did not recognize the miracle of John McCain as a chance to defeat Obamacare, either.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-18-2010, 09:21 AM

Why the hell do a few people here not understand what an miraculous opportunity this is?

The most belligerent of you might as well be getting paid by the special interests in support of Obamacare, because that is the only group of people that you are helping!

"The first maxim of a man who loves liberty, should be never to grant to rulers an atom of power that is not most clearly and indispensably necessary for the safety and well being of society."

We are calling this a revolution and we have people voting for lesser of evils...Good lord. May you read this and learn:

NO man thinks more highly than I do of the patriotism, as well as abilities, of the very worthy gentlemen who have just addressed the House. But different men often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen, if, entertaining as I do opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve. This is no time for ceremony.

The question before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfil the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason toward my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those, who, having eyes, see not, and having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past. And judging by the past, I wish to know what there has been in the conduct of the British ministry for the last ten years to justify those hopes with which gentlemen have been pleased to solace themselves and the House. Is it that insidious smile with which our petition 2 has been lately received? Trust it not, sir; it will prove a snare to your feet. Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss. Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land. Are fleets and armies necessary to a work of love and reconciliation? Have we shown ourselves so unwilling to be reconciled that force must be called in to win back our love? Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort.

I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it? Has Great Britain any enemy in this quarter of the world to call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none. They are meant for us: they can be meant for no other. They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the British ministry have been so long forging. And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain.

Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves longer. Sir, we have done everything that could be done, to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded, and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne!

In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free—if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending—if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon, until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained—we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of Hosts is all that is left us!

They tell us, sir, that we are weak—unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature has placed in our power. Three millions of people armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, air, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable—and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come!

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace—but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

This was a man, Patrick Henry at age 29 who forsaked his life for liberty. Until we are willing to do that, we will not accomplish much. Especially when there are people here who still buy into the duopoly tyranny.

Petar
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Yes, it boggles the mind. Those same few people did not recognize the miracle of John McCain as a chance to defeat Obamacare, either.

McCain would have been even worse for USA than Obama...

Brown however, will at this point in time, be MUCH better for the USA than Coakley...

What could Coakley possibly offer that will be better than what Brown can offer at this point?

NOTHING, THE COMPARISON IS IDIOTIC!

Also, "showing the neocons that we cant be taken for granted" is equally as retarded.

NEOCON LEADERSHIP WANTS COAKLEY TO WIN!

THEY ARE LED BY CLOSET MARXIST/GLOBALISTS!

"The first maxim of a man who loves liberty, should be never to grant to rulers an atom of power that is not most clearly and indispensably necessary for the safety and well being of society."

We are calling this a revolution and we have people voting for lesser of evils...Good lord. May you read this and learn:

NO man thinks more highly than I do of the patriotism, as well as abilities, of the very worthy gentlemen who have just addressed the House. But different men often see the same subject in different lights; and, therefore, I hope it will not be thought disrespectful to those gentlemen, if, entertaining as I do opinions of a character very opposite to theirs, I shall speak forth my sentiments freely and without reserve. This is no time for ceremony.

The question before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery; and in proportion to the magnitude of the subject ought to be the freedom of the debate. It is only in this way that we can hope to arrive at truth, and fulfil the great responsibility which we hold to God and our country. Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason toward my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings.

Mr. President, it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren, till she transforms us into beasts. Is this the part of wise men, engaged in a great and arduous struggle for liberty? Are we disposed to be of the number of those, who, having eyes, see not, and having ears, hear not, the things which so nearly concern their temporal salvation? For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging of the future but by the past. And judging by the past, I wish to know what there has been in the conduct of the British ministry for the last ten years to justify those hopes with which gentlemen have been pleased to solace themselves and the House. Is it that insidious smile with which our petition 2 has been lately received? Trust it not, sir; it will prove a snare to your feet. Suffer not yourselves to be betrayed with a kiss. Ask yourselves how this gracious reception of our petition comports with those warlike preparations which cover our waters and darken our land. Are fleets and armies necessary to a work of love and reconciliation? Have we shown ourselves so unwilling to be reconciled that force must be called in to win back our love? Let us not deceive ourselves, sir. These are the implements of war and subjugation; the last arguments to which kings resort.

I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it? Has Great Britain any enemy in this quarter of the world to call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none. They are meant for us: they can be meant for no other. They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the British ministry have been so long forging. And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain.

Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves longer. Sir, we have done everything that could be done, to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded, and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne!

In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free—if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending—if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon, until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained—we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of Hosts is all that is left us!

They tell us, sir, that we are weak—unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature has placed in our power. Three millions of people armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, air, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave. Besides, sir, we have no election. If we were base enough to desire it, it is now too late to retire from the contest. There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged! Their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable—and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come!

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace—but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

This was a man, Patrick Henry at age 29 who forsaked his life for liberty. Until we are willing to do that, we will not accomplish much. Especially when there are people here who still buy into the duopoly tyranny.

There is no way that I am going to read, much less respond to your entire melodramatic soliloquy.

You must have attended the same troll course as conza88.

Your tactics are completely boring.

lester1/2jr
01-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Obamacare is going to die anyway. It basically has already

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-18-2010, 09:35 AM
LE you should be ashamed of yourself. Editing out my statement, but keeping Social Engineers blatant libel of all of us who are principled. Between this and the thread with Catherine I've pretty much deduced you are COINTEL.

RM918
01-18-2010, 09:37 AM

Do you really think that's how it's going to play out? They've really dumbed down the narrative, and that's EXACTLY how they want it. Don't pay attention to anything else, I'll vote against healthcare! I pinky swear it!

Let's assume he does. Let's assume the Dems somehow don't do an end run around this, like not recognizing him until after the vote, bribing another Republican, or having the House pass it.

How long until the next ridiculous measure that he'll definitely be complicit in, or that he won't stop? A couple weeks, a month, a year? How long until it goes right back to 'business as usual' as they craft another boondoggle to waste money on?

If I was in MA, I suppose I'd vote for Kennedy. But that's all I'd do, as nothing else would matter in the circus the race has become. Anyone who thinks principles have anything to do with it anymore, on either side of the issue, are kidding themselves.

RM918
01-18-2010, 09:38 AM
LE you should be ashamed of yourself. Editing out my statement, but keeping Social Engineers blatant libel of all of us who are principled. Between this and the thread with Catherine I've pretty much deduced you are COINTEL.

Yeah, we're all CIA! Christ man, go on a damned walk. Get away from the PC. You're going to have an aneurysm. This vote is a sham, and nothing we do is going to change that.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Yeah, we're all CIA! Christ man, go on a damned walk. Get away from the PC. You're going to have an aneurysm. This vote is a sham, and nothing we do is going to change that.

It's not about the election, it's about those who call themselves defenders of liberty willingly voting for a tyrant. If this is what our movement has come to, then I guess I'm in the III percenter territory. So be it. Anyone who votes for a tyrant, is not a defender of liberty, period.

Petar
01-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Do you really think that's how it's going to play out? They've really dumbed down the narrative, and that's EXACTLY how they want it. Don't pay attention to anything else, I'll vote against healthcare! I pinky swear it!

Let's assume he does. Let's assume the Dems somehow don't do an end run around this, like not recognizing him until after the vote, bribing another Republican, or having the House pass it.

How long until the next ridiculous measure that he'll definitely be complicit in, or that he won't stop? A couple weeks, a month, a year? How long until it goes right back to 'business as usual' as they craft another boondoggle to waste money on?

If I was in MA, I suppose I'd vote for Kennedy. But that's all I'd do, as nothing else would matter in the circus the race has become. Anyone who thinks principles have anything to do with it anymore, on either side of the issue, are kidding themselves.

I don't know if a Brown win will definitely succeed in killing Obamacare, but at least there seems to be a HUGE CHANCE that it will.

Given that, I think that the scale is tipped dramatically towards the usefulness of a Brown victory.

Brown will naturally support a bunch of terrible things down the road, but they all will...

The proper course at this juncture is clear though.

RM918
01-18-2010, 09:46 AM
It's not about the election, it's about those who call themselves defenders of liberty willingly voting for a tyrant. If this is what our movement has come to, then I guess I'm in the III percenter territory. So be it. Anyone who votes for a tyrant, is not a defender of liberty, period.

This 'vote' is not nearly as important as you think it is. Blanket declarations of betrayal may sound awfully poetic and pretty, but that's about all they are.

Petar
01-18-2010, 09:48 AM

Helping Brown win, is helping the Marxist/Globalists who control BOTH parties score a MASSIVE failure.

Not helping Brown win, or promoting his loss, is helping the Marxist/Globalists who control BOTH parties score a MASSIVE win.

Your "principles" make you useless, except for the enemy of course...

StilesBC
01-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Well, if your goal is to take back the senate and house in November, giving Obama an excuse for failure is probably not advisable. "Look, I tried to change things, and I was doing well, but then those damn Republicans kept blocking everything. Give me a full mandate!"

There are pros and cons to both winning and losing in MA. I'm not particularly of the view that working within the GOP is a viable long-term strategy and "a gov't that can't do anything can't do anything wrong."

At this point, I really don't think it matters. Politics suck.

RM918
01-18-2010, 09:49 AM
I don't know if a Brown win will definitely succeed in killing Obamacare, but at least there seems to be a HUGE CHANCE that it will.

Given that, I think that the scale is tipped dramatically towards the usefulness of a Brown victory.

Brown will naturally support a bunch of terrible things down the road, but they all will...

The proper course at this juncture is clear though.

How huge? Where'd you get those statistics from? Dems and Reps so love their backroom deals, only Paul has been immune. Do you really think no-one's going to compromise? Are you actually relying on the honesty of neocons and neolibs? When has that ever turned out well?

AuH20
01-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Helping Brown win, is helping the Marxist/Globalists who control BOTH parties score a MASSIVE failure.

Not helping Brown win, or promoting his loss, is helping the Marxist/Globalists who control BOTH parties score a MASSIVE win.

Your "principles" make you useless, except for the enemy of course...

A Brown victory derails Obama and buys us time. Dems almost control all 3 branches of government. And they're much more in-tune with the globalist agenda (AGW, card check, universal health care, etc.) as opposed to the republicans at this juncture. At least the republicans can be held accountable by their base, thanks to the Bush debacle.

rp08orbust
01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
At least the republicans can be held accountable by their base

LOL, precisely which they are not doing by supporting Brown.

In 2016, it will be to stop some other bill for which Brown MUST be reelected.

AuH20
01-18-2010, 10:19 AM
LOL, precisely which they are not doing by supporting Brown.

In 2016, it will be to stop some other bill for which Brown MUST be reelected.

Here's the choices:

(a) vote your conscience in one of the bluest states in the country. Even Kennedy supports Brown as outlandish as it sounds! Let Obama squirm away to ratify more unconstitutional legislation (most likely amnesty and another stimulus package)

(b) Vote Brown, nullify the Obama agenda on tuesday and bring gridlock to the Congress in 2010, while the Revolution continues to erode the entrenched leadership of the GOP. Brown is a simple stop-gap measure for Ron Paul republicans. He is a simple tool for us to use at the moment. Secondly, it's freaking MassachuSTATISTs! The liberty candidate is DOA there.

sarahgop
01-18-2010, 10:56 AM

Why the hell do a few people here not understand what a miraculous opportunity this is?

well stated. this board seems to be the most pro big govt board i have seen, except a few of us, such as you.

sarahgop
01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Here's the choices:

(a) vote your conscience in one of the bluest states in the country. Even Kennedy supports Brown as outlandish as it sounds! Let Obama squirm away to ratify more unconstitutional legislation (most likely amnesty and another stimulus package)

(b) Vote Brown, nullify the Obama agenda on tuesday and bring gridlock to the Congress in 2010, while the Revolution continues to erode the entrenched leadership of the GOP. Brown is a simple stop-gap measure for Ron Paul republicans. He is a simple tool for us to use at the moment. Secondly, it's freaking MassachuSTATISTs! The liberty candidate is DOA there.

very well stated. we want smaller govt.

RM918
01-18-2010, 11:19 AM
well stated. this board seems to be the most pro big govt board i have seen, except a few of us, such as you.

Brown isn't going to stop big government. If the Dems can't get around this, and it's quite likely they will, he WILL support the next Republican big government measure that comes down the pike. You are an absolute fool to think that the Dems are evil incarnate and the Reps are suddenly the good guys. Blind leading the blind.

rp08orbust
01-18-2010, 11:26 AM
this board seems to be the most pro big govt board i have seen, except a few of us, such as you.

Your constant accusation that anyone who doesn't support Brown is in favor of big government is as stupid as me calling you a misogynist for not supporting Martha Coakley. You Brown nosers sure do hate women.

CCTelander
01-18-2010, 12:39 PM

This is what electoral politics ALWAYS devolves to. Always. Those of us who have been at this for multiple decades have seen this same pattern played out over and over again. Seems like few ever learn the lesson.

Petar
01-18-2010, 12:45 PM
This is what electoral politics ALWAYS devolves to. Always. Those of us who have been at this for multiple decades have seen this same pattern played out over and over again. Seems like few ever learn the lesson.

Pray tell what you have witnessed over multiple decades which somehow nullifies the necessity of taking advantage of this marvelous opportunity to very possibly kill this bill.

misterx
01-18-2010, 12:49 PM

I might give this argument some credibility if we weren't talking about Massachusetts. Getting a Republican Senator there is a miracle, even if it is a RINO. Either strike now, or let the state go back to the Democrats for the next 50 years. Regardless though, your analogy is a false one. John McCain would not have done anything different from what Obama is doing. The only difference would be that there would be no opposition to McCain if he was the one doing it. For that reason it was better to vote third party than to vote against Obama. This is an entirely different set of circumstances. If Brown loses, Obama gets to do what he wants. If Brown wins, regardless of principles, he is still going to oppose Obama. Regardless of whether the man is on our side or not, it is still a victory for us. If George Bush was still president, then I could see your point, but as long as Obama is in the White House, Brown is more useful to us than Coakley.

MelissaWV
01-18-2010, 01:08 PM

There is no way that I am going to read, much less respond to your entire melodramatic soliloquy.

You must have attended the same troll course as conza88.

Your tactics are completely boring.

I've already said what I think about the whole Brown thing on another thread. Truth be told, I can't vote for Brown anyhow, so that's more than I should have said.

HOWEVER!

Having read SE's above response, I am dismayed. Someone can't be bothered to read a Patrick Henry quote because it is a "melodramatic soliloquy" :eek: Heaven knows reading that speech was just too difficult. It's much easier to make things black & white and vote based on the kneejerk conclusion that follows. It takes too much gosh-darned time to read less than a page from a patriot.

This is a microcosm of our electorate, folks.

Petar
01-18-2010, 01:17 PM
I've already said what I think about the whole Brown thing on another thread. Truth be told, I can't vote for Brown anyhow, so that's more than I should have said.

HOWEVER!

Having read SE's above response, I am dismayed. Someone can't be bothered to read a Patrick Henry quote because it is a "melodramatic soliloquy" :eek: Heaven knows reading that speech was just too difficult. It's much easier to make things black & white and vote based on the kneejerk conclusion that follows. It takes too much gosh-darned time to read less than a page from a patriot.

This is a microcosm of our electorate, folks.

I skimmed over it and saw that the poster was using the material as a melodramatic soliloquy, in a week attempt to paint me as a "traitor".

Within this context is was totally boring and useless.

Unlike this post, which however useless, still manages to at least be concise.

Congratulations on your accomplishment.

CCTelander
01-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Pray tell what you have witnessed over multiple decades which somehow nullifies the necessity of taking advantage of this marvelous opportunity to very possibly kill this bill.

"marvelous opportunity"? You mean they may actually take the sand out of the Vaseline this time?

MelissaWV
01-18-2010, 01:22 PM
I skimmed over it and saw that the poster was using the material as a melodramatic soliloquy, in a week attempt to paint me as a "traitor".

Within this context is was totally boring and useless.

Unlike this post, which however useless, still manages to at least be concise.

Congratulations on your accomplishment.

:rolleyes: Definition of soliloquy... you might consider it. How could he be using a post as a soliloquy in an attempt to reach an audience (and paint you as a traitor), when in fact a read of the post shows that it was addressed to you, and asked you to read it? This, then, completely contradicts the notion of "soliloquy," which would indicate the speech was without a direct intended audience.

This thread failed ages ago.

"Canadian's," "SE" (not "LE" as was used earlier), etc.

Petar
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
:rolleyes: Definition of soliloquy... you might consider it. How could he be using a post as a soliloquy in an attempt to reach an audience (and paint you as a traitor), when in fact a read of the post shows that it was addressed to you, and asked you to read it? This, then, completely contradicts the notion of "soliloquy," which would indicate the speech was without a direct intended audience.

This thread failed ages ago.

"Canadian's," "SE" (not "LE" as was used earlier), etc.

Well, truth be told, I wasn't completely comfortable with using the word "soliloquy" when I made that post, so I looked it up quick, before choosing to commit to it.

I see now that my usage of it had a lot more to do with my preconceptions of the word, as opposed to its actual meaning.

Whoopsy.

I guess that makes me at least somewhat of an asshole.

Anyway...

What I MEANT was just that I wasn't about to read a whole page of irrelevant material just because some asshole wants to convince me that I am a "traitor".

Mind you, I'm not saying that Patrick Henrys work is irrelevant in itself, I'm just saying that it was in that instance.

Is THAT acceptable to you, or do would you still prefer that I feel like a COMPLETE idiot?

tonesforjonesbones
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
There are some of you that either haven't been here very long or you've come in under another name. This forum was taken over by democraps who are closet Obama supporters. They are very young and think all republicans are "neo cons". They are in denial that Dr. Ron Paul is a conservative Christian and a REPUBLICAN. They have made Ron Paul in THEIR image. They believe that Glenn Beck is just a neo con lying in wait for the opportunity to pull the rug out from under the liberty movement. They are absolutely opposed to the Liberty movement growing and becoming mainstream and would rather remain on the "fringe". They also need to grow up or shut up. TONES (very disgusted with this NON PAUL forum at the moment)

MelissaWV
01-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Well, truth be told, I wasn't completely comfortable with using the word "soliloquy" when I made that post, so I looked it up quick, before choosing to commit to it.

I see now that my usage of it had a lot more to do with my preconceptions of the word, as opposed to its actual meaning.

Whoopsy.

I guess that makes me at least somewhat of an asshole.

Anyway...

What I MEANT was just that I wasn't about to read a whole page of irrelevant material just because some asshole wants to convince me that I am a "traitor".

Mind you, I'm not saying that Patrick Henrys work is irrelevant in itself, I'm just saying that it was in that instance.

Is THAT acceptable to you, or do would you still prefer that I feel like a COMPLETE idiot?

No one's a complete idiot that found their way to this board :D

I just found the implication a little sad. Let's just settle on saying it gave me flashbacks to "Constitution?! I don't have time to read that thing! It's HUGE!" which I've heard from way too many people, just before they voted depending on which candidate had the best hair :(

Petar
01-18-2010, 01:47 PM
There are some of you that either haven't been here very long or you've come in under another name. This forum was taken over by democraps who are closet Obama supporters. They are very young and think all republicans are "neo cons". They are in denial that Dr. Ron Paul is a conservative Christian and a REPUBLICAN. They have made Ron Paul in THEIR image. They believe that Glenn Beck is just a neo con lying in wait for the opportunity to pull the rug out from under the liberty movement. They are absolutely opposed to the Liberty movement growing and becoming mainstream and would rather remain on the "fringe". They also need to grow up or shut up. TONES (very disgusted with this NON PAUL forum at the moment)

I dunno Tones, you strike me as someone who just wants to support the Republican party completely, and I don't feel that way at all.

I think the liberty movement has to be able to oppose both parties equally, because both parties are equally corrupt.

We just have to be dynamic and wise about exactly when and where we apply that opposition, and of course we have to be willing to bring support to either side, as necessary, also.

And of course third parties must always be figured it too.

In short, it's never as simple as just being for or against any particular party at all times.

Sorry, but you are gonna have to try harder than that.

tonesforjonesbones
01-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Tones is not likely to support ANY democrap at this point. I am a registered libertarian and I am active in the LP in my town. I STILL maintain that the libertarians are not able to win ELECTIONS. They get mosquito board, soil and water board and dog catcher. I say it is because they go for offices beyond their reach...and should try harder to get elected LOCALLY...city council, county commissioners, school boards, and when there are MANY in those positions...there will be liberty candidates to choose from for higher positions like state representatives or the state senate. Until Liberty candidates can conquer these lower levels...they can' t win national elections. All we are doing is sending a message to the GOP (why to the Gop?) that liberty folks can't win elections. TONES

tonesforjonesbones
01-18-2010, 01:56 PM
As you notice...we still only have 3% of the vote. Ron Paul had about that much and here we are two years later...only getting 3 % of the vote. We need to be gathering people into the movement and educating people. TONES

Old Ducker
01-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Tones is not likely to support ANY democrap at this point. I am a registered libertarian and I am active in the LP in my town. I STILL maintain that the libertarians are not able to win ELECTIONS. They get mosquito board, soil and water board and dog catcher. I say it is because they go for offices beyond their reach...and should try harder to get elected LOCALLY...city council, county commissioners, school boards, and when there are MANY in those positions...there will be liberty candidates to choose from for higher positions like state representatives or the state senate. Until Liberty candidates can conquer these lower levels...they can' t win national elections. All we are doing is sending a message to the GOP (why to the Gop?) that liberty folks can't win elections. TONES

As a former LP official, I agree with you that the LP is not a viable national party as far as competing in elections goes. The value of the LP is as an educational tool. Ron Paul was a voice in the wilderness for decades, but when events had proven him right all along, people began to pay attention. But it only happened because he didn't deviate from the path in order to advance himself and that's true for the rest of us. We have nothing to gain and everything to lose by climbing over the fence and playing with pigs. And make no mistake, Brown is a pig.