PDA

View Full Version : "Great Ron Paul Rally" by Lew Rockwell

purplechoe
01-18-2010, 06:59 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/47671.html

Great Ron Paul Rally
Posted by Lew Rockwell on January 17, 2010 01:59 PM

Over the weekend in Atlanta, more than 1,000 libertarians gathered to cheer Ron Paul at his Campaign for Liberty event. Other speakers included Tom Woods, Tom DiLorenzo, and me. And thanks to C4L for holding a Mises Institute session. I knew this would be a great crowd—all Ron’s people are—and they applauded his calls to end the Fed, stop Obamacare, learn Austrian economics, and fight terrorism by getting out of the Middle East and bringing all the troops home. But their greatest reaction was to Ron’s denunciation of the CIA. How neat is that? So I talked about the CIA, too, at my luncheon briefing, and its long history of death and destruction, and terrorism-producing interventionism.

After my formal talk on the Misesian vision, a man said to me: “In a recent article, Edward H. Crane, CEO of the Cato Institute, said ‘Ron Paul hangs around with the wrong people.’ Did he mean you guys?” “Yes,” I said.

“And was this the same article where Mr. Crane added, ‘I hate to be a name dropper, but I had lunch with Ben Bernanke in the White House mess the week before he was confirmed [as Fed chairman]. Great guy.’?” “Yes,” I was told.

Another person asked if I was bothered to be called the “chief Paulestinian” by warmonger David Horowitz. No, I said. I thought it was at least funny. Previously, on Glenn Beck, he charged that I was “in bed with terrorists,” i.e., opposed to perpetual war in the Middle East. And adds a friend: “Beats the heck out of being called a ‘Paultard’, now doesn’t it?”

aclove
01-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Holy crap, I was the guy who asked Lew if Ed Crane was talking about him. I'm (anonymously) famous!