PDA

View Full Version : More Positive Feedback From Houston

Number19
01-17-2010, 04:52 PM
Driving back home this Sunday afternoon, I happened to catch the final hour of a talk radio program called Loris Live (sp?) - out of one of the Houston stations. For the entire hour I listened she was constantly requesting calls from anyone who supported Perry or Hutchinson. She'd had nothing but Medina supporters calling in.

For her part, she kept telling her listeners that she really liked Medina, but if the election was held today, she'd hold her nose and vote for Perry. Her reason - Medina's lack of experience. She said she'd like to see Medina run for lower office first - she simply couldn't support someone for the highest political office in our state with no experience.

What was extremely encouraging, about 3/4 of the callers in support of Medina said they were not familiar with the candidate before the debate. They liked what they saw and heard.

When asked about her lack of experience, these callers mostly said that is was only a minor issue, not enough to keep them from supporting her, or, in many cases, considered it a positive.

Finally, in the last 10 minute segment, she got 4 Perry supporters and 1 Bill White supporter. No one called in to support Kay Bailey.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-17-2010, 05:10 PM
what station?

Number19
01-17-2010, 05:24 PM
I just went out to my car and checked my radio - it was 740 AM.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-17-2010, 05:31 PM
great! thanks!

tmosley
01-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Experience doesn't help when it was in destruction. She has more experience than those fools could wrack up in a thousand years in encouraging business growth in a healthy manner.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-17-2010, 07:15 PM
I don't listen to talk radio here in San Antonio, but I did on the day after the debate. It was pretty much the same story.

payme_rick
01-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Lack of experience in what? Big Gov't?...

more the reason...

Number19
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Lack of experience in what? Big Gov't?...

more the reason...Actually, it was more just a general lack of experience in supervising, managing and conducting business, either in the private or public sector. Numerous callers pointed out that Debra was a registered nurse, so had extensive experience with people, owned her own business and worked in Ron Paul's campaign.

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the report. I like when people post this kind of stuff.

Yeah, this lack of experience argument is crap. It's not like she's a newbie to politics; she's the head of the Wharton County GOP and been a die-hard conservative activist for many years. Yeah, she doesn't have experience holding elected office, but so what, neither did Ronald Reagan when he got elected governor. As the CEO of the company she founded, she has valuable executive experience that a lot of politicians couldn't lay claim to, and she knows what obstacles the government creates to running a business and creating jobs. Besides, experience isn't as important if you're an extremely small government conservative who is going to take a much more hands-off approach in running the state's affairs.

WorldonaString
01-17-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm glad to hear she's getting so much airtime and discussion in Texas.