PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia hit piece on Chuck Baldwin?

Agorism
01-16-2010, 08:31 PM
States' rights

Baldwin believes that "the South was right in the War Between the States", and that the leaders of the Confederacy were not racists.[3] He bemoans George W. Bush's failure to rescind executive orders by Bill Clinton that appear to undermine states' rights and private property rights.[48]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Baldwin#Political_positions

angelatc
01-16-2010, 08:50 PM
They're quoting him directly. Hard to get mad about that.

brandon
01-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Not sure how that is a hit piece.

PBrady
01-16-2010, 08:54 PM
lol

Cowlesy
01-16-2010, 09:17 PM
So do you work for the Southern Poverty Law Center, as I recall they enjoy attacking Chuck Baldwin for that exact statement, verbatim.

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intelreport/article.jsp?aid=970

Dobbs spoke on Sept. 10 from radio row with another man who can include a "Political Cesspool" appearance on his resume: Chuck Baldwin, the then-presidential candidate of the staunchly antigovernment, anti-gay Constitution Party. Baldwin has written that "the South was right in the War Between the States" and that Martin Luther King Jr. "brought havoc and unrest to America as few men have ever done."

Just checkin'

Oyate
01-16-2010, 09:26 PM
Wiki wars again?

You know, before Aaron Russo died, he asked me to keep track of Wiki on him. I found an author who was essentially negative on our critiques of the Fed, but overall, it wasn't a bad piece in historical terms. I kind of edited and softened a few pointed observations on the part of OP without destroying his narrative and the thing stood.

I liked OP's post because he was close to saying "some people say this and others say that". If Wiki is gonna work, we have to employ old-school journalism techniques. Be objective. You can always supply references for further research which is what Wiki should really be about.

Again, if Wiki is gonna work, we have to be objective and allow for ALL knowledge to be present. So I say stay away from Wiki War, just maintain a level sense of helping people understand and access information.

Board wars, such as are going on here now between us and the Pentablogers are entirely appropriate IMO.