PDA

View Full Version : Sandra Day O'Connor Revisits and Revives Affirmative-Action Controversy

bobbyw24
01-16-2010, 04:28 PM
http://libertypulse.com/article/3600

bobbyw24
01-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I have fixed the URL issue

http://libertypulse.com/article/3600

ChaosControl
01-16-2010, 04:57 PM
So she was pro discrimination, but with a time limit before and now she is just open ended pro-discrimination.

Dunedain
01-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Another traitor caught supporting anti-white discrimination policy. The lovers of insitutional racism never learn...

erowe1
01-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Another traitor caught supporting anti-white discrimination.

Traitor against whom? The white race?

Dunedain
01-16-2010, 05:11 PM

She supports racial discrimination. she is a traitor against liberty. Do you support her in that?

erowe1
01-16-2010, 05:13 PM
She supports racial discrimination. she is a traitor against liberty. Do you support her in that?

No, I definitely don't support her. But the word "traitor," like most other words, has a specific definition. It doesn't just generically mean "person who does something bad."

JustinTime
01-16-2010, 05:15 PM

Against a nation that supposedly abhors state sponsored discrimination, hows that for ya?.

IMO the government should be banned from even recognizing race, ethnicity, religion or gender at all.

erowe1
01-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Against a nation that supposedly abhors state sponsored discrimination, hows that for ya?.

Still not a very use of the word "traitor."

erowe1
01-16-2010, 05:18 PM
IMO the government should be banned from even recognizing race, ethnicity, religion or gender at all.

I agree.

Dunedain
01-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Still not a very use of the word "traitor."

You didn't answer my question. Why do you support her institutionally racist anti-white policies?

Are you a closest racist?

erowe1
01-16-2010, 05:20 PM
You didn't answer my question. Why do you support her institutionally racist anti-white policies?

Are you a closest racist?

I did answer your question. I said I don't support them.

JustinTime
01-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I hate the idea that diversity is only skin color and nothing more. It seems to be a shallow, simple minded way of seeing it. Ive been to places where I was surrounded by people of one "race" and the ideas and expiriences were incredibly diverse.
Ive been in places surrounded by people with all different skin tones and everybody had the same opinions. I just dont see why promoting "diversity" (of skin color) is anything for government to do, either in its schools or anywhere else.

I guess some people are just too stupid to see diversity unless it is written on other peoples faces.

A lot of the anti-racism crusader types are just as racist, albeit perhaps with good intentions, and ignorant as the people they claim to be fighting against.

Dunedain
01-16-2010, 07:11 PM
I did answer your question. I said I don't support them.

Good. Can you tell me why you don't support anti-white racism?

Dunedain
01-16-2010, 07:13 PM
I hate the idea that diversity is only skin color and nothing more. It seems to be a shallow, simple minded way of seeing it. Ive been to places where I was surrounded by people of one "race" and the ideas and expiriences were incredibly diverse.
Ive been in places surrounded by people with all different skin tones and everybody had the same opinions. I just dont see why promoting "diversity" (of skin color) is anything for government to do, either in its schools or anywhere else.

I guess some people are just too stupid to see diversity unless it is written on other peoples faces.

A lot of the anti-racism crusader types are just as racist, albeit perhaps with good intentions, and ignorant as the people they claim to be fighting against.

"Diversity" simply means less white males. It's got nothing to do with thinking differently or having different opinions or life experiences. Nope, we all know what it's about.

bobbyw24
01-16-2010, 08:43 PM
"Diversity" simply means less white males. It's got nothing to do with thinking differently or having different opinions or life experiences. Nope, we all know what it's about.

Supposedly, Diversity means different opinions and ideas but often it ends up being about race and nothing else. Sad . . .

JustinTime
01-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Supposedly, Diversity means different opinions and ideas but often devolves to an anti-European/Euro-American male thing

Its really a meaningless word, any time you have more than one person, you have some diversity. We are all different.

erowe1
01-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Good. Can you tell me why you don't support anti-white racism?

I don't believe in government mandated discrimination. I believe individuals have the right to discriminate however they want when it comes to their own property. If a private school wants to discriminate against people based on how much melanin they have or whether or not they have a widows peak or whatever arbitrary reasons they want, I have no problem with that. I don't really think public schools should exist at all to begin with, so I guess the question of why it matters whether or not they discriminate based on those things is a fair one that I'm not sure I have a good answer to. I don't think it's in those schools' best interest to discriminate based on those things, nor in the best interest of the students they discriminate against, nor in the best interest of the students they discriminate in favor of, nor in the best interest of the tax payers whose money they use to do that. But then again, I don't assume a public school would do anything in any of those parties' bests interests in any effective way anyway. So beyond that I don't have a good answer.