PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Convention?

RileyE104
01-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I think it would be cool to have some kind of big convention like Rally For The Republic was, only with liberty candidates who will be running in different elections this year... Ron, Adam, Rand, Peter, RJ Harris, Jake Towne, John Dennis, Joe Kennedy, Chris Simcox, the candidates running for Governor, etc.
Possibly even representatives from LEAP, Oath Keepers, and Mises Institute.

Sorry, it was just something that crossed my mind when I was day dreaming earlier.. lol
I pictured this and thousands of tea party activists showing up in support.. :D

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I don't understand why C4L doesn't organize our own convention.. It would be better than any "National Tea Party" convention like last week. Especially if all the good candidates like Medina, Kokesh, RP, etc. and now BJ too. I really wish something like this could be organized.. It would be a great response to the FAKE Tea Party they had last week, just like it was a great response to the "Republican" Convention. That way we can remind the public what the "Tea Parties" are supposed to be about.

Does no one else agree with me?? I just really feel like there needs to be a response to the horrible con-job of a "tea party" from last week... What better way than to have another big rally somewhere that takes place during all Spring Break week? :D Only the ideas and speakers are more inline with what WE The People want.

I would love to see Kokesh and BJ Lawson be there as keynote speakers.. Plus RP and Debra Medina.. If it had been done before the March elections it could have given Medina an even bigger boost since there aren't any more debates left.

dr. hfn
02-09-2010, 06:54 PM
I agree 100%! We could invite ALL the Liberty Candidates and great speakers and then invite all the organizations and media.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Perhaps the grassroots can put something on like this:

http://www.libertopia.org/home/

Probably too short of a time to pull it off, but it would be interesting. Have like a 3 day event. Could include history, philosophy, liberty speeches, etc.

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I agree 100%! We could invite ALL the Liberty Candidates and great speakers and then invite all the organizations and media.

It pains me to be just a poor 18 year old sometimes.. :(
Wish I had tons of money to blow then I could spend it on something good like this. :cool:

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Perhaps the grassroots can put something on like this:

http://www.libertopia.org/home/

Probably too short of a time to pull it off, but it would be interesting. Have like a 3 day event. Could include history, philosophy, liberty speeches, etc.

That would be pretty cool..
Then we could really do this:
http://www.strijewski.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/ronpship_dees.jpg

:D

JohnEngland
02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Perhaps it should be called the "Second National Tea Party Convention". Several reasons:

1) It'll automatically get more media attention, as the "sequel" to the first.
2) It'll show the new Tea Partiers what a real liberty convention is about and educate them about Austrian economics etc.
3) It'll show that there's a strong rival to what seems to be the clueless part of the Tea Party movement.
4) Again, the main reason for the title would be the media attention. Things like this are very important and I think the media would be interested to report of a "rival" group of Tea Partiers. As Palin said, open, competitive primaries are great - so let's do it with the TP movement!

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Perhaps it should be called the "Second National Tea Party Convention". Several reasons:

1) It'll automatically get more media attention, as the "sequel" to the first.
2) It'll show the new Tea Partiers what a real liberty convention is about and educate them about Austrian economics etc.
3) It'll show that there's a strong rival to what seems to be the clueless part of the Tea Party movement.
4) Again, the main reason for the title would be the media attention. Things like this are very important and I think the media would be interested to report of a "rival" group of Tea Partiers. As Palin said, open, competitive primaries are great - so let's do it with the TP movement!

But how can we get this underway?

For a list of speakers I've been imagining...

FOR SURE
>>> General Speakers <<<
- Adam Kokesh
- BJ Lawson (since he announced his candidacy so late.. This could give him a big needed boost.)
- Jake Towne
- Michael Badnarik (would be good to hear from him.. especially since he just recovered from a heart attack)
>>> Main War on Drugs Speakers <<<
- Jack Cole (LEAP)
- Jeffrey Miron
>>> Main Austrian Economics / Sound Money Speakers<<<
- Tom Woods
- Jim Rogers
>>> Keynote Speakers <<<
- Ron Paul, of course..

MAYBE
- Stewart Rhodes? (Oath Keepers)
- Judge Napolitano?
- John Dennis?
- Chris Simcox? (could help him with his run against McCain..)
- Daniel Hannan!! lol
- Debra Medina
- Peter and Rand? (I put them in maybe because they already have lots of support.. We should be giving the attention to those who need it now)
- Ventura?

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-09-2010, 08:39 PM
But how can we get this underway?

For a list of speakers I've been imagining...

Here is my list of speakers I'd like:

Justin Raimondo
Lew Rockwell
Dr. Mary Ruwart
Walter Block
Noam Chomsky (Foreign Policy)
Dennis Kucinich (Foreign Policy)
Bob Schulz
Michael Badnarik
Stefan Molyneux

I'd like to have both the false left-right paradigm be there.

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 08:48 PM

Justin Raimondo
Lew Rockwell
Dr. Mary Ruwart
Walter Block
Bob Schulz
Michael Badnarik
Stefan Molyneux

I like Michael Badnarik.. But would Dennis really come? I mean he's pretty far left with the Health Care stuff isn't he? I'd rather have Mike Gravel than Kucinich.. At least Gravel endorsed Adam.

low preference guy
02-09-2010, 09:09 PM

Justin Raimondo
Lew Rockwell
Dr. Mary Ruwart
Walter Block
Bob Schulz
Michael Badnarik
Stefan Molyneux

Add:
Ron Paul (Foreign Policy)
Or Hostettler
Or the Southern Avenger

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 09:09 PM
I think that the way we can do this is have 3 days where we cover all different topics but have a main topic for each day:

Day One, Main Topics: Foreign Policy / The Constitution
- Speakers: Michael Badnarik, Stewart Rhodes (OK), Judge Napolitano, Noam Chomsky, Dennis Kucinich
- Keynote Speaker: Adam Kokesh

Day Two, Main Topics: War on Drugs / Income Tax & IRS
- Speakers: Jack Cole (LEAP), Jeffrey Miron
- Keynote Speaker: BJ Lawson

Day Three, Main Topics: Austrian Economics / Sound Money / Federal Reserve
- Speakers: Tom Woods, Jim Rogers, Alan Grayson, Jake Towne
- Keynote Speaker: Ron Paul (have him cover this topic, but the others as well.. :))

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Add:
Ron Paul (Foreign Policy)
Or Hostettler
Or the Southern Avenger

Chomsky is one of the best if not the best on Foreign Policy. Dennis is also like Ron the only consistent Anti-War representative. Secondly, Ron is all ready included by the OP.

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Chomsky is one of the best if not the best on Foreign Policy. Dennis is also like Ron the only consistent Anti-War representative. Secondly, Ron is all ready included by the OP.

If we invited Kucinich for anti-war then what about Grayson for anti-FED?

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Here's an example of what this could be..

http://i49.tinypic.com/eg1ndj.jpg

I switched some of the stuff I was talking about earlier with the speakers and topics..
If we do this we should make our strongest points about Foreign Policy and Civil Liberties to combat Palin's speech last week about Iran/Patriot Act and stuff..

muzzled dogg
02-09-2010, 10:32 PM
add dr edwin vieira and larry pratt and make it happen

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 10:36 PM

If this whole thing is possible, then we should probably put the speakers to a vote or something.. Who can make this possible? I'm just a kid that's still in High School.. :D

torchbearer
02-09-2010, 10:39 PM

pants on the ground = larry pratt?

edit: looked it up- larry platt= pants on the ground.

JohnEngland
02-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Here's an example of what this could be..

http://i49.tinypic.com/eg1ndj.jpg

I switched some of the stuff I was talking about earlier with the speakers and topics..
If we do this we should make our strongest points about Foreign Policy and Civil Liberties to combat Palin's speech last week about Iran/Patriot Act and stuff..

Sounds great! The Second National Tea Party Convention needs to happen! Time to organise! (I would help, but being five time zones away from America makes it difficult haha)