PDA

View Full Version : Schiff makes Polish news

Umbro2914
01-16-2010, 03:14 PM
As I was browsing a very popular Polish newspaper's website as I do everyday, I was met with a pleasent surprise, a picture of Peter Schiff.
The original article:
http://wyborcza.biz/biznes/1,100896,7462262,Czlowiek__ktory_pierwszy_przewidz ial_swiatowy_kryzys.html

Translated via Google Transaltion

The man who first predicted the global crisis fades over the Polish economy

Peter Schiff Euro Pacific Capital founder and the man who first predicted the collapse of global financial system and the collapse of the U.S. economy, praises Poland.

although the article fails to mention his campaign for CT Senate, it still good to see him getting newscoverage, allbeit oversees. Plus check out all those vids of they posted along the article.

This is the piece by Schiff that the article is writing about

Poland's Economy Is No Joke
by Peter Schiff, Euro Pacific Capital | January 15, 2010

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/schiff/2010/0115.html

szczebrzeszyn
01-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately, they portray him as a former Lehmann Brothers employee, which, while I think is true, took place in the early 90s, didn't it?
And thus, as you can imagine, lots of idiots stick to this information in the comments, like he was there shortly before they came down..

Still not a bad article, especially when one remembers how they marginalized Ron Paul duing his presidential bid (that is, they usually didn't take notice he existed, even when he finished 2nd after a debate).

Anyway it's not so sweet in Poland. Maybe we were not hit by the crisis (yet?), but the country is rather poor, over-regulated, filled with corruption, monstrous bureaucracy and overtaxed labour. Maybe if you look at one factor, it seems great, but overall picture is rather bleak.

Umbro2914
01-17-2010, 10:17 AM
yes I agree Szcz but at least they are privatizing more and more, while America is doing the oposite.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-17-2010, 11:28 AM
yes I agree Szcz but at least they are privatizing more and more, while America is doing the oposite.

Privatization does no good if it is regulated to hell and back. I'm not sure how Poland is doing, but privatization =/= free-markets.