PDA

View Full Version : Chuck DeVore signs a Club for Growth Pledge

Brian4Liberty
01-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Chuck DeVore signs a Club for Growth Pledge:

"I hereby pledge to the people of my state upon my election to the U.S. Senate, to sponsor and support legislation to repeal any federal health care takeover passed in 2010, and replace it with real reforms that lower health care costs without growing government."

Jan 15, 2010
DeVore signs Repeal It, Fiorina signs on to Obama agenda

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE -- DeVore for California announced today that candidate for U.S. Senate and California State Assemblyman Chuck DeVore has signed the Repeal It pledge sponsored by the Club for Growth. The pledge, as written for candidates, reads: "I hereby pledge to the people of my state upon my election to the U.S. Senate, to sponsor and support legislation to repeal any federal health care takeover passed in 2010, and replace it with real reforms that lower health care costs without growing government."

DeVore's signature on the pledge stands in stark contrast to rival candidate Carly Fiorina's repeat insistence that she agrees with President Obama's goals in health care reform. As late as October 22nd, Fiorina told an audience that she had no opinion on Obamacare. Exactly one month later, she told CNN's John King that she "agree[s] with the goals of health care reform." Yesterday, she told a Santa Cruz, CA, audience that she believes the present Obamacare bill is flawed because, "It does not put forth the objectives that Obama wants, which I agree with."

Carly Fiorina's critique of the existing Obamacare bill, as insufficiently expressive of the President's wishes, places her squarely on the far left of the American political spectrum. Most recent polls indicate that a majority of American disapprove of Obamacare's goals.

Chuck DeVore said, "It's clear that the Democratic goal in passing Obamacare is not to a achieve meaningful healthcare reform. That reform would give Americans more choices, expand the free market in healthcare, and preserve freedom of conscience for providers. Instead, Obamacare's goals are to expand government, force Americans toward a state-controlled system, and eradicate conscience protections for healthcare professionals. That's why Republicans elected in 2010 must first repeal whatever form Obamacare takes, as the first step toward fixing American healthcare."

Leisa Brug Kline, DeVore for California's campaign director, said, "We can't trust Carly Fiorina on healthcare. Democratic goals must be thwarted, and she wants to fulfill them. With the Repeal It pledge and a lifetime record of solid conservatism, California's Republicans know that Chuck DeVore will fight for them."

http://www.chuckdevore.com/news.asp?artid=218

The DeVore for California campaign is online at ChuckDeVore.com.