PDA

View Full Version : I get a new cath every time I cath....

tangent4ronpaul
01-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Any one else seen these TV ads?

Medicare used to pay for for 4 catheder per month. You used to have to periodically boil them. Now they pay for 200 a month. That's like 6-7 a day... and they will directly charge medicare for these. Who is going to shove a catheter up their uritha 6-7 yimes a day???? - this is insane!!!! - and YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT!

God bless the lobbyists! - NOT!

-t

ps: 4 a month is generous.... These are very reusable.

Kludge
01-16-2010, 02:44 AM
... Sorry, "people using catheters" is pretty high on my list of people I feel sympathetic toward. If someones wants to use 200 catheters a month, I say we better double the limit.... and maybe have them see a psychiatrist.

tangent4ronpaul
01-16-2010, 03:16 AM
... Sorry, "people using catheters" is pretty high on my list of people I feel sympathetic toward. If someones wants to use 200 catheters a month, I say we better double the limit.... and maybe have them see a psychiatrist.

Luv the sarcasm!

-t

dr. hfn
01-16-2010, 03:32 AM
lmao! this is so going to be my status!

pacelli
01-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Catheters for everyone!! Every single catheter below is made by our new corporate masters in China... just the best that money can buy.

http://www.chinamedi.com/picture/840981230200723515.jpg

Let's all get a colostomy bag while we're at it. Then we'll never have to worry about slipping in a public restroom.

Dojo
01-16-2010, 04:09 AM
Living with someone with a spinal cord injury, I can tell you that he does cath 6-7 TIMES A DAY, we do boil and reuse them, but they do break down after time, and the amount of money spent treating reoccuring UTI's could have been avoided with newer ones more frequently, but not every use. That said, I think it's a bit over kill, should be reserved for those that continue to have reoccuring infections or those with immune system conditions or other issues. As long as we have decent caths to boil and he has no infections, boiling and reusing is routine and not a problem, 4 caths a month wasn't enough but shipping in 200 a month? No thanks, not necessary!

Dr.3D
01-16-2010, 04:17 AM
Obviously boiling wasn't doing the job when it came to making them clean enough to keep from causing infections. Perhaps people should learn about the miracle of Grapefruit Seed Extract and eliminate the possibility of infections entirely.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-16-2010, 07:09 AM
I dont see too much of a problem with this. There is a pretty limited amount of people who use catheters. And its not like once you get an unlimited amount for free, people who dont need them are going to rush out and load up on them just for the hell of it; like they do with other treatments.