PDA

View Full Version : UK: Family returns, finds Gypsy squatters - branded racists

Greenly
01-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Family shut out of their 'dream home' by Romanian squatters who moved in over Christmas
By David Wilkes and Nick Mcdermott
Last updated at 4:07 AM on 13th January 2010

.....But their hopes have turned into a nightmare because a group of Romanians occupied the property over Christmas.

To add insult to injury, police told them that they were being 'racist' for questioning the squatters' right to live in Britain on benefits.

The unwanted guests have changed the locks at the three-bedroom terrace house and moved in their own furniture.

Mrs Mosedale, whose three sons are ten, eight, and five, said: 'We called the police as soon as we found out they were in there. An officer suggested I was racist when I asked if they were Romanians, and did they have a legal right to be in this country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1242682/Family-shut-dream-home-gang-gipsies-moved-Christmas.html

Mini-Me
01-15-2010, 09:51 PM
This is so messed up it's absurd. Regardless of whether they're Romanians, Britons, or seven-legged Martians, and regardless of whether they're allowed in the country, the squatters certainly have no right to just steal someone's house from right under them...and people who just had their house stolen are plenty justified saying whatever in the world they want about the grand thieves. WTF are the cops thinking? I get the feeling this kind of shit wouldn't happen in Britain if ordinary people were able to be armed, too.

sofia
01-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Notice how they use the word "Romanian" instead of gypsie.

Romanians are good people....but Gypsies are scumbags who live in Romania in large numbers.

dr. hfn
01-15-2010, 09:55 PM
fuck you and your collectivism

Dunedain
01-15-2010, 10:00 PM

Just make sure you don't lump all collectivists into one group.

sofia
01-15-2010, 10:04 PM

I'm sorry. I should have said..."80% of gypsies are scumbags"....ok..better?

seriously, have you ever dealt with these people? My parents homeland (Italy) has been pillaged by these people. I've seen them in action first hand in Italy.

I was robbed by them here in NJ years ago....that's where the term "gypped" comes from.

Their culture actually teaches their kids to steal from outsiders. Chere had a hit song in the 70's..."Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves"

Mini-Me
01-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Just make sure you don't lump all collectivists into one group.

Collectivists are, by definition, collectivist. It is safe and reasonable to judge them as a group for being collectivists, because you're guaranteed not to be mistaken about them being collectivists (unless we're differentiating the various personalities of people with multiple personalities. ;)). Similarly, you can judge Marxists as a group insofar as you're judging them for their belief in Marxism...because if any of them do not believe in Marxism, they're not Marxists anyway, and you're not talking about them. However, it would be unfairly collectivist to judge Marxists for their laziness, because sloth is not necessarily a trait all Marxists share. By judging them in such a way, you'd be denying the individuality of the non-lazy Marxists. The same goes for gypsies: As far as I know, gypsies are not by definition scumbags. Every single gypsy must be a gypsy, otherwise they are not gypsies...but it is not necessarily true that every single gypsy is a scumbag. (For all I know, maybe they are though. ;))

Get it?

(Collectivist judgments are a problem only insofar as they deny individuality. The problem isn't with collectively judging actual groups of like people, it's with grouping people based on one trait and judging them based on another trait, as if the two were essentially one and the same. The whole "collectivism" thing does get confusing though, because a far worse form of collectivism is political collectivism, i.e. the subjugation of the individual to the group by force.)

Dunedain
01-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Collectivists are, by definition, collectivist. You can say that all collectivists are collectivists without being mistaken about any individual members of the group, unless we're differentiating the various personalities of people with multiple personalities. ;) Gypsies are not by definition scumbags. There's a difference: Every single collectivist must be a collectivist, otherwise they are not collectivists. Every single gypsy must be a gypsy, otherwise they are not gypsies...but it is not necessarily true that every single gypsy is a scumbag. (For all I know, maybe they are though. ;))

Get it?

It was mostly a tongue in cheek comment. Not everything I say is prophetic you know.:p

Mini-Me
01-15-2010, 10:21 PM
It was mostly a tongue in cheek comment. Not everything I say is prophetic you know.:p

Ah, shit, you already answered. I was having fun editing and reediting my post...
I knew you were mostly joking, but it also seemed like you were making a half-serious point, so I wanted to draw a distinction. :p

EDIT: I'm actually so obsessive that I continued to edit the above post even after making this one.

Dunedain
01-15-2010, 10:22 PM

I wonder where the collectivist threshold is. 90% maybe?

Personally, I'm a self-abashed collectivist. I love all my family very much and I put our collective happiness over my own individual interests. I guess that makes me a family-ist.

I now await the judgement of the forums and my required banning for having these evil thoughts. Please....do not show mercy.

Mini-Me
01-15-2010, 10:33 PM

Personally, I'm a self-abashed collectivist. I love all my family very much and I put our collective happiness over my own individual interests. I guess that makes me a family-ist.

I now await the judgement of the forums and my required banning for having these evil thoughts. Please....do not show mercy.

Hehe...well, this gets into political collectivism, which is much more dangerous than collectivist judgments (i.e. stereotyping). Here's the real question: As a general concept, would you support your family sacrificing you for the benefit of the group against your will? If that sounds contradictory, here's a better question: Would you support sacrificing another family member against their will for the benefit of the entire family? THAT is the essence of political collectivism...not merely caring more for others than yourself insofar as your voluntary actions.

Met Income
01-15-2010, 10:35 PM

You're allowed to be collectivist. You're not allowed to force me to be collectivist through violence.

Mini-Me
01-15-2010, 10:36 PM
You're allowed to be collectivist. You're not allowed to force me to be collectivist through violence.

Technically, he IS allowed, since collectivists are in charge of government. ;)

I'm just ribbing you...by the way, since when have you been an an-cap? You've been very, very, very an-cap all week (maybe longer?), but I kind of remember you being more on the mainstream side a while back...

BlackTerrel
01-15-2010, 11:04 PM

You are a statistical genius.

Met Income
01-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Technically, he IS allowed, since collectivists are in charge of government. ;)

I'm just ribbing you...by the way, since when have you been an an-cap? You've been very, very, very an-cap all week (maybe longer?), but I kind of remember you being more on the mainstream side a while back...

True, he is legally allowed. :) Not morally, though.

I became an an-cap after I saw this:

YouTube - True News 13: Statism is Dead - Part 3 - The Matrix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P772Eb63qIY)

I realized that we're slaves, even though it's not total slavery from a few hundred years ago.

tron paul
01-18-2010, 05:07 AM
The squatters and the Marxist police should both be ground into fertilizer for this poor family's garden.

No wonder the BNP is gaining members so rapidly.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-18-2010, 05:16 AM
True, he is legally allowed. :) Not morally, though.

I became an an-cap after I saw this:

YouTube - True News 13: Statism is Dead - Part 3 - The Matrix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P772Eb63qIY)

I realized that we're slaves, even though it's not total slavery from a few hundred years ago.

Have you checked out the Private Law Society clip on YT yet? Very good stuff.

I also recommend Man, Economy, State -- Power&Market. :D

Continue your education my fellow An-Cap may it do you well in the future. :p

JustinTime
01-18-2010, 08:36 PM
"Racist" is a word that I wish could be erased from the English language. Its like calling someone "heretic" is seventeenth century Spain, its the end of discussion and people simply shut their brains down, scrambling not to be seen as defending the "racists".

This family has every right to toss the squatters out, and the friggin law should be on their side.

steve005
01-18-2010, 11:26 PM
why wouldn't they just call some friends up, and break the door down, its their house, they cant get in trouble for breaking into your own house, then give those theives what they deserve

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-19-2010, 12:22 AM
why wouldn't they just call some friends up, and break the door down, its their house, they cant get in trouble for breaking into your own house, then give those theives what they deserve

They aren't allowed to have guns in England. I guess a baseball bat, will do? LMAO :D Fucking idiots I swear. Once you get your weapons taken away, you are screwed with no lube.

JustinTime
01-19-2010, 05:45 PM

I bet they'd get arrested for it. Ive heard of cases coming out of the UK where people were arrested, tried and sent to prison for shooting home invaders.

The Patriot
01-19-2010, 05:55 PM
http://www.spike.com/video/borat-gypsy-yard/2829273