PDA

View Full Version : Paul to 2% in NBC/WSJ poll

Bradley in DC
10-05-2007, 12:19 AM
http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm

NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll conducted by the polling organizations of Peter Hart (D) and Neil Newhouse (R). Sept. 28-30, 2007. N=606 Republicans, and non-Republicans who said they would vote in a Republican presidential primary, nationwide. MoE ± 4.

"Let me mention some people who might seek the Republican nomination for president in 2008. If the next Republican primary for president were being held today, for which one of the following candidates would you vote . . . ?" If unsure: "Well, which way do you lean?"

9/28-30/07 9/7-10/07 % %
Rudy Giuliani 30 32

Fred Thompson 23 26

John McCain 15 14

Mitt Romney 10 11

Mike Huckabee 4 4

Ron Paul 2 2

Sam Brownback 1 1

Duncan Hunter 1 1

Tom Tancredo 1 1

Other (vol.) 1 n/a

None (vol.) 2 2

Unsure 10 6

Danny Molina
10-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Sorry to use foul language but what the fuck has Fred Thompson done to warrant 26% poll rating? This is beyond rediculous.

TheIndependent
10-05-2007, 01:29 AM
He's been 2% all along. Thompson only gets his percentage on name and face recognition alone.

Ask a Thompson supporter what he stands for sometime.

nsellers
10-05-2007, 07:41 AM
First of all that's not very many polled folks.
A few weeks ago, one of the big-name pollsters called me about an issue, and I said, "Call back when Ron Paul is an answer." He acted stunned, but impressed. But to date, I have not been polled re presidential candidate.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-05-2007, 07:42 AM
This isn't a new poll.

Bradley in DC
10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
This isn't a new poll.

If it were posted already, sorry. Whenever that happens for anyone's posts, including mine, please flag them by hitting the upper right triangle. Adding a link to the original post simplifies everything.

Bradley in DC
10-05-2007, 07:49 AM
Ron Paul supporters need to start being more objective and get over the victim mentality, no offense. The poll shows support for all of the top people sliding with "unsure" rising. We're there to fill that vaccum--but we've not got that message out there yet.

transistor
10-05-2007, 10:55 AM
i just can't comprehend how they get these results. i browse many different internet forums and ~75% of the members are completely pro-ron paul. plus, rudy is the joke of the internet...

i really hope it has to do with the cell phone thing and we surprise them when it counts

kylejack
10-05-2007, 11:16 AM
i just can't comprehend how they get these results. i browse many different internet forums and ~75% of the members are completely pro-ron paul. plus, rudy is the joke of the internet...

i really hope it has to do with the cell phone thing and we surprise them when it counts

Dial some random numbers and tell them you're conducting a poll. I'm quite sure you'll find the polls are roughly accurate (aside from the 'not a listed name' issue). There's a lot of people out there that don't use the internet much....especially in the Republican base.

Hook
10-05-2007, 11:17 AM

Because in general Internet users are more educated and informed. That doesn't help us, unfortunately. We need more stupid people on the Internets :D

mkrfctr
10-05-2007, 11:40 AM
We need more stupid people on the Internets :D

Oh. Em. Gee.
No! No! No! No!
It's bad enough as it is!!!

/remembers back to the good ol' days where using a computer and/or the internet was a built in IQ litmus test...

micahnelson
10-05-2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.micahnelson.com/?p=122

Some poll number analysis... fwiw