PDA

View Full Version : McLaughlin Group just had a segment about Ron Paul

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-15-2010, 07:47 PM
EDIT: Here is the segment. There is a nice introduction about Paul and his growing influence on the Republican Party, then they discuss his role in being one of the founders/leaders of the tea party movement. Great piece overall!

YouTube - New McLaughlin Group Piece On Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x77N5SposZM)

Immortal Technique
01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
YouTube - New McLaughlin Group Piece On Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x77N5SposZM)

:p

angelatc
01-15-2010, 08:27 PM
Wow! We don't get McLaughlin group until Sunday. It's on about 5 different times on Sunday, but nothing before then. Very cool!

rprprs
01-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes, WOW! Except for Buchanan's comment that Ron wouldn't get the nomination, there was hardly a disparaging word... not even "quixotic".;)

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-15-2010, 08:58 PM

:p

That's it! Thanks. Actually, that is an even better segment than I thought. I missed the first 1:30 before.

Mach
01-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Beck, Palin etc.... riding the coattails of the real Tea Party Patriots.

sofia
01-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Buchanan is a total sellout.

He dismissed Ron Paul "he wont get the nomination"....and then plugged "Ms. Sarah Palin"

Comments like that hurt Ron Paul more than any attack from the left ever could. Fuck you Pat!

kahless
01-15-2010, 09:55 PM

He dismissed Ron Paul "he wont get the nomination"....and then plugged "Ms. Sarah Palin"

Comments like that hurt Ron Paul more than any attack from the left ever could. Fuck you Pat!

That really took me back also and really did not expect that from him. I supported him each time he ran but this sound bite really pissed me off.

Epic
01-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Don't burn those bridges....

I think if Pat sees RP doing well in 2012, he'll be with us.

Chieftain1776
01-15-2010, 10:41 PM

Yeah, I don't know what the heck he's doing. I wonder if Pat knows something about Palin that we don't. He said that she was a Pitchforker and then when Palin got some heat for supporting him he backed off and helped her cover her tracks in saying she was just supporting those who actually made the effort to visit Alaska. If she's really a "Secret Pitchforker" it would make perfect sense for Pat to back her...and would great for us.

YouTube - Sarah Palin, Pat Buchanan fund-raiser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9rZkJfKoEU)

Whatever her past I don't think that's the case though now. My theory is that he's more enamored of her middle class/Pitchfork Brigade background than the actual policies and cares more about "sticking it to the elites" through her election than her dangerous foreign policy. This of course is pathetic and sad as Pat Buchanan is a stalwart for our brand of foreign policy.

fj45lvr
01-15-2010, 10:42 PM

Pat is accurate on alot of issues but I think he is more concerned about his pay check (maintaining his job on air).....

I am skeptical that he won't stab Ron in the back again with these brush-offs

sofia
01-15-2010, 10:45 PM
In 2000, Establishment Ultra-Conservative Buchanan sold us a bill of goods by claiming that Texas Governor George Bush was more conservative than Pappa Bush.

and hoe in the hell could his sister Bay work for Roomney???

kahless
01-16-2010, 12:10 AM
In 2000, Establishment Ultra-Conservative Buchanan sold us a bill of goods by claiming that Texas Governor George Bush was more conservative than Pappa Bush.

and hoe in the hell could his sister Bay work for Roomney???

I do not remember that and it seems unlikely since he ran against Bush in 2000 on the Reform party ticket since Bush was not Conservative enough. That was the whole point of me supporting Buchanan in 1996 and 2000.

BuddyRey
01-16-2010, 02:58 AM
Great piece!

Bman
01-16-2010, 03:11 AM
I swear if I ever meet Pat I may consider giving him a noogie.

He's out of his mind. What's his payoff pushing a neo-con agenda?

dr. hfn
01-16-2010, 03:33 AM
Pat betrays himself.

LibertyEagle
01-16-2010, 04:12 AM

Quoted for truth.

lester1/2jr
01-16-2010, 09:34 AM
monica crowley is ruining the show. she's a terrible addition

Liberty Star
01-16-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks for posting this video.

Wow! We don't get McLaughlin group until Sunday. It's on about 5 different times on Sunday, but nothing before then. Very cool!

Haven't checked lately but PBS used to have first showing on Fri evening and replay on Sunday.

catdd
01-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Yes, WOW! Except for Buchanan's comment that Ron wouldn't get the nomination, there was hardly a disparaging word... not even "quixotic".;)

I think Buchanan was doing a little controlled demolition job.

Old Ducker
01-16-2010, 01:35 PM

I didn't take it that way. I don't think Buchanan was endorsing Palin, just surmising that her political viability is greater, which given that she has the establishment and all it's benefits behind her and is thus a total phony and fraud, is probably true...for the time being. If she becomes a candidate, we have to go negative and expose that bitch for what she really is.

Liberty Star
01-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Buchanan says the truth sometimes but is a mixed bag or he won't be resident guest on msnbc so often.

Aratus
08-19-2011, 06:56 PM
the mclaughlin group talked about ron paul's traction after the ames straw poll.

RonPaulMall
08-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Pat is paid to be a pundit, not a pure ideologue. He is a strong supporter of Ron Paul's foreign policy and gives Paul more positive ink than nearly any other mainstream Washington writer. But he doesn't think Ron will win. That's not "betrayal". I don't think Ron will win either, but that doesn't keep me from supporting him 100% in the odd chance that we beat the odds and emerge victorious. Jim Rogers has pretty much said the same thing and he is a lot more ideologically aligned with us across the board than Pat is.

satchelmcqueen
08-19-2011, 09:19 PM
i thought pat was on our side??? what happened?

Aratus
08-19-2011, 09:23 PM
the first part of this thread is old. i bumped it in light of the ames poll in that group
is now thinking ron paul has a good chance of being the GOP nominee! pat buchanan
has been more and more supportive of ron paul's presidential run and his stances!

Artie Fufkin
08-19-2011, 10:05 PM
topic is quite misleading now...

ninepointfive
08-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Clan Lachlan will always fight for liberty! Life or Death!

angelatc
08-19-2011, 10:17 PM
tube?

Perry
08-19-2011, 11:25 PM
For those of you that are NEW to politics...John Mclaughlin and pat Buchanan (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=active&biw=1750&bih=1128&sa=X&ei=EkVPTpi9NKbYiAL90uyoAQ&sqi=2&ved=0CBkQvwUoAQ&q=John+Mclaughlin+and+pat+Buchanan&spell=1) are both big Ron Paul guys and talk about him frequently.
This is the best political show on tv.

lester1/2jr
08-20-2011, 07:46 AM
I like the show alot. I have to hand it to Elenor Clift she does a really good job from the left. Her and Pat kind of embarassed Tony Blankely off the show in my mind.