PDA

View Full Version : Primary opponent's blog insulting Adam: "Veteran's Open Letter Response"

awsharp
01-15-2010, 03:51 PM
h ttp://mullinsforcongress.com/blog/?p=24

I received a copy of an undated unsigned letter questioning my commitment to the Constitution of the United States. This letter was being handed out by my primary opponent’s supporters in Farmington. Frankly, I am shocked. My primary opponent is a war protester and proud of it. I have spoken with many veterans who believe that Adam’s actions dishonor the military and our nation’s military men and women. I agree with their opinion. I believe that competition in life makes us better. Better candidates, better human beings, and better Americans.
I have spoken repeatedly that we must all be members of the Party of Knowledge. So please, get to know your candidates, ask them the hard questions, see if they can handle the pressure. Dear sir, be not afraid of me, for I know freedom. I know liberty. I will defend the Constitution. Our founding fathers blessed us with this document. I stand behind my words with actions. New Mexicans in the 3rd Congressional District will have a choice in this Republican primary between a rousing orator whose resume reads with a single line item: “war protester”, or a Tea Party Organizer, Father, Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Catholic, Engineer, and Taxpaying Creator of Wealth who will win New Mexico’s 3rd Congressional District. I will win this seat for the people.

We will be judged in our next life by the way we treat others and speak to others in this one.

My father served for 22 years in the US Army. His father served before him. I have not served, but my time to serve our nation in its hour of need is right now. As they say in the game of political poker, I am all in.

There used to be a bunch of comments but they deleted them. Let them know it's not acceptable to say that a Marine who served our country only has a "one line resume!"

awsharp
01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Here is the letter in question:

http://www.scribd.com/Tom-Mullins-Ben-Ray-Lujan-s-Best-Friend/d/25269907

nobody's_hero
01-15-2010, 04:55 PM
His website looks almost as bad as a myspace layout. He has a section "what is Tom reading".

Here's the list:

Declaration of Independence
The Constitution
The Bible
Salt: A World History
Super Freakonomics
Sarah Palin: Going Rogue
The Shack
The Great Tax Wars
The Black Swan
The Man Who Fed the World
Atlas Shrugged
The Fountainhead
The Road to Serfdom
Against Leviathan
Conscience of a Conservative
Common Sense
Economics in One Lesson
The Dumbest Generation

I don't know what he's actually read. Adam might want to pick some of the most pertinent materials to debate on and go ahead and rip this guy to shreds, so we can move on to more serious contenders.

Edit: Then again, he might actually know his shit. He might not be sincere, but he might be convincing.

I think the race will depend on disgruntled anti-war liberals and however many pro-war Republicans Adam can knock off the neocon bandwagon. What's y'all's opinon?

nobody's_hero
01-15-2010, 05:07 PM
I've never heard of this guy before now. Here's the summary of his pleasant views on foreign policy:

Tom believes that we must aggressively defend our freedom. Our soldiers and their leaders do a fine job under difficult circumstances. We must supply them with needed munitions. Tom understands that the battle will be fought somewhere, and it must end in victory. There are many definitions of victory, all of which require the expenditure of blood and treasure. We will pay the price for our Freedom, and we should support those around the world who clamor for their freedom.

brandon
01-15-2010, 05:16 PM
ehh.... the blog post wasn't that bad. And I agree that Adam's resume is lacking. I brought this up before...

awsharp
01-15-2010, 05:22 PM
His website looks almost as bad as a myspace layout. He has a section "what is Tom reading".

Here's the list:

Declaration of Independence
The Constitution
The Bible
Salt: A World History
Super Freakonomics
Sarah Palin: Going Rogue
The Shack
The Great Tax Wars
The Black Swan
The Man Who Fed the World
Atlas Shrugged
The Fountainhead
The Road to Serfdom
Against Leviathan
Conscience of a Conservative
Common Sense
Economics in One Lesson
The Dumbest Generation

I don't know what he's actually read. Adam might want to pick some of the most pertinent materials to debate on and go ahead and rip this guy to shreds, so we can move on to more serious contenders.

Edit: Then again, he might actually know his shit. He might not be sincere, but he might be convincing.

I think the race will depend on disgruntled anti-war liberals and however many pro-war Republicans Adam can knock off the neocon bandwagon. What's y'all's opinon?

He has very little intellectual grounding, I'm pretty sure most of those books are just for show, and even if he may have read them he doesn't talk about them or the ideas contained in them.

You're right when it comes to the general, but when it comes to the primary it's all about convincing people that Adam's not a crazy, abortion loving, gay marriage supporting, peacenik leftist.

I've never heard of this guy before now. Here's the summary of his pleasant views on foreign policy:

Tom believes that we must aggressively defend our freedom. Our soldiers and their leaders do a fine job under difficult circumstances. We must supply them with needed munitions. Tom understands that the battle will be fought somewhere, and it must end in victory. There are many definitions of victory, all of which require the expenditure of blood and treasure. We will pay the price for our Freedom, and we should support those around the world who clamor for their freedom.

Yeah, he's a Neo-con. what do you expect?

Just as I was posting this, this article was published at the New Mexico Independent:

http://newmexicoindependent.com/44484/mullins-kokeshs-actions-dishonor-the-military?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

awsharp
01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
ehh.... the blog post wasn't that bad. And I agree that Adam's resume is lacking. I brought this up before...

But still, you have to agree that the fact that Mullins makes it seem like protesting is all Adam has ever done is a total slap in the face to his sacrifice for our country as a member of the military, right?

nobody's_hero
01-15-2010, 05:39 PM
He has very little intellectual grounding, I'm pretty sure most of those books are just for show, and even if he may have read them he doesn't talk about them or the ideas contained in them.

That's what I'm thinking.

angelatc
01-15-2010, 05:47 PM
I have spoken with many veterans who believe that Adam’s actions dishonor the military and our nation’s military men and women. I agree with their opinion. I believe that competition in life makes us better.

Competition makes us better? Please tell me he is referring to the election and not to the military. With all the money we spend on the military, it would be very disheartening to learn that the terrorists are actually just in a little competition with our troops.

nobody's_hero
01-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Competition makes us better? Please tell me he is referring to the election and not to the military. With all the money we spend on the military, it would be very disheartening to learn that the terrorists are actually just in a little competition with our troops.

You haven't heard? They're over there playing rugby with each other. The loser has to go back to base for the day and come back for a rematch the next day. It's all good sport.

But seriously, I can't believe this guy expects to win with the same foreign policy platform that McCain lost on.

In fact, a peaceful foreign policy platform is still up for grabs as an option, because the democrats didn't use theirs once they got into office (but we weren't surprised, of course). Adam's gonna take it and run with it.

Edit: I feel like donating in the Feb. 1 moneybomb more than ever now, thanks to Mr. Mullins.

awsharp
01-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Yes, I was a little confused by that part as well.

You haven't heard? They're over there playing rugby with each other. The loser has to go back to base for the day and come back for a rematch the next day. It's all good sport.

But seriously, I can't believe this guy expects to win with the same foreign policy platform that McCain lost on.

In fact, a peaceful foreign policy platform is still up for grabs as an option, because the democrats didn't use theirs once they got into office (but we weren't surprised, of course). Adam's gonna take it and run with it.

Edit: I feel like donating in the Feb. 1 moneybomb more than ever now, thanks to Mr. Mullins.

Couldn't have said it better myself! :D

Liberty Hound
01-15-2010, 11:50 PM

Let's take a look at a list of some things his resume has.

1. Machinest
2. Print Shop
3. Horse S#*t Shoveler
4. Graphic Designer (Entrepreneur, To pay his way through Grad School)
5. UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS COMBAT VETERAN (Volunteered to serve in Iraq)
6. Established a group home for OIF/OEF (Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom) veterans
7. Founded peer-to-peer counseling groups for veterans with PTSD
8. And he also continues to raise awareness about veterans’ issues

Those are some strong resume points.

ronpaulhawaii
01-16-2010, 12:11 AM
K4C response

Hi Matthew,
Sorry for the delay. The campaign really doesn't have time for these distractions, but we do realize a response is needed. Below is a statement from the campaign:

It is our understanding that a New Mexico Veteran and Kokesh supporter drafted a letter questioning Mr. Mullins' electability in the heavily Democratic Third District. Although the campaign does not endorse the letter, we do see merit in some of the points raised therein. Instead of addressing these points, Mr. Mullins decided to take the letter as an opportunity to make a personal attack against Mr. Kokesh.

We believe that Mr. Mullins' insinuation that Adam's service to our country as a Marine in Iraq isn't worth a line on his resume is a slap in the face to all military personnel and veterans. As is posted on our website, Adam enlisted at the age of 17 in the United States Marine Corps and later volunteered to serve in Iraq with a civil affairs unit in Fallujah. When he returned, he established a group home for OIF/OEF (Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom) veterans, founded peer-to-peer counseling groups for veterans with PTSD, and he continues to raise awareness about veterans' issues. He also worked as a graphic designer to pay his way through Grad School. Whatever perspective you may have on our foreign policy, there is no excuse for degrading the sacrifice a veteran has made for our country. It is possible that, because he has never served in the military, Mr. Mullins does not understand the type of commitment and dedication required to volunteer for our armed forces. Still, we believe Mr. Mullins owes an apology not just to Mr. Kokesh, but to all active duty military service members and veterans.

--
Andrew Sharp
Communications Director
Kokesh for Congress
andrew@kokeshforcongress.com
(505) 470-1917

Icymudpuppy
01-16-2010, 09:45 AM
The veteran in the letter should have signed his name.

I wrote a similar letter to my local paper in support of Ron Paul. I signed my name. It made more of a difference when people can attribute the words to someone known and respected.

-Jack

LibertyEagle
01-16-2010, 10:37 AM

1. Machinest
2. Print Shop
3. Horse S#*t Shoveler
6. Established a group home for OIF/OEF (Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom) veterans

Hey, if he's cleaned out horse stalls, he's A-Ok with me. :D

In case you think I'm kidding.... I'm not.

Travlyr
01-16-2010, 06:49 PM
You can add excellent public speaker to that resume list.

brandon
01-16-2010, 07:16 PM

1. Machinest
2. Print Shop
3. Horse S#*t Shoveler

How many years has it been since he had a full time job?