PDA

View Full Version : APNewsBreak: AP sources: Obama to Massachusetts

Bruno
01-15-2010, 03:36 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9D8BJU04&show_article=1

BOSTON (AP) - His health care bill at stake, President Barack Obama plans a trip to Massachusetts to campaign for endangered Senate Democratic candidate Martha Coakley amid release of a poll showing an edge for the Republican Party in the race to fill a Senate seat Democrats have held for over a half-century.
Democratic officials disclosed the president's plans Friday on condition of anonimity because they were not authorized to pre-empt a White House announcement.

"If Scott Brown wins, it'll kill the health bill," Democrat Barney Frank, D-Mass., said, underscoring the stakes of Tuesday's special election.

A Suffolk University survey released late Thursday showed that Brown, a Republican state senator, with 50 percent of the vote in the race to succeed the late Sen. Edward M. Kennedy in this overwhelmingly Democratic state.

Coakley had 46 percent. That amounted to a statistical tie since it was within the poll's 4.4 percentage point margin of error, but it was far different from a 15-point lead that Coakley, the Massachusetts attorney general, enjoyed in a Boston Globe survey released over the weekend.

The Suffolk poll also confirmed a fundamental shift in voter attitudes telegraphed in recent automated polls that Democrats had dismissed as unscientific and the product of GOP-leaning organizations.

And it signaled a possible death knell for the 60-vote Senate supermajority the president has been relying upon to stop Republican filibusters and pass not only his health care overhaul, but the rest of his legislative agenda heading into crucial mid-term elections this fall

low preference guy
01-15-2010, 03:41 PM
i don't know if this is breaking news. it's been on the dailycaller for quite some time already. i think for 3 days now.

SevenEyedJeff
01-15-2010, 03:43 PM
It's sad that we have to depend on something like this to stop the health care bill.

dr. hfn
01-15-2010, 03:45 PM
WTF?! The President shouldnt be fucking campaigning!

Bruno
01-15-2010, 03:51 PM
i don't know if this is breaking news. it's been on the dailycaller for quite some time already. i think for 3 days now.

really? Just this morning Drudge had a report that he wasn't going because he had too much too many recent losses

low preference guy
01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
yes. for sure this is at least the second day is in the daily caller, but i think it's the third.

purplechoe
01-15-2010, 04:01 PM
It's sad that we have to depend on something like this to stop the health care bill.

Only a neocon can save us from this healthcare bill... :confused: :( :o

http://bitsandpieces.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/imagesvicious-20circle.jpg

Cinderella
01-15-2010, 04:05 PM
wow obama says to vote for coakley? id hope that would turn more people away from her!! seeing as obama has such high approval ratings.........damned if you do damned if you dont...brown=coakley=brown=establishment hoebags.........this girl is voting for kennedy!!

angelatc
01-15-2010, 04:14 PM

If it was, it was only a rumor. It was just announced this afternoon. Not too long ago Obama said he wasn't going to go.

angelatc
01-15-2010, 04:15 PM

They all do that.

parocks
01-15-2010, 04:18 PM
If it was, it was only a rumor. It was just announced this afternoon. Not too long ago Obama said he wasn't going to go.

I heard about it from AP or somewhere like that, so, yeah, I think it's official.

specsaregood
01-15-2010, 04:30 PM

You can stick a fork in Coakley now. Just ask NJ Governor Corzine how much help Obama campaigning for him at the last minute paid off. LOL.

The weekend before the election Obama came to town and stated that Re-electing Corzine was key to his agenda.
Results:
Christie: 48.5%
Corzine: 44.9%

whoopsie. he ended up getting every single anti-obama person out to vote, just to vote against obama.

Dieseler
01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Just heard during beck that he will be making an appearance for her Sunday.

angelatc
01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
I heard about it from AP or somewhere like that, so, yeah, I think it's official.

No, I know that it was announced this afternoon. I was responding to a poster who said he thought he saw it several days ago.

HOLLYWOOD
01-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Just heard during beck that he will be making an appearance for her Sunday.

It will be huge... DHC/DNSC will spare no change/ca$h...I wonder where Hussien HopenChangen's Attention Whore, Oprah Winfrey, will tag along. It will be a Circus Part Deux...

Coakley sounds like Palin now with all the gaffs and dumb comments. I wonder if any of the congressional DUMBOcrats will get you and lay the $610 Million Walfare Bribe to bailout RomneyCare in the HC bill?

I'm sure the circus will have Kerry & Bwaney Fwank. should be good entertainment but the MORONS forgot the NFL Playoffs are this weekends, so I hope they conjured-up a decent gameplan than having the GHOUL and his 2 bit dentures howling "terrorists".

Dianne
01-15-2010, 06:35 PM
The President is a loser. I doubt the republican will win, as Obama has dispatched over 300 thugs and ACORN type conspirators on the ground in Mass. to gather up all the retards there and pay them $50. or a pint of liquor to vote.

He is a desperate crook.. As long as there is another dollar to be made for his fellow conspirators; he will fight tooth and nail in any illegal or otherwise way in which to hold his power.

Aratus
01-16-2010, 08:59 AM
barack obama now taking time out of his schedule to rally the party groundlings so that our A.G can regain poll points... oh! my! oh! my! oh! my! oh! my! oh! my! oh! my! oh! my! oh! my! oh! my! oh! my! oh! my!

Bruno
01-17-2010, 03:16 PM
The Teleprompter-in-Chief live now on MSM pullin out the stops for Martha.

ItsTime
01-17-2010, 03:19 PM
Obama is like a magnet. He drives way democrats and attracts republicans to the polls lol

Bruno
01-17-2010, 03:20 PM
He keeps turning the speech back towards him and his policies. Who's running here? Lol

ItsTime
01-17-2010, 03:22 PM
He keeps turning the speech back towards him and his policies. Who's running here? Lol

haha he ALWAYS does that. Everything is about HIM. And he isnt very popular with anyone right now.

jclay2
01-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I would be willing to bet that brown wins this election. Why else would Obama cancel his Massachusetts plans? Can you imagine what the headlines would be if Obama went down there and campaigned for coakley, only to be upset in the most democratic state in the union!

Bruno
01-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Obama: "The country's ability to move backward or forward is at stake."

I vote for backward = less government. :)

Flash
01-17-2010, 04:03 PM
I would be willing to bet that brown wins this election. Why else would Obama cancel his Massachusetts plans? Can you imagine what the headlines would be if Obama went down there and campaigned for coakley, only to be upset in the most democratic state in the union!

The same thing you just described happened in New Jersey haha.

catdd
01-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by jclay2
I would be willing to bet that brown wins this election. Why else would Obama cancel his Massachusetts plans? Can you imagine what the headlines would be if Obama went down there and campaigned for coakley, only to be upset in the most democratic state in the union!"

I just hope they do the right thing. His vote will stop Obamacare.