PDA

View Full Version : We should get RP on the Daily Show/Colbert Report again...

Starks
10-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Can we bug HQ to do something?

OptionsTrader
10-05-2007, 12:00 AM
I agree.

We should get RP on the Daily Show/Colbert Report again...

TechnoGuyRob
10-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Let's do it!

Anti-Donkey
10-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Since I wasn't a RP supporter last time he was on: How did he get on last time? Email campaign?

qsecofr
10-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Think of how pro Ron they can be the second time arround,... I bet we get some great clips if they do. Last time around with Stewart I loved the intro.

Hope
10-05-2007, 12:07 AM
Colbert made some really cutting remarks about Ron Paul on another show following Ron Paul's appearance. I don't think he'll be on again. With Jon Stewart, it seems like he's taken a sharp turn to the left -- before it seemed like he just made political satire where applicable and kept his own bias out of it...but now he's doing half the show on segments like, "George Bush doesn't care about sick children!!!11" :(

OptionsTrader
10-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Colbert made some really cutting remarks about Ron Paul on another show following Ron Paul's appearance. I don't think he'll be on again. With Jon Stewart, it seems like he's taken a sharp turn to the left -- before it seemed like he just made political satire where applicable and kept his own bias out of it...but now he's doing half the show on segments like, "George Bush doesn't care about sick children!!!11" :(

They ARE comedians. They are not politicians or members of the Ron Paul campaign. Try not to take every sleight personally. If it is funny, they say it.

Hope
10-05-2007, 12:14 AM
They ARE comedians. They are not politicians or members of the Ron Paul campaign. Try not to take every sleight personally. If it is funny, they say it.

I don't think you understand what I wrote. I'm not saying they are politicians or that they have to agree with me on the issues. I'm saying that I've been watching them for a very long time and as a viewer I can definitely tell that there is more of a "This is funny because it flies in the face of bleeding heart logic / those crazy conservatives are at it again!" type material.

Ron Paul Fan
10-05-2007, 12:24 AM
What has Colbert said bad about Ron Paul? The last time he was mentioned on the show was the Huckabee vs. Paul debate and he was making fun of Huckabee! Jon Stewart seems like a liberal, but I think he respected Paul the last time he was on the show. I don't think Stewart has said anything bad about Ron Paul either. Plus, Ron Paul is huge among the targeted audiences for these shows so why wouldn't they want him on their show again? I'm not even sure what you're referring to Hope.

Richandler
10-05-2007, 12:25 AM
Ron was interviewed after the PBS debate by the Daily Show. Apparently they do a lot of interviews that never get aired.

james1906
10-05-2007, 12:29 AM

Colbert's been really nice to RP. He's had guests on there that he's insulted relentlessly. I'm sure both of them will invite him back after the money figures.

MGreen
10-05-2007, 12:44 AM
I think we definitely need to get the Wriststrong bracelet to Paul, as has been suggested before, which would be the perfect lead-in to a Colbert mention/"endorsement" and then appearance. Seriously, Paul needs to get one and wear it on Tuesday's debate. If the campaign doesn't get the message in time, we need people who will be at the debate to bumrush Paul and slip one on before it starts.

It also may not hurt to contact the Colbert Report and make sure they're aware that the Colbert Bump can officially be considered to mean a 114% boom in support. I wouldn't be surprised if the show writers are aware of this and are saving it for the next time they do a report on the candidates. Given the recent coverage (these guys have the major stations playing all day), I'm sure they are aware of the opportunity. When you add the Wriststrong bracelet into the mix, they'd have enough material for an entire segment, and not just a passing mention.

We need to keep the televised bombardment of Ron Paul active for as long as possible. For those who don't bother researching the man because he's not considered "top tier," seeing him in the news for a day or two isn't much; seeing him pop up several times throughout the next couple weeks (preferably continuously up until the major televised debates) will get these people more interested in finding out just who this Paul guy is.

michaelwise
10-05-2007, 12:53 AM
The Ron Paul Bump should only go to the most gracious hosts.

mkrfctr
10-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Ron was interviewed after the PBS debate by the Daily Show. Apparently they do a lot of interviews that never get aired.

It's their job to get as much material as possible and cut the heck out of it to make a funny minutes long segment. They went in a direction that didn't use any material from interviews with the candidates that were there, can't blame them. Bit was decently funny, esp the "I'm white and I'm telling you you'll be ignored, in fact I'm having trouble paying attention right now" and then looking all around, lol.

And YES! can someone please get Ron Paul a Colbert bracelet? At least get a photo of it if not on the debate itself. So far they've just used pictures or screen shots of video footage anyway, so it doesn't have to be like he wears it for hours or anything, just a picture.

And yes he got on both shows through a ton of mail and a complete bombardment of their respective forums, lol.