PDA

View Full Version : Great comments

ronpaulhawaii
01-15-2010, 01:04 AM
http://educationfrontblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/01/the-medina-factor.html

The Medina Factor
5:08 PM Thu, Jan 14, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
William McKenzie/Editorial Columnist Bio | E-mail | News tips
The person I'm most interested in watching tonight in the GOP gubernatorial debate is Debra Medina. If she's articulate and informed, she could be the Ross Perot of this race. The tea-party Republican could make this race very uncomfortable for both Rick Perry and Kay Hutchison, both of whom have been trying to win Medina's supporters.

I also will be listening for what Hutchison says about broadening the GOP tent. That was one of her early themes, but it seems like she has been trying to out-border, out anti-tax, out-conservative Perry since then. If she really believes in a big tent, she's got to give moderates a reason to come into it. So far, she hasn't.

See you at 7.

Comments
Posted by Sharon @ 8:05 PM Thu, Jan 14, 2010
Saw the debate! Very good for Debra Medina! I I believe she is one to give the 2 politicians a run for their money. A true Texan! She has my vote!

and an entire page of glowing comments follow

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Medina was phenomenal. I don't understand how anyone could choose Perry or Hutch over her. I think both of them totally underestimated her. Just donated $100 to her.

awesome! :D

I'm from North Carolina, and I have been calling and emailing every one I know in Texas from months now telling them about Medina.

Medina, never even heard of her...She's got my vote. hands down!!

*Mike, you wouldn't have left that first comment at the bottom of the page did you? :D

kathy88
01-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Is this you, Michael?

Posted by Michael @ 1:00 AM Fri, Jan 15, 2010
Make sure Medina is in the next debate, being run by these guys:

Belo Corp. Headquarters
[Admin note- address removed- Medina is in the debate and they asked for us to back down]
Dallas, Texas 75265-5237

Don't let the media decide who you will vote for. Support the Wildflower of Texas - Support Debra Medina

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-18-2010, 04:38 PM
William McKenzie/Editorial Columnist Bio | E-mail | News tips
The person I'm most interested in watching tonight in the GOP gubernatorial debate is Debra Medina. If she's articulate and informed, she could be the Ross Perot of this race.

Hmmm.... Medina was very "articulate and informed", yet William McKenzie has decided in his column today that she's not the next Ross Perot after all:

Third, Debra Medina is the ultimate values-driven candidate, but she's not Ross Perot. The former GOP county chair and current tea party activist is like most libertarians – motivated mostly by beliefs, not a need for power.

Now, her ideas are kind of loopy. For example, she wants to wipe out property taxes and replace them with sales taxes. For some, that will have an intrinsic appeal, but Texas would end up with one walloping sales tax. And it would particularly crush poor people.

Moreover, she doesn't have enough flair, bucks or X factor to make the kind of dent that Perot did in the 1992 presidential race.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-mckenzie_19edi.State.Edition1.225e5b4.html (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-mckenzie_19edi.State.Edition1.225e5b4.html)

No suprise; he works for the Dallas Morning News. I'm sure he had his mind made up ahead of time that Debra was not the next Ross Perot.

rp08orbust
01-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Hmmm.... Medina was very "articulate and informed", yet William McKenzie has decided in his column today that she's not the next Ross Perot after all:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-mckenzie_19edi.State.Edition1.225e5b4.html (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/viewpoints/stories/DN-mckenzie_19edi.State.Edition1.225e5b4.html)

No suprise; he works for the Dallas Morning News. I'm sure he had his mind made up ahead of time that Debra was not the next Ross Perot.

Well she's already polling higher in the latest Rasmussen poll than Perot did in 1996, so it looks like William McKenzie is wrong.

JoshLowry
01-18-2010, 05:25 PM
Medina > Media

ronpaulhawaii
01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Is this you, Michael?

Posted by Michael @ 1:00 AM Fri, Jan 15, 2010
Make sure Medina is in the next debate, being run by these guys:

Belo Corp. Headquarters
[Admin note- address removed- Medina is in the debate and they asked for us to back down]
Dallas, Texas 75265-5237

Don't let the media decide who you will vote for. Support the Wildflower of Texas - Support Debra Medina

Yeppers :)

dr. hfn
01-18-2010, 06:41 PM
The Wildflower of Texas! nice michael!

tmosley
01-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Of course she's no Ross Perot. Ross Perot didn't win!

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Of course she's no Ross Perot. Ross Perot didn't win!

Yeah, exactly. In a way he's right, but only because he's wrong. :p

low preference guy
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
She's also a Republican (not an independent) and is running for Governor (not for President).

Charles Wilson
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM
I posted the following on DailyPaul: Debra needs money now so I plan to make a small donation ASAP and make a bigger donation on the February 02 Money Bomb. Can someone make a widget similar to the one used when Ron Paul set an all time record on December 17th, 2007 with his money bomb? That was awesome. I got so caught up in the excitement I got my family members to donate. It was really cool seeing the thermometer rise and our names pop up when we donated. Graphics of the money bomb should be on as many blogs as possible. Thanks

The past was a blast, do you remember:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Moneybomb.jpg ?

purplechoe
01-19-2010, 02:22 AM
Wow, take a look at this pissed off communist... :) ...priceless.

Posted by Diane Birdwell @ 9:45 PM Sun, Jan 17, 2010

It looks like here that Medina's campaign sent out an email for you all to flood this blog with supporters. Good job, but we are not fooled.

Uh-uh, nope. When she has more than a one paragraph generalization on what she wants for public education, THEN she will be a person worth looking at.

She supports the elimination of a property tax in favor of a sales tax. Any student of economics and government knows that is regressive and PUNISHES the lower half of the income scale. What part of Texas government does she want to rid us of? The highways? Let them rot? The public schools? Oh, yea, I can see her going for vouchers and let any charletan open a school to get rich--privatization of public schools. Yea, the counties and cities have so much extra money out there to pick up the slack, don't they?

And how much does she say the slaes tax in Texas will have to be to pay for all we pay for now?

What about the National Guard? How to pay for that? State Parks? How about the A.G.'s office, child welfare, courts and all that? Prisons? Agriculture? Extension services? Universities?

She offers cheap, easy, simplistic answers. She is only a spoiler and will actually allow Perry a fourth shot at staying on as governor.

Not impressed by her doom and gloom of Texas, either. Maybe you supporters of Medina have no knowledge of California politics, where your type of capping government taxation is WHAT LED to the their crisis, because while the needs did not diminish, the tax amounts did.

This is straight out of the 1980 Reagan playbook. They even had a name for it: "Starve the Beast."

Come up with a new plan.