PDA

View Full Version : Fox ignores Haiti, others all Haiti all the time

cindy25
01-15-2010, 12:04 AM
the difference in coverage is amazing, almost weird.

Bman
01-15-2010, 12:15 AM
lol. Yeah I checked every news station last night to see what they would do.

fj45lvr
01-15-2010, 12:27 AM
how cares?

covering these gruesome events is kind of like crowds gathering around accident scenes to see the carnage....

Maybe if britney spears flips out again all the "news" channels can once again cover the same important entertainment, err..."news".

Mini-Me
01-15-2010, 12:31 AM
The targeted programming is drawing this diagram in my head:
The "liberals" are supposed to clamor for government to do something...anything...EVERYTHING.
The "conservatives" are supposed to not give a shit, because giving overwhelmingly to charity would undermine the idea that government aid is so utterly necessary.

TotalLiberty
01-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Why are you guys watching TV news (government propaganda) anyway?

Imperial
01-15-2010, 12:53 AM
I don't have many qualms about the government providing emergency assistance to Haiti. I was really disturbed by Fox's lack of coverage of the Haiti disaster. The others may go overboard but I think Fox's reporting was even shoddier.

cindy25
01-15-2010, 03:03 AM
there should not be any government aid, and while the others are over doing it, Fox should have some coverage. if it were Tel Aviv or even Kabul Fox would be there.

bunklocoempire
01-15-2010, 05:06 AM
there should not be any government aid, and while the others are over doing it, Fox should have some coverage. if it were Tel Aviv or even Kabul Fox would be there.

Word.

Bunkloco

DAFTEK
01-15-2010, 07:00 AM

This!!!! :cool:

JustinTime
01-15-2010, 08:19 AM

I hate you (j/k) for making me defend Fox, but not everybody wants to hear about the Haitian quake 24/7, so while CNN, MSNBC and the Big Three do non-stop Earthquake coverage, Fox fills the niche for those who have other concerns.

And, although I cant say for certain since I dont watch Fox, I find it hard to believe they have had no earthquake coverage at all.

haaaylee
01-15-2010, 11:11 AM
i dunno, every time i put it on Fox yesterday i had to turn it off 'cos that was all they were talking about.

and its pointless coverage anyways- why do we need to be reminded every second that they got an earthquake?
what about what is happening here in America??

like this headline that i saw today:
"Man OK After Penis Gets Stuck in Pipe."

now that is news i need to know!
although, i wish they would grammar check their headlines and make "OK" into "O.K." psh.

Bman
01-15-2010, 03:13 PM

The Art of War.

TonySutton
01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Something that baffles me is this, I have seen tons of pictures and video from Haiti. None have shown any heavy equipment in them, no bulldozers, no cranes. You can not tell me that there is not one single piece of heavy equipment located on the west end of that island.

Bruno
01-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Something that baffles me is this, I have seen tons of pictures and video from Haiti. None have shown any heavy equipment in them, no bulldozers, no cranes. You can not tell me that there is not one single piece of heavy equipment located on the west end of that island.

I noticed that, too. At the top of the list of things they are needing after food, water, and medical supplies has to be heavy equipment.

Liberty Star
01-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Not all of Fox, Glenn Beck was crying on his show for children of Haiti after news came out. Hadn't seen him cry like this since he did the famous video for Iraqi children few years back.

LibForestPaul
01-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I noticed that, too. At the top of the list of things they are needing after food, water, and medical supplies has to be heavy equipment.

Because heavy equipment isn't as cool as lots of dead negroes, with (.) (.)

BlackTerrel
01-15-2010, 07:14 PM
like this headline that i saw today:
"Man OK After Penis Gets Stuck in Pipe."

Dan Quayle is in the news again?

Dunedain
01-15-2010, 07:41 PM
I forget. Why do I care about what happens in Haiti again? I don't watch T.V. so I'm kind of out of touch with all the propaganda.

BlackTerrel
01-15-2010, 11:15 PM
I forget. Why do I care about what happens in Haiti again?

Funny that the two of the last three threads that you started have to do with Haiti. You must care about them somewhat.

I don't watch T.V. so I'm kind of out of touch with all the propaganda.

Where do you get yours from?

Dunedain
01-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Funny that the two of the last three threads that you started have to do with Haiti. You must care about them somewhat.

I'm interested in the historical Haiti. It is a great living example of my entire philosophy. I really wish I could get a gubmint grant and go study their society (and not get kidnapped)

The earthquake and all the destruction it caused I'm not really interested in though.

libertyjam
01-16-2010, 12:09 AM

The main heavy equipment was fixed cranes at the docks, pictures showed one of those partially sunk under water. Thursday three aid bearing ships were turned away as the docks are destroyed and the road for moving supplies is bucked/heaved five feet. Another way will have to be found to offload and get supplies in.

StilesBC
01-16-2010, 12:35 AM

Haiti has very little productive capital - this is why they are so poor. They have no private property laws (or at least no means of enforcing them), so it doesn't make sense for anybody to accumulate productive capital unless they can guard it with a security force themselves - otherwise looters will simply dismantle it for scrap value.

So they need an effective structure to enforce property laws, but people who have no food or clean water (even before the earthquake) have little cares for such things. They're focused on feeding their families today.

It is a chicken or egg scenario. You need a legal structure to have productive capital. But you need productive capital to provide clean water and food in order for people to concern themselves with legal structures.

literatim
01-16-2010, 12:45 AM
The UN and other groups have pulled out their medical personnel and supplies. The people are throwing the food that is being handed out on the ground and stomping on it. There is also 37 dead and 330 missing UN personnel.