PDA

View Full Version : "The person to watch in this race: Sam Rohrer. Many are dismissing...

dr. hfn
01-14-2010, 11:56 PM
http://keystoneconservative.com/2010/01/14/the-governor%E2%80%99s-race-a-primary-analysis/

"The person to watch in this race: Sam Rohrer. Many are dismissing his run, but that would be a mistake." -- Keystone Conservative

REPUBLICANS:

The race for Governor just took an interesting turn with Republican Congressman Jim Gerlach’s decision to leave the race. His withdrawal would appear to benefit his Primary challenger, sitting state Attorney General, Tom Corbett.

Gerlach’s campaign had raised just over $1,000,000, not viewed as enough to be considered a viable candidate. Additionally, he had weak support among State Committee members who heavily favor Corbett. Campaign Finance Reports will be available at the beginning of February and it’s been widely reported that Corbett will be reporting in excess of $3,000,000.

Congressman Gerlach has since reentered the race for his 6th District seat & did not endorse any other candidate for Governor.

Of the 2 remaining candidates for the Republican nomination, Robert Allen Mansfield is the “long shot” with State Representative Sam Rohrer the unknown “dark horse”.

Insiders have said that Sam Rohrer didn’t expect to get endorsed by the State Committee & has been positioning himself to run unendorsed in the Primary.

Rohrer became well-known across the state when he launched his campaign to implement property tax relief. His strong opposition to the federal government’s “real ID” initiative and the firearm registry has made him a popular conservative speaker. He also has wide support amongst “Tea Party Patriots” who are holding well attended statewide fundraising events for him. Rohrer has already garnered endorsements from several high profile conservative groups.

The person to watch in this race: Sam Rohrer. Many are dismissing his run, but that would be a mistake.

Pennsylvania
01-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Gah. Is this another guy I'm going to have to dig to find out what his positions actually are? Not much on his website.

dr. hfn
01-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Gah. Is this another guy I'm going to have to dig to find out what his positions actually are? Not much on his website.

he's a constitutional conservative

roho76
01-15-2010, 10:42 AM

This one?

http://www.samrohrer.org/

Mike4Freedom
01-15-2010, 10:48 AM
I hope he has a good shot. This guy would be a great governer. I especially like this:

3.Stabilize School Funding & Eliminate School Property Taxes.

I own three properties so this would be very nice.

Pennsylvania
01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
This one?

http://www.samrohrer.org/

Yep, not enough info. :o

Social issues in particular. IMO, they don't go away just because the economy's tanked. I'm not a conservative, so when I check out a candidate, I want to know it's not only gun and tax policies that I'm voting for.

brandon
01-15-2010, 11:01 AM

Social issues in particular. IMO, they don't go away just because the economy's tanked. I'm not a conservative, so when I check out a candidate, I want to know it's not only gun and tax policies that I'm voting for.

He's strongly religious (christian) and believes we need to continue fighting the "islamo-fascists" in the middle east.

Deduce from that what you want...

roho76
01-15-2010, 11:04 AM

Sounds like a winner to me.

You do know that social programs run on taxes, right? So if you remove the taxes the programs kinda go away on their own. It's like an ant problem. If you clean the food off the floor they go away.

dr. hfn
01-15-2010, 11:09 AM
He's strongly religious (christian) and believes we need to continue fighting the "islamo-fascists" in the middle east.

Deduce from that what you want...

he's running for governor, not federal office, so it doesnt matter, plus we can convert him the rest of the way i'm sure :)

LDA
01-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Sounds like a winner to me.

You do know that social programs run on taxes, right? So if you remove the taxes the programs kinda go away on their own. It's like an ant problem. If you clean the food off the floor they go away.

If we had a responsible fiscal policy, yes, you could starve these programs. Unfortunately, that's not how it works. In this country, when we can't pay for a program, we just take on debt. You could lower taxes, and the government would just take on extra debt to cover the deficit.

This whole idea that tax cuts, in and of themselves, will reduce the deficit or government debt, makes no sense. We need massive cuts to all government programs. When you lower taxes but don't lower spending, the situation just gets worse.

Elm
01-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Lower taxes has been a Republican hallmark for a while. However reducing spending is what counts. If we can get the message out there that cutting taxes without reducing spending isn't cutting taxes we can hopefully force some legislation.

dr. hfn
01-15-2010, 09:49 PM
bump

Straight Talk
01-17-2010, 05:23 AM

You are correct that he doesn't have an "issues" page. However, looking around, there is a lot of content. There are some documents on his site that may be helpful but especially his past blog entries (here are a few: http://www.samrohrer.org/blog.html?start=28)
The documents are here: http://www.samrohrer.org/vision.html