PDA

View Full Version : Brown 50 / Coakley 46 - Suffolk/7News Poll 1/14

parocks
01-14-2010, 11:16 PM
http://bostonherald.com/news/politics/view/20100114brown-out_poll_shows_scott_brown_trumping_martha_coakley/srvc=home&position=0

Brown 50
Coakley 46
Kennedy 3
Undecided 1

high numbers of independent voters turning out on election day, which benefits Brown, who has 65 percent of that bloc compared to Coakley’s 30 percent.

51 percent of voters saying they oppose the “national near-universal health-care package” and 61 percent saying they believe the government cannot afford to pay for it.

The poll, conducted Monday through Wednesday, surveyed 500 registered likely voters who knew the date of Tuesday’s election. It shows Brown leading all regions of the state except Suffolk County.

Dianne
01-14-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't want to get my hopes up, but I would love to see Coakley take a nose dive.... I don't care if she loses to the talking horse, Mr. Ed; I would love to see her go down. It would absolutely make my week.

South Park Fan
01-14-2010, 11:32 PM
If nothing unexpected happens between now and Tuesday, Brown will probably win.

revolutionary8
01-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Why should we have another Lieberman in the senate?

Vote Kennedy, but even so, Coakley is better than Brown, at least she says she wants us out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

I see absolutely no reason whatsoever, plus, she will be easier to replace w/ a REAL conservative when the time is right.

Brown is a brown nosing establishment tool w/ his little brownie up Israeli ass.
This is not to say Coakley is any different, but the "liberals" still think they are "liberal" rather than bloody warmongering, bankworshiping, police state bootlicking pwns. They will wake up. So far, it doesn't look like it will take them the painstaking 7 YEARS it did w/ the BUSHLICANS.

Slutter McGee
01-15-2010, 01:20 AM
What the hell does their views on Afghanistan really have to do with the political situation? The Democrats have full control of the senate, house, and presidency. If they want out, they can get out. Besides, I think that as morally and ethically wrong as we find the war, especially Iraq, we can agree that the most pressing thing right now is sound footing on fiscal issues.

Now is Brown sound? No. Is he a neo-con? Yes. But more importantly. Would he break that magic number of 60 that the Dems have? YES.

Its like Basketball. We are behind. And sometimes you have to foul the other team to give yourself more time to win. It is not pretty. It is not pure basketball. But it is sound strategy.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

TCE
01-15-2010, 01:31 AM

Vote Kennedy, but even so, Coakley is better than Brown, at least she says she wants us out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

Brown will vote virtually 100% of the time with the Republicans. Translation: Against anything the Democrats put forth. That's what we need right now. Lieberman is a Democrat first, loose-cannon second.

All Democrats claim they want to get out of the wars, but they never do. Do you really think she's going to vote against her own party in support of the wars? I doubt it.

Let Brown win, he'll have the seat for a few years and he'll lose it next election because his one seat won't matter anymore.

revolutionary8
01-15-2010, 01:33 AM
What the hell does their views on Afghanistan really have to do with the political situation? The Democrats have full control of the senate, house, and presidency. If they want out, they can get out. Besides, I think that as morally and ethically wrong as we find the war, especially Iraq, we can agree that the most pressing thing right now is sound footing on fiscal issues.

Now is Brown sound? No. Is he a neo-con? Yes. But more importantly. Would he break that magic number of 60 that the Dems have? YES.

Its like Basketball. We are behind. And sometimes you have to foul the other team to give yourself more time to win. It is not pretty. It is not pure basketball. But it is sound strategy.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

What the hell does their views on Afghanistan really have to do with the political situation?

As a matter of fact, Ron Paul's "views on Afghanistan" is one of the major reasons I voted for him.

If they want out, they can get out. Besides, I think that as morally and ethically wrong as we find the war, especially Iraq, we can agree that the most pressing thing right now is sound footing on fiscal issues.

How in the world are THE WARS not tied in to "fiscal issues"?

anyhew, they will delay him until after the vote, and he supports
ROMNEYCARE.

Now, you tell me the difference between ROMNEYCARE AND OBAMACARE,
THEN WE'LL TALK.

TCE
01-15-2010, 01:34 AM
As a matter of fact, Ron Paul's "views on Afghanistan" is one of the major reasons I voted for him.

If they want out, they can get out. Besides, I think that as morally and ethically wrong as we find the war, especially Iraq, we can agree that the most pressing thing right now is sound footing on fiscal issues.

How in the world are THE WARS not tied in to "fiscal issues"?

Coakley won't slap Obama/Reid in the face by voting against war funding for Afghanistan and Iraq, simple as that. Look beyond the rhetoric. Party first, principle is a distant second.

revolutionary8
01-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Brown will vote virtually 100% of the time with the Republicans. Translation: Against anything the Democrats put forth. That's what we need right now. Lieberman is a Democrat first, loose-cannon second.

All Democrats claim they want to get out of the wars, but they never do. Do you really think she's going to vote against her own party in support of the wars? I doubt it.

Let Brown win, he'll have the seat for a few years and he'll lose it next election because his one seat won't matter anymore.

total bs.
he votes Romneycare/AIPAC.
Stop acting like Ds and Rs are different.
WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

Seriously, put down the pipe.

TCE
01-15-2010, 01:40 AM
total bs.

You think he's going to vote with the Democrats on health care?

parocks
01-15-2010, 01:42 AM
You aren't paying attention to what's been happening with Obamacare at all, have you?

total bs.
Stop acting like Ds and Rs are different.
WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING?

Seriously, put down the pipe.

revolutionary8
01-15-2010, 01:46 AM
You think he's going to vote with the Democrats on health care?

You aren't paying attention to what's been happening with Obamacare at all, have you?

No, not at all.. :rolleyes:

TCE, He won't VOTE. get it? they will stall it, they will do anything they can, he will be alieved of all pressure, and the "guantlet" of his "own party". If it isn't Brownie, it will be some other pwn in the grand chessboard...

Parocks,
once again,
tell the class the difference between ROMNEYCARE AND OBAMACARE.

We are listening.

specsaregood
01-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Coakley is better than Brown, at least she says she wants us out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

You should go reread that section of her website. She leaves all kinds of wiggle room in her statement that will allow her to change her stance on afghanistan and iraq. It seemed to me quite clear that she was only saying that to prevent any anti-war people from straying away.

Edit: here ya go
http://www.marthacoakley.com/about/Issues/details/28

"Based on what I know now about the President's planned troop increase, I do not believe that we should send additional troops into Afghanistan. I believe we should begin the process of bringing our troops home. I will of course listen further to the President's address, but I remain very concerned that the case for an increase in troops has not been made.

"My concern moving forward is that there is no evidence that the Afghan government, led by President Karzai, is a legitimate or trustworthy partner in these efforts. Without a credible Afghan partner, we cannot achieve a goal of securing this country with increased troop levels and then implementing a sound exit strategy that leaves it in the hands of a stable Afghan government."

Hardly the words of a person that is staunchly for ending that war. She will just wait to be convinced to support the war until after elected.

revolutionary8
01-15-2010, 02:07 AM
You should go reread that section of her website. She leaves all kinds of wiggle room in her statement that will allow her to change her stance on afghanistan and iraq. It seemed to me quite clear that she was only saying that to prevent any anti-war people from straying away.

Edit: here ya go
http://www.marthacoakley.com/about/Issues/details/28

Hardly the words of a person that is staunchly for ending that war. She will just wait to be convinced to support the war until after elected.

strawman.
Abe said vote for Kennedy. So do I. Stop w/ the fakie left/right head jabs will ya?
Got beef?

Perhaps you misunderstood, but there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TAKE UP FOR A NEOCON, not when dealing w/ your (supposed) own kind at least.
Not in my book anyway.

specsaregood
01-15-2010, 02:14 AM
strawman.
Abe said vote for Kennedy. So do I. Stop w/ the fakie left/right head jabs will ya?
Got beef?

Perhaps you misunderstood, but there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TAKE UP FOR A NEOCON, not when dealing w/ your (supposed) own kind at least.
Not in my book anyway.

I hate people that can't read posts. I didn't take up for anybody. I just disagreed with his statement that she is better on the war issue. Don't put words in my mouth as I didn't say to vote any of them.

Edit: if anything my post was pro-kennedy as I am an anti-war voter.

Lord Xar
01-15-2010, 02:20 AM
Coakley is for open borders and the globalist agenda. Brown has stated he is opposed to Amnesty etc..

Coakley WILL continue the wars, the bailouts, and all that other Obama'esque agenda.

vote Brown.

revolutionary8
01-15-2010, 02:22 AM
I hate people that can't read posts. I didn't take up for anybody. I just disagreed with his statement that she is better on the war issue. Don't put words in my mouth as I didn't say to vote any of them.

Edit: if anything my post was pro-kennedy as I am an anti-war voter.

Okay, just trying to respond and saw your edit,

I am not sure what that means, but there is absolutely no reason for anti-war people to be "fighting".

I say vote K dawg all the way. there is no other choice for me, but I don't live there.

IMO,
There are plenty of other places people can argue over the next robot for office..

revolutionary8
01-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Coakley is for open borders and the globalist agenda. Brown has stated he is opposed to Amnesty etc..

Coakley WILL continue the wars, the bailouts, and all that other Obama'esque agenda.

vote Brown.

Vote Kennedy.

http://joekennedyforsenate.com/

No candidate who advocates for continued military spending or who advocates a significant raise in entitlement spending, such as the one proposed in the Health Care Bill, is being truthful about cutting spending and cutting taxes. For decades politicians have promised to give people entitlements to get their votes. At the same time, the same politicians promise to cut taxes to get other people’s votes. It’s not possible, and I will not do that. Here, detailed below, is the spending I will cut; and how I will address taxes afterwards.

We do not need targeted plans and complicated programs to cut taxes. Those only complicate the issues, leave loopholes to be abused, and only benefit specific segments of the population, be they the wealthy, the poor, or large corporations. If we genuinely want to end the recession, we will have to cut spending and cut taxes. We can accomplish this with simple, but broad strokes.

To cut taxes we must cut spending, and I pledge to do the following in Washington:

I will author and file legislation to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, saving hundreds of billions of dollars yearly and saving countless American lives.
I will write and file legislation to repeal every plank, every dollar, and every dime of the Obama Health Care Plan.
I will write and file legislation to repeal every ill-conceived corporate bailout and return every cent to the American taxpayers.
I will write and file legislation to repeal the federal employee pay increase put forth in the $1.1 trillion dollar spending package; a pay raise now is just shameful, and its even more so when so many Americans are out of work and struggling through this recession!
I will write and file legislation to repeal every tax increase, every unnecessary hack job, and every costly expansion that has happened during the current administration.
I will go after the Federal Reserve Bank and back the existing legislation to publicly audit the Federal Reserve; and if we find corruption in the halls of the Fed, I will without hesitation co-sponsor a bill to end the Fed.
I will then begin to look at the 43% increase in spending that occurred during the George W. Bush administration, and where I find waste I will repeal and cut that spending as well.
I will zealously seek out and garner support and co-sponsors for the legislation I will submit to end the Federal Income Tax and return that money to the people it belongs to, the American citizens.
I will go to Washington with a big eraser in hand. Every place I find a wasted dollar I will write legislation to repeal that waste and return the taxpayers’ money. When legislation that cuts waste gets caught in committee, I will call-out the people responsible for holding up that legislation and let the taxpayers judge their actions.

specsaregood
01-15-2010, 02:26 AM
I am not sure what that means, but there is absolutely no reason for anti-war people to be "fighting".

Yeah I'm not trying to pick a fight, just pointing out that I ain't buying her anti-war sales pitch. If she was serious about it, she wouldn't be putting in all those disclaimers. I have no doubt that once elected she is gonna do whatever Obama and the DNC tells her to.

tremendoustie
01-15-2010, 03:54 AM
I don't want to get my hopes up, but I would love to see Coakley take a nose dive.... I don't care if she loses to the talking horse, Mr. Ed; I would love to see her go down. It would absolutely make my week.

ditto. In fact, I think I'd prefer ed. Hooves make it difficult to vote for big government.

I would like to see Coakley go down in flames though. This is a referendum on healthcare, and if it doesn't make it in Massachusetts, that's a pretty powerful statement.

21st Century Republican
01-15-2010, 04:35 AM
Considering the somber talk by Olberman on MSNBC, I would say that
it looks like they even think Brown will win. They are getting critical on Obama
for giving the race up.

Stary Hickory
01-15-2010, 07:45 AM

I know, but it's funny that American voters in Mass are the only ones able to stop government's takeover of our health and our right to care for our bodies. I have high hopes too, I can't and will not obey any health care legislation like this. It's kinda the end of the road I guess.

Elwar
01-15-2010, 08:22 AM
A vote for Brown right now is a vote against a 60 vote in the Senate. That's pretty much it.

Right now, that's more important than anything.

Also, he'll be such a crappy Republican that we can point to his record as Romney's buddy the whole time that Romney's running in 2012.

parocks
01-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Romneycare deals only with Massachusetts.
Obamacare deals with the whole country.

That's the primary difference.

Otherwise, the bills aren't indentical. It doesn't matter though.

Brown said he wouldn't vote for Obamacare.

No, not at all.. :rolleyes:

TCE, He won't VOTE. get it? they will stall it, they will do anything they can, he will be alieved of all pressure, and the "guantlet" of his "own party". If it isn't Brownie, it will be some other pwn in the grand chessboard...

Parocks,
once again,
tell the class the difference between ROMNEYCARE AND OBAMACARE.

We are listening.

angelatc
01-15-2010, 08:30 AM

How many times are you going to fall for that "I don't want war" line?

Dianne
01-15-2010, 08:30 AM
If Brown goes in, at least we stand a fighting chance to still have a country when the next election rolls around.

angelatc
01-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Considering the somber talk by Olberman on MSNBC, I would say that
it looks like they even think Brown will win. They are getting critical on Obama
for giving the race up.

I swear I am going start documenting this stuff. We heard for months that health care was going nowhere. Then suddenly it flew through the House.

Then we heard the Senate was never going to be able to reconcile the various interests.

Now we're hearing that the SFKAK (seat formerly known as Kennedy's) is going to a damned dirty Republican?

Yeah, right. Regardless, it makes decent entertainment.

TCE
01-16-2010, 10:38 PM
How many times are you going to fall for that "I don't want war" line?

Depends on how many candidates there are running.

She's not an idiot, she's the freakin' Attorney General. She's versed well in lawyer/politician speak. Nobody ever votes for the wars 7 years after soldiers have been fighting, they only vote on funding for the war. Every single time they do that, nobody can vote against it (except Dr. Paul), because if they do, their opponent will claim that they "don't support the troops." That is how she'll get out of it.

The TEA Party people, on the other hand, have so much blind rage that if Brown votes for Obamacare, it will be entertaining to see what the angry mob of 1 million people do.

Agreed, it's entertaining to see Coakley be one of the worst candidates ever to even have a chance of losing Kennedy's seat.

Coogan
01-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Obamacare and the filibuster proof Senate are the issue. Whatever weaknesses Brown may have, he is the key to stopping both. There is no other alternative available that has any chance of winning. I would vote Brown.

parocks
01-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Agreed. 1st post - joined 2 years ago?

Obamacare and the filibuster proof Senate are the issue. Whatever weaknesses Brown may have, he is the key to stopping both. There is no other alternative available that has any chance of winning. I would vote Brown.