PDA

View Full Version : Issues Statements (Draft)

ronpaulhawaii
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Am mulling something along these lines for the back of a brochure for CPAC.

Revolution, by nature, is a rejection of established dogma and a revisit to core human values. There are three main areas where we are engaged in challenging the “establishment”

1 - Economic Policy – We believe that much of our economic woes can be traced to the USA's recent shift away from “Sound” (commodity backed) currency to a “Fiat” (faith based) system, and the acceptance of the idea that Money is Debt. We recognized the wisdom of the founders, who fought against the establishment of a “Central Bank”, due to the historical evidence of massive abuse of such trust. We believe the current Federal Reserve System is little more than a gang of counterfeiters propping up puppets in DC with a magic checkbook and the force of unconstitutional law.

2 - Social Policy - We believe that “making a federal case out of [social issues]” usually creates a lose lose situation for The People, and a win win for Big Gov't (and its lawyers) We recognized the wisdom of the founders who gave us a republic where the relative independence of the States maximizes freedom by keeping easily abused authority as close to “home” as possible. We believe the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution provides a clear framework for this solution.

3 – Foreign Policy – We look for Respect, Trade and Friendship with other nations and are wary of entangling alliances. We believe meddling in the internal affairs of other nations, whether through overt, or covert means, is detrimental to the security and prosperity of our nation. - We believe all necessary wars should be prosecuted under the tenets of the “(Christian) Just War Doctrine.” We believe wars must be declared by Congress, openly, and that once declared we should let our military do its job and then bring them home. We reject the idea of liberal “nation building” and abhor imperial adventurism.

Thoughts/edits/rewrites/etc???

LibertyEagle
01-14-2010, 06:43 PM
It's good, RPH. Add hypens in win-win and lose-lose.

slothman
01-14-2010, 07:50 PM
@We recognized the wisdom of the founders, who fought against the establishment of a “Central Bank”@
Some of the Founders were actually for the bank.
@making a federal case@
That implies that it is only bad for the federal gov't to make the law.
It doesn't say whether it is good for the state or local gov'ts to do so.
@(Christian) Just War Doctrine@
That implies that the Christian religion is the "One True Religion".
@liberal “nation building”@
I know CPAC is a conservative site but the word "liberal" seems too biased.

ronpaulhawaii
01-17-2010, 05:46 PM
@We recognized the wisdom of the founders, who fought against the establishment of a “Central Bank”@
Some of the Founders were actually for the bank.
@making a federal case@
That implies that it is only bad for the federal gov't to make the law.
It doesn't say whether it is good for the state or local gov'ts to do so.
@(Christian) Just War Doctrine@
That implies that the Christian religion is the "One True Religion".
@liberal “nation building”@
I know CPAC is a conservative site but the word "liberal" seems too biased.

Thanks LE and Slothman, would love to get more imput. Here is my reasoning in regards to your above points.

@central bank - Remove the comm?
@"Federal case" - used for rhetorical purpose. The imbalance is on the federal side, am open to change...
@"Just War"- Yes, hence the brackets, was wondering regarding the target audience?
@open to dropping "liberal"

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-17-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks LE and Slothman, would love to get more imput. Here is my reasoning in regards to your above points.

@central bank - Remove the comm?
@"Federal case" - used for rhetorical purpose. The imbalance is on the federal side, am open to change...
@"Just War"- Yes, hence the brackets, was wondering regarding the target audience?
@open to dropping "liberal"

I like it as is (Even though it is not libertarian enough :p). It suits the target audience well. Keep the Christian, because it is indeed a Christian theory. St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas along with the School of Salamanca. Even I as a deist can recognize this point.

As for the liberal for nation building. Keep it. Even though I recognize that we don't use the word liberal correctly anymore, we might as well go with the current syntax of the word. It is indeed "liberal" since it was heavily popularized by Lincoln, Wilson, and FDR, Johnson, and Bush/Clinton.

I would however, add in Austrian Economics and at the least Ludwig von Mises in the Economic part.

1 - Economic Policy – We believe that much of our economic woes can be traced to the USA's shift away from “Sound” (commodity backed) currency to a “Fiat” (faith based) system, and the acceptance of the idea that Money is Debt. We recognized the wisdom of the founders, who fought against the establishment of a “Central Bank”, due to the historical evidence of massive abuse of such trust. We also believe in the Austrian School of Economics who have posited that the very existence of a "Central Bank" or the Federal Reserve System leads invariably to the boom-bust cycles that have plagued our Economy since it's existence in 1913. We believe the current Federal Reserve System is little more than a gang of counterfeiters propping up puppets in DC with a magic checkbook and the force of unconstitutional law. For a more in-depth economic overview head over to www.mises.org.

^ How's this?

jmdrake
01-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Hmmm....I'm still partial to Ron Paul's 4 core principles from 2008.

http://dissidentvoice.org/2008/09/ron-paul-press-conference-unifies-third-party-and-independent-candidates-around-four-key-points/

What you have is nice, but it says nothing about civil liberties. Someone could be against "making a federal case out of social issues" and still think warrantless wiretapping or forced vaccination was ok.

dr. hfn
01-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Independent Ralph Nader, the Green nominee Cynthia McKinney, the Constitution Party’s Chuck Baldwin and the Libertarian Party’s Bob Barr along with Ron Paul agreed on the following four key principles:

Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Independent Ralph Nader, the Green nominee Cynthia McKinney, the Constitution Party’s Chuck Baldwin and the Libertarian Party’s Bob Barr along with Ron Paul agreed on the following four key principles:

Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.

That's good too. I would however add that we also want to End the Fed. As for the privacy part, let's throw in the 1994 Firearms Act, the 1934 one, and the Real ID act..Thoughts?

I think we should also mention the Austrian School in the Federal Reserve part. Business Cycle theory--- Yes?

Guitarzan
01-17-2010, 06:10 PM
"We believe the current Federal Reserve System is little more than a gang of counterfeiters propping up puppets in DC with a magic checkbook and the force of unconstitutional law."

I would change the language a bit.

"We believe that the Federal Reserve System, and fiat currency in general, are unconstitutional, immoral and propagate an environment of corruption and deficit spending. The power to control an entire nation's money supply is a tremendous power with tremendous temptation and should be bound down by the same chains of the Constitution as all other areas of government are, as the Founders recognized."

That's my best shot. I just think the language, with words like "gangs" and "puppets" won't go over well at CPAC.

ronpaulhawaii
01-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Here is an editable WIKI for this.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=226526

AED - I left off the mises link because they will be featured inside. We could use a master url linked to our "Websites for Liberty" WIKI for the back cover.

I like the elements of the privacy section, but will need rewording including the 10th...

I really appreciate the help, we have a lot going on...

ronpaulhawaii
01-17-2010, 06:39 PM
"We believe the current Federal Reserve System is little more than a gang of counterfeiters propping up puppets in DC with a magic checkbook and the force of unconstitutional law."

I would change the language a bit.

"We believe that the Federal Reserve System, and fiat currency in general, are unconstitutional, immoral and propagate an environment of corruption and deficit spending. The power to control an entire nation's money supply is a tremendous power with tremendous temptation and should be bound down by the same chains of the Constitution as all other areas of government are, as the Founders recognized."

That's my best shot. I just think the language, with words like "gangs" and "puppets" won't go over well at CPAC.

I like that, as well :)

jmdrake
01-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Bump! On a day like today we need to keep our core principles in mind. That's what the C4L should be about.