PDA

View Full Version : Coakley Disses Fenway, Schilling Responds

angelatc
01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
For those of us who disparage sports, Fenway Stadium is hallowed ground a baseball stadium in Massachusetts, and Curt Schilling is a former pitcher who has won the World Series a couple of times for Boston.

Want ANOTHER reason to NOT vote for Martha Coakley??? (http://38pitches.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/curt-schilling/general/2010/01/14/want-another-reason-to-not-vote-for-martha-coakley/print/)

Posted By Curt Schilling On January 14, 2010 @ 11:02 am In Family, General, Life | 52 Comments

Picked this up from here… [1]

If she hasn’t done it yet, Martha Coakley may have just killed her campaign.

She’s apparently been trying to win the title of Worst Political Campaign Ever, and she might have just clinched it with her little dig at Scott Brown over Fenway Park. [2]

The appearance characterizes Coakley’s approach to this truncated race. Aware that she has little time for the hand-shaking and baby-kissing of a standard political campaign, she has focused instead on rallying key political leaders, Democratic activists, and union organizers, in hope they will get people to the polls.

… Despite that, there is a subdued, almost dispassionate quality to her public appearances, which are surprisingly few. Her voice is not hoarse from late-night rallies. Even yesterday, the day after a hard-hitting debate, she had no public campaign appearances in the state.

Coakley bristles at the suggestion that, with so little time left, in an election with such high stakes, she is being too passive.

“As opposed to standing outside Fenway Park? In the cold? Shaking hands?’’ she fires back, in an apparent reference to a Brown online video of him doing just that. “This is a special election. And I know that I have the support of Kim Driscoll. And I now know the members of the [Salem] School Committee, who know far more people than I could ever meet.’’

There are just so many things wrong with that statement.

It shows her elitism and arrogance unbelievably. Aside from the apparent feeling that the seat belongs to her just by virtue of her party, she just admitted that she doesn’t need to bother meeting with constituents because she’s meeting people like Kim Driscoll, and political leaders, and Democrat activists. I guess they’re the ones that matter, huh? I know it’s a “special election” and all, but that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t need to fight for this seat. Prancing around with this mindset of “Oh, I’m a Democrat, therefore Ted Kennedy’s seat just automatically belongs to me regardless of what the people think,” is idiotic. Acting as if she doesn’t need to give her constituents the time of day is ludicrous. She can make all the snide remarks about Scott Brown shaking hands with people in the cold that she wants, but that’s what you’re supposed to do when you’re trying to get elected. She seems to have forgotten that she’s trying to get elected in Massachusetts, and not in Washington D.C. — if she remembered that, maybe she’d spend more time trying to impress Massachusetts voters and less time rubbing elbows with the Democrat establishment, Big Pharmacy lobbyists, and union leaders. Most normal politicians, Republican or Democrat, do go shake hands with voters. Even if it means standing in the cold outside of Fenway Park.

Finally, has she forgotten who she’s talking to? What state she’s wanting to represent in the Senate? It’s Massachusetts. You do not make sneering insults about Fenway Park. What’s she going to do next, insult the Red Sox? That’d really just be the cherry on top of a delightful campaign. Fenway Park and the Red Sox are damned near sacred to Massachusetts residents, Bostonians in particular. Really, I’m starting to think that she just doesn’t want to get elected or something. Because anyone with half a modicum of sense knows that you do not go into Boston and mess with Fenway Park.

Aratus
01-15-2010, 07:57 AM
O! Taxachusetts...

we need a Taxachusetts

Forum oh so soon to be an archive...

Aratus
01-15-2010, 08:48 AM
Curt Schilling has made noises off and on about running for the Senate,
and our own CHRISTY MIHOS is now a for certain g.o.p contender for governor!!!
YouTube - Christy Mihos ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7dfzNHfQmA) here is one of his old tv ads... http://www.christy2010.com/

rawful
01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Schilling is a neocon blowhard.

Carole
01-15-2010, 09:33 AM
This woman is incredibly stupid. Why would anyone want her in the US Senate?

She is self-imploding and a definite elitist.

This is an excellent example of the collectivist "entitlement" mentality of s-called "progressives". It clearly shows why it is doomed to failure.

BTW "progressives" are actually reactionaries. They want the feudal system back alive and thriving in America.

angelatc
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM
BTW "progressives" are actually reactionaries. They want the feudal system back alive and thriving in America.

That's actually an excellent observation.

Another blogger wrote that that if she keeps talking, Coakley could be the next Bill Buckley. :)

Slutter McGee
01-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Schilling is a neocon blowhard.

maybe he would turn out like that other hall of fame pitcher and end up being alright. Id like to see Nolan Ryan run here in Texas.

Slutter McGee

angelatc
01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
maybe he would turn out like that other hall of fame pitcher and end up being alright. Id like to see Nolan Ryan run here in Texas.

Slutter McGee
Heck, Ryan was a Ron Paul guy. I'd really like to see him run too. Maybe Ron should talk to him about that.

angelatc
01-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Follow up: Coakley attempted to discredit Schilling by accusing him of being a Yankees fan. WTF?

YouTube - Martha Coakley: Curt Schilling Is A Yankees Fan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmNpcMHwOa8)

ItsTime
01-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Its comical how bad her campaign has been. She had an aid or staffer or something caught on tape saying "with out lobbyists this town wouldnt function" or something like that.