PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] John Stossel: When Gov't Intrudes on Your Diet, What's Next? 01/12/10

purplechoe
01-14-2010, 04:49 PM
YouTube - 1/12/10 John Stossel: When Gov't Intrudes on Your Diet, What's Next? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BtC8I0TlD4)

Elwar
01-14-2010, 05:01 PM
2:21
"as long as we have medicare, medicaid and group risk health insurance...we're all paying the price, if you ask other people to pay the price, you're going to get their opinions on your food."

Mini-Me
01-14-2010, 05:05 PM
This is kind of random, but John Stossel's eternal youth creeps me out a bit. He's only eleven-and-a-half years younger than Ron Paul, and he'll probably be 300 years old before he looks elderly.

kathy88
01-14-2010, 05:07 PM
This is kind of random, but John Stossel's eternal youth creeps me out a bit. He's only eleven-and-a-half years younger than Ron Paul, and he'll probably be 300 years old before he looks elderly.

He IS? Holy shit.

Mini-Me
01-14-2010, 05:12 PM
He IS? Holy shit.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure he's a Númenórean.

purplechoe
01-14-2010, 06:16 PM
He IS? Holy shit.

he's gonna be 63 in couple of months... :eek:

http://www.onewisconsinnow.org/page/-/Blog/StosselTZH.jpg

Working Poor
01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
now that is a bod!!:p Let's nominate him for president...

purplechoe
01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
now that is a bod!!:p Let's nominate him for president...

it's photoshop... :p :)

andrewh817
01-14-2010, 07:58 PM
@1:57 How many people suffer from the effects of the hypertension is irrelevant. If people care about their health, they'll eat healthy food! It's pretty simple.... there is a sizable market for organic goods so the people who care can preserve their health. There happens to be a more sizable market for trans-fats, HFCS, and hydrogenated oils because the majority of people don't care about their health or just ignore the consequences. If more people start caring about the health of their diet, the organic market will become less of a minority, prices will go down, and that will attract even more people.

IT'S CALLED MARKET FORCES

I generally agree with Stossel, I just wish he wouldn't use arguments from pragmatism to justify freedom. If the majority of people did suffer from hypertension would it then be okay to control their diet? If you say it's wrong to use an institution to control other people's behavior then there is NO EXCEPTIONS. Which means logical consistency......