PDA

View Full Version : I hope Dr. Paul runs in 2012

StateofTrance
01-14-2010, 11:16 AM
so that we can fuck all the fake Republicans and Democrats all over again.

P.S. Fuck you Mr. 911, Huckster, McFuck.

dr. hfn
01-14-2010, 11:34 AM
I have come to the conclusion that we don't want more than one Liberty candidate in the presidential race. So whoever runs, i will support.

Elwar
01-14-2010, 11:42 AM
I have come to the conclusion that we don't want more than one Liberty candidate in the presidential race. So whoever runs, i will support.

Curious about how you've come to that conclusion.

Are you against the idea of having multiple liberty candidates up until the Iowa Straw poll?

low preference guy
01-14-2010, 11:54 AM

Are you against the idea of having multiple liberty candidates up until the Iowa Straw poll?

I'm also curious about that conclusion. The neocons ran 8 candidates and they won. It will be great if we can find 8 liberty candidates and have them all run. If we can't find 8, let's run as many as we can.

pacelli
01-14-2010, 12:07 PM

The policies espoused by Mr. 911, Huckster, and McFuck are all still in practice today.

You appear to enjoy the political soap opera.

dr. hfn
01-14-2010, 12:19 PM

multiple candidates = dispersed power

No I'm not against that idea. Then again, saturating the neocons with libertarian-republicans might work...

mello
01-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I've got a 1oz. Gold Coin that is going to Ron Paul the second he announces his candidacy. By then
that coin will end up increasing in value to the point where it will max out my donation amount.

fatjohn
01-14-2010, 04:42 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul may just run yet in 2012! Check this out! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dUEk4_7UUw)

rp08orbust
01-14-2010, 04:50 PM

If you really want to f**k them, then the ground work in Iowa needs to start now.

(That's easy for me to say, living in Australia.)

BuddyRey
01-14-2010, 05:00 PM
multiple candidates = dispersed power

No I'm not against that idea. Then again, saturating the neocons with libertarian-republicans might work...

I understand your reasoning here, but I think you may be neglecting one of the most powerful forces at play in any political campaign; majoritarian psychology.

By and large, the reason most people who liked Dr. Paul in '08 but didn't vote for him was because they thought he was a fluke, a weirdo, a lone nut from out of left field, etc. etc. You'd be amazed how many people don't actually vote for somebody because they like their ideas, but who vote for "winners" out of a secret desire to be in with the in-crowd. They look at these elections more as horse races than as contests for political and philosophical leadership.

In 2008, Ron Paul was the *one* liberty guy, which made it easier for people like us to root for and identify with him, but also made it easier for pundits and trendies to scoff at him. Having two men run on the same platform, while potentially dividing the support to some extent, will provide the subtle psychological signal to the sheeple that this time, it's a little bit cooler and not quite as "nerdy" to be for liberty. If there's one basic principle governing all social interaction between less individualistic human beings, it's that most people will do anything not to be an outcast.

satchelmcqueen
01-14-2010, 09:36 PM
i also hope he runs as well...

speciallyblend
01-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Ron Paul is running in 2012. whether he likes it or not. the gop has no other options. If Ron Paul doesn't run in 2012 as a Republican. then i will be looking elsewhere. I have no intention to vote gop republicans as the party is today unless it changes for the better soon and to be honest. i see no moves of the gop leadership changing platform or on issues. hold them all accountable...

Elwar
01-15-2010, 08:40 AM
I believe Ron Paul running or not is up to us.

A small handful of liberty activists getting things started will spark a wildfire.

It's our decision.

rancher89
01-15-2010, 08:54 AM
IMHO, he never really stopped running.

The free press when he stepped out of the race, plus when the MSM realized that he really knew what he was talking about, the success of the petition drive supporting HR 1207 and S604, the publicity of the Liberty Candidates who are doing so well.......even the Tea Party stuff---he's capitalized on ALL of this things and more.

It's IS up to us, all of us, to support him and any other great candidate (the Judge comes to mind.....:D) who we think will do their Constitutional best to turn our country around.

Remember, being an elected official is NOT a requirement for becoming President. It helps, but it isn't a requirement.

Anybody know a cool General?;):D:)

IPSecure
01-15-2010, 09:00 AM
http://www.RonPaul2012.com (http://www.RonPaul2012.com)

The time has come...

rancher89
01-15-2010, 09:10 AM
SWEET!

I just finished making my own "stickers" for the last of the '08 blue RP signs.

Nice "12" slapped on each and covered with clear box tape......

Should be pictures to post after the Atlanta Conference...:D

orafi
01-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm also curious about that conclusion. The neocons ran 8 candidates and they won. It will be great if we can find 8 liberty candidates and have them all run. If we can't find 8, let's run as many as we can.

That's going to splinter the liberty vote

dr. hfn
01-15-2010, 10:56 AM
we need to take over the GOP llike they did in Arkansas!

Elwar
01-15-2010, 11:08 AM
That's going to splinter the liberty vote

Agreed...but in 2008, how far into Ron Paul's campaign was it until you were able to finally vote for him?

How many Neo-Cons were running against him by that time?

Were the Neo-Cons votes split 8 ways by the time it got down to it?

tpreitzel
01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Has anyone seen Ron Paul's "Just a Bad Dream" speech? I'm not sure WHEN it was given, but it's fine indeed ... shades of Ron Paul from decades ago ... peering into the future while examining the status quo. I wonder IF he's really contemplating running for POTUS in 2012. Excellent speech.

YouTube - Ron Paul Powerful Speech - A Call for Revolution? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vLV4jn8BMU&feature=player_embedded)