PDA

View Full Version : Jill Bohnson Throws Tantrum Over GOA Endorsing Rand Paul

RonPaulFanInGA
01-14-2010, 10:23 AM
LOL at this:

ELKTON — Kentucky GOP Senate Candidate B*ll J*hns*n today issued the following statement about the Gun Owners of America’s endorsement of Rand Paul.

“My campaign contacted the Gun Owners of America (GOA) leadership today for an understanding of the recent endorsement of Rand Paul. Mr. John Velleco of GOA explained that the organization based their endorsement on campaign finance reports and their longstanding relationship with the elder Ron Paul.

“That does not make sense. Apparently, a grassroots campaign with minimal funding and no Washington network is unworthy of support from the Gun Owners of America. The endorsement of GOA was for sale and sold to the campaign with the most money.

“The Gun Owners of America leadership has turned its back on a gulf war veteran and active gun owner for the sake of money. Additionally, they have chosen to endorse a candidate in Rand Paul who has turned his back on the unborn and our individual right to equal protection of the 14th amendment. I proudly stand with the National Rifle Association and their view that the 14th amendment provides a foundation for the individual right to own guns.

“Score one for the Washington establishment. However, the Pauls’ will soon learn that Kentucky voters will not be as easily bought as was the endorsement of the GOA. It would also be refreshing if the recently endorsed Rand Paul would actually demonstrate some competency with a firearm.”

MikeStanart
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Translation:

"Rand Paul wants to steal your guns and murder babies with them"

Grow up, Mr. Johnson. The pungent odor of desperation does not suit anyone well.

MRoCkEd
01-14-2010, 10:32 AM
It is best to ignore Bill "1%, but my internal polls say 18%" Johnson.

Cowlesy
01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
He has to have worked out some deal with Grayson and some others who are terrified of Rand being a Senator to spend the money he's spending, and the bulk of his time complaining about Rand.

There must be some back-channel cash-dealing going on. I have no proof, just speculating.

Cowlesy
01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
It is best to ignore Bill "1%, but my internal polls say 18%" Johnson.

Agreed

Matt Collins
01-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Almost no KY voters will ever hear about this guy. He's not going to get any press and will be completely irellevent. If he gets 3% it'll be a miracle.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
He has to have worked out some deal with Grayson and some others who are terrified of Rand being a Senator to spend the money he's spending, and the bulk of his time complaining about Rand.

There must be some back-channel cash-dealing going on. I have no proof, just speculating.

Yep. He NEVER attacks Grayson. He is their proxy attack dog. He is basically nothing more than a political candidate on an opponent's payroll. This isn't such an uncommon tactic.

If he is willing to blow his supposed life savings on his doomed vanity campaign; you know he is getting something good back.

Cowlesy
01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
if he is willing to blow his supposed life savings on his doomed vanity campaign; you know he is getting something good back.

bingo.

Jeremy
01-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Ron Paul is one of two congressmen to get an A+ rating by the GOA.

TonySutton
01-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Wasn't there a comment from B-ll J-hns-n saying that he was attacking Rand because he was working his way to the top and had to go through Rand first to get to TG. Now that Rand is ahead of TG shouldn't BJ *snicker* be going after TG, since TG is in second place?

amisspelledword
01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
whats his basis for continually attacking Rand on abortion?

i mean, what does he think Rand is doing that is wrong?

slothman
01-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Is there some sort of weird forum rule where "Bill Johnson" is changed?

Or is he just not liked?

TheTyke
01-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Is there some sort of weird forum rule where "Jill Bohnson" is changed?

Or is he just not liked?

If the name appears, it will drive up search rankings and draw attention to him. His only role here is to take votes from Rand and attack him, so it's an important custom.

thomas-in-ky
01-14-2010, 12:03 PM
I met Johnson at a Lincoln Day Dinner last week. I'm one of those naive people who believe it's possible that he's actually trying to get elected, or simply make the best showing he can in order to run again in another race. Regardless of his motivations, he is clearly working against Rand Paul, and I'm fresh out of sympathy for Johnson.

His tantrum is proof that Rand Paul's GOA endorsement is important. It clearly got under his skin. He thought that being a veteran and an avid gun enthusiast entitled him to put this one on his mantel. I suspect the GOA listened to Rand Paul's speech at Knob Creek... to paraphrase... "You must support the 1st amendment and the 4th amendment if you want to preserve the 2nd amendment." Johnson would do well to listen to that speech. The Dem's want to ignore the 2nd, 9th, and 10th amendments, and some republicans overlook the 1st, 4th, and 5th amendments. It's time for a candidate that respects all of the constitution.

Matt Collins
01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I met Johnson at a Lincoln Day Dinner last week. I'm one of those naive people who believe it's possible that he's actually trying to get elected, or simply make the best showing he can in order to run again in another race. Regardless of his motivations, he is clearly working against Rand Paul, and I'm fresh out of sympathy for Johnson.Originally perhaps, but turning oneself into a joke is not a way to build credibility for a future race. I don't think JB understands that.

Cowlesy
01-14-2010, 12:17 PM
I met Johnson at a Lincoln Day Dinner last week. I'm one of those naive people who believe it's possible that he's actually trying to get elected, or simply make the best showing he can in order to run again in another race. Regardless of his motivations, he is clearly working against Rand Paul, and I'm fresh out of sympathy for Johnson.

His tantrum is proof that Rand Paul's GOA endorsement is important. It clearly got under his skin. He thought that being a veteran and an avid gun enthusiast entitled him to put this one on his mantel. I suspect the GOA listened to Rand Paul's speech at Knob Creek... to paraphrase... "You must support the 1st amendment and the 4th amendment if you want to preserve the 2nd amendment." Johnson would do well to listen to that speech. The Dem's want to ignore the 2nd, 9th, and 10th amendments, and some republicans overlook the 1st, 4th, and 5th amendments. It's time for a candidate that respects all of the constitution.

Chances of Jill even understanding that point is why the GOA would pick Rand over him. "Screw the 4th amendment! Cops should ALWAYS BE ABLE to enter your property! Terrorism! Yarr!"

aclove
01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
"Yarr"?

"Yarr, this be pirate Cap'n Bill! The GOA endorsement of that scurvy rat Rand Paul be a GRAVE miscarriage of justice! Yaaarrr!"

Pirates are awesome.

Ethek
01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Chances of Jill even understanding that point is why the GOA would pick Rand over him. "Screw the 4th amendment! Cops should ALWAYS BE ABLE to enter your property! Terrorism! Yarr!"

Ya'r indeed.

I recall a time at the Kentucky State Fair where a contingent from the Rand Paul booth went to visit the Kentyucky Republican Party Booth... Bill was riding shotgun at the RPKs table. He saw some material we had in hand. He liked it, (about the 2nd ammendment) and wanted to hand some out. He asked if he could. Bill got a big stack of marterial plastered with Rand Talking points all over the back. I really dont think he had any idea. We would see people come down the aisle with them for a good while.

No point really.. just that its fun to be a pirate at times.

Ron_Paul_Knows
01-14-2010, 12:52 PM
"It would also be refreshing if the recently endorsed Rand Paul would actually demonstrate some competency with a firearm.”

What would be refreshing about a politician staging a photo-op to show they know how to use a gun? Been done many times before by people who care far less about gun rights (John Kerry going goose hunting during the 2004 presidential election comes to mind).

RonPaulFanInGA
01-14-2010, 01:13 PM
I just wrote and thanked the GOA for their endorsement of Rand Paul. If anyone else here wants to, here is the link:

www.gunowners.org/

Malachi
01-14-2010, 01:55 PM
LOL, is billy even a member of GOA? Would he have even known who GOA was if they wouldn't have endorsed Rand Paul?

This guy is a joke!

No support!

Can't raise money!

Only attacks one of the front runners!

And last but not least, is a NEo-COn!

Elwar
01-14-2010, 02:31 PM
At least he understands that the GOA is a far better endorsement than the pro-gun control NRA.

erowe1
01-14-2010, 03:06 PM
At least he understands that the GOA is a far better endorsement than the pro-gun control NRA.

The way I read his statement, it looks like he likes the NRA better.

Cowlesy
01-14-2010, 03:09 PM
The way I read his statement, it looks like he likes the NRA better.

Same.

It's too bad this Bohnson guy is being such a dick and distorting Rand's ardently pro-life position, or else I'd probably support the guy for some office as he seems halfway decent.

torchbearer
01-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I don't think he will ever get a GAO endorsement after that letter.
GAO actually endorsed me in 2006- NRA endorsed my opponent.
I was ranked A+ by both organizations, my opponent was a D.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-14-2010, 03:13 PM
It's too bad this Bohnson guy is being such a dick and distorting Rand's ardently pro-life position, or else I'd probably support the guy for some office as he seems halfway decent.

Really? I mean, I'm sure he is a nice guy, but he seems really rabidly pro-war, pro-PATRIOT act and anti-states' rights to me. And he openly hangs around with that kook Alan Keyes.

And even though I'm personally pro-life, people that obsess over the issue that much in times like this scare me.

torchbearer
01-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Really? I mean, I'm sure he is a nice guy, but he seems really rabidly pro-war, pro-PATRIOT act and anti-states' rights to me. And he openly hangs around with that kook Alan Keyes.

And even though I'm personally pro-life, people that obsess over the issue that much in times like this scare me.

It is an emotional issue that career politicians use to destroy otherwise good candidates.

LibertyMage
01-14-2010, 03:56 PM
“That does not make sense. Apparently, a grassroots campaign with minimal funding and no Washington network is unworthy of support from the Gun Owners of America.

Shouldn't the Gun Owners of America be deciding who is worthy of their support?

angelatc
01-14-2010, 04:22 PM
What would be refreshing about a politician staging a photo-op to show they know how to use a gun? Been done many times before by people who care far less about gun rights (John Kerry going goose hunting during the 2004 presidential election comes to mind).

Faulty logic.

I am entirely incompetent with firearms. I haven't ever fired a rifle. I shot a shotgun once when I was 12. The one time I had a handgun in the house I had to call my friend and ask him how to uncock it without shooting something.

It has no relation to how I vote on gun rights.

angelatc
01-14-2010, 04:28 PM
"It would also be refreshing if the recently endorsed Rand Paul would actually demonstrate some competency with a firearm.”

Oh noes! Is Jill challenging Rand to a good old fashioned duel?

fj45lvr
01-14-2010, 04:49 PM
whats his basis for continually attacking Rand on abortion?

i mean, what does he think Rand is doing that is wrong?

Rand and his father support the constitutional view that the federal gov. does not have authority over abortion but that it is a State issue (murder is a state crime). When the GOP had a majority they could have passed something introduced by Paul that would have had the effect of making Abortion then illegal in a huge number of states (saving thousands of lives).....the GOP wants to make it a FEDERAL issue (all or NONE and consequently this has resulted in needless deaths).

amisspelledword
01-14-2010, 06:53 PM
thank you very much

thats what i thought

i also read randpaul2010.com and he says he supports passing a federal thing recognizing life begins at conception. this would give state judiciaries something rock solid for them to hang their hat on when decided cases, also. because that would be the #1 issue in an abortion type case.... ("was there a life?").

its good plan. its a good plan because its more likely to happen than the alternative.

ljwestmcsd
01-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Oh noes! Is Jill challenging Rand to a good old fashioned duel?

In that case, he just blew all chances at a state elected position, as it is illegal for anyone who has challenged someone to a duel or acted as a second to be elected in Kentucky, although I understand that there is a bill in the 2010 session that would eliminate the portion regarding duels from the oath of office. I wonder if it will be retroactive?

amisspelledword
01-14-2010, 11:26 PM
In that case, he just blew all chances at a state elected position, as it is illegal for anyone who has challenged someone to a duel

i was thinking this too haha

RandomUser
01-15-2010, 08:04 AM
i was thinking this too haha

You cannot be sworn is as a lawyer either! So no dueling you law school students......

amisspelledword
01-15-2010, 08:57 AM
You cannot be sworn is as a lawyer either! So no dueling you law school students......

i am in law school and they dont warn us about that... wonder why

Thargok
01-15-2010, 09:29 AM
When the GOP had a majority they could have passed something introduced by Paul that would have had the effect of making Abortion then illegal in a huge number of states (saving thousands of lives).....the GOP wants to make it a FEDERAL issue (all or NONE and consequently this has resulted in needless deaths).

Actually, they want to hold on to their seats, which is why the Republican Party will never pass anything regarding abortion. They only care about the issue if they believe it will get them the evangelical vote, while being extremely liberal, and in that situation it is of greater utility to keep abortion legal so people continue to support your campaign.

Ron/Rand get around this problem by realizing that while the issue is highly contested there are some places where it could pass and legislators who care more about their seat then anything else, could still pass it without significant backlash from the Pro-Choice population.

Bjll J0hnson on the other hand wants to keep the status quo active so the moderates of the Republican Establishment don't actually have to grow a backbone.