PDA

View Full Version : US wants “obedient servants of the state” – Ron Paul

bobbyw24
01-14-2010, 06:23 AM
“The greatest threat to a government is people who think for themselves,” believes US Congressman Ron Paul.

“If you condition people to everyday, all day, depend on the government to do their thinking for them – they will become more obedient.”

Continue:

http://rt.com/Politics/2010-01-14/ron-paul-mass-control.html

stu2002
01-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Nice read-thanks

brandon
01-14-2010, 08:21 AM
“It’s not that individuals are perfect, it’s just that governments are always imperfect, they always make mistakes and when they do – they are very painful and they hurt each and every one of us.” -Ron Paul

Hmm anarcho-capitalist, or constitutionalist? ;)

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-14-2010, 08:37 AM
“It’s not that individuals are perfect, it’s just that governments are always imperfect, they always make mistakes and when they do – they are very painful and they hurt each and every one of us.” -Ron Paul

Oh brother let's not go here again. When I see Ron at CPAC I'm going to ask him if he is an Anarcho-Capitalist or a Minarchist, so we can settle this once and for all. (And I'm going to ask him if he's ever read No Treason, and ask him what he thought of it :p)

By the way I'm contemplating whether or not to go incognito or to sport my anarchist apparel and my Sons of Liberty gear. What do you guys think?

tangent4ronpaul
01-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Oh brother let's not go here again. When I see Ron at CPAC I'm going to ask him if he is an Anarcho-Capitalist or a Minarchist, so we can settle this once and for all. (And I'm going to ask him if he's ever read No Treason, and ask him what he thought of it :p)

By the way I'm contemplating whether or not to go incognito or to sport my anarchist apparel and my Sons of Liberty gear. What do you guys think?

Bring a copy to give to him - though it has been years since I read it.... Should read it again.

-t

Mini-Me
01-14-2010, 08:47 AM

Even if he is a secret an-cap, I seriously doubt he'd ever admit it out loud, at least not until he retires. It would just be too risky on his part, in case you're wearing a wire or something like that.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Even if he is a secret an-cap, I seriously doubt he'd ever admit it out loud, at least not until he retires. It would just be too risky on his part, in case you're wearing a wire or something like that.

What about if I strip naked so we can end this debate once and for all? I'm not sure Ron would appreciate that, but, if it means I can gloat that Ron is an An-Cap to LE then it'll be worth it. Perhaps I'll say, voluntaryist, since it is much more innocuous.

Oh hai, LE if you are reading I'm being humurous. No need to send me angry PM's or ban me ;/

torchbearer
01-14-2010, 08:54 AM

I say the same thing and i'm no an-cap.

Slutter McGee
01-14-2010, 09:29 AM
What about if I strip naked so we can end this debate once and for all? I'm not sure Ron would appreciate that,

If you did that he would probably be looking all around him for Borat and trying his damndest not to call you a *****.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

stu2002
01-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Bump

SelfTaught
01-14-2010, 01:25 PM
What about if I strip naked so we can end this debate once and for all?

Awwww gay......

stu2002
01-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Ew

BuddyRey
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Ron Paul is the guy who first turned me onto Lysander Spooner! Knowing the strength and logic of many of Spooner's arguments for a Voluntary society, I'm sure he's at least entertained An-Cap/Voluntaryist thought before.

Of course, it's okay if he arrived at different conclusions from the ones I did, but it does make one think. :)