PDA

View Full Version : Pay Day Pledges

Razmear
10-04-2007, 10:24 PM
I expected the first week of October to be slower on donations because we all tapped ourselves out last week in the final push for the Q3 numbers, but the first payday of Q4 is tomorrow for many people, so who is going to pledge to give Lady Liberty a bump tomorrow?

Even if you can only chip in $5 a pay day, every bit and every small donation helps when it's multiplied by the 2 or 3 thousand folks who view this forum.

For the record, I've recently gone from being unemployed for several months after loosing a construction job to now making minimum wage at less than 30 hours a week. So I'm definitely one of the poorest folks on this forum, but I still emptied out my bank account to make the Q3 push, and I'll pledge to put in $25 once my meager paycheck hits my bank account tomorrow.

So who else is going to help out and pledge their cash for a payday push for Ron Paul tomorrow???

eb

ronpaulyourmom
10-04-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm in for $50 tomorrow night, and a bunch more later in the month.

isufferfromronpaulfever
10-04-2007, 10:33 PM
I am pledging 25$ per paycheck

JAHOGS
10-04-2007, 10:34 PM
I am also pledging $25 for every paycheck

austin356
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Going to the plasma center next week. All proceeds are for Paul.

Also I raised several thousand dollars, bought several thousand dollars worth of Paul goods last week during the "big push". I am now about to resell all those goods and donate that money to the campaign.

You'll see a Big bump from me. That means I will be tapped out, then my brother will have to take my place.

Razmear
10-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Going to the plasma center next week. All proceeds are for Paul.

Your selling your blood for Ron Paul? That's hard core, man!
I wonder if we can get some of these college aged supporters to hit the blood banks or even the sperm banks for Ron Paul cash :D

eb

TheIndependent
10-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Every paycheck, $100 or MORE will come out of my wife and I to support this campaign. You can BANK on it.

I'm hoping to actually go further than that and max the BOTH of us out in Q4. It's for our future; an investment.

(That means more than $4k, by the way.)

Razmear
10-05-2007, 12:37 AM
Bump before bed.

eb

qsecofr
10-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Me and the wife are donating $25 each a week. I stopped eating fast food for lunch so haven't really had to fiddle with the budget too much and I've lost 3 pounds to boot.

Ron Paul weightloss program! Put yourself AND the Government on a Diet.

p.s. if someone writes a book I want royalties.:eek:

ronpaulyourmom
10-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Me and the wife are donating $25 each a week. I stopped eating fast food for lunch so haven't really had to fiddle with the budget too much and I've lost 3 pounds to boot.

Ron Paul weightloss program! Put yourself AND the Government on a Diet.

p.s. if someone writes a book I want royalties.:eek:

lol yes!

Razmear
10-05-2007, 07:13 AM
Bump

unklejman
10-05-2007, 08:13 AM
$50 for me. Next Friday.

Sematary
10-05-2007, 08:16 AM
Your selling your blood for Ron Paul? That's hard core, man!
I wonder if we can get some of these college aged supporters to hit the blood banks or even the sperm banks for Ron Paul cash :D

eb

What he's doing is considerably more "hardcore" than giving blood. I used to do plasma donations every 4 - 6 weeks and they SUCK. You have two large bore needles (I'm thinking possibly six gauge (or larger) - one stuck in each arm and you sit there while a machine sucks the blood out one side, pulls out plasma, then puts the blood back in the other arm. It's a long, relatively painless procedure. What I'm wondering is - where do they BUY plasma? I might do the same thing.

Razmear
10-05-2007, 09:01 AM
Pledge Fulfilled:

Mr. Eric Burke,

Thank you very much for your donation of $25.23 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T49512-94691762

eb

Razmear
10-05-2007, 09:04 AM
What he's doing is considerably more "hardcore" than giving blood. I used to do plasma donations every 4 - 6 weeks and they SUCK. You have two large bore needles (I'm thinking possibly six gauge (or larger) - one stuck in each arm and you sit there while a machine sucks the blood out one side, pulls out plasma, then puts the blood back in the other arm. It's a long, relatively painless procedure. What I'm wondering is - where do they BUY plasma? I might do the same thing.

If your in Boston, there is a medical testing company that pays you a few hundred bucks to be a guinea pig. I did it once about 10 years ago when I needed cash bad. Not the most pleasant 3 days I ever had, but it's cash in a pinch.

eb

dsentell
10-05-2007, 09:16 AM
I expected the first week of October to be slower on donations because we all tapped ourselves out last week in the final push for the Q3 numbers

I am certainly tapped out after the last week in Sept. Not only did I donate, but also purchased many supplies from the Ron Paul Store - yard signs, bumper stickers, slim jims, etc. which I am going to be distributing.

It is going to take me a couple of weeks to get the old credit card paid off, then I will resume donating!

RTsquared
10-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Is donating plasma really THAT bad?

I've done apheresis several times (where they hook you up with two needles to a machine and take platelets), and I don't remember it being that bad.

ARealConservative
10-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Is donating plasma really THAT bad?

I've done apheresis several times (where they hook you up with two needles to a machine and take platelets), and I don't remember it being that bad.

no, not bad at all - but when they return the red blood cells to you - they are cold from being in the centrifuge.

austin356
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
You guys were talking about my plasma donation. Well I found about the idea on here, then googled the nearest one. It turns out there is a center 100 yards from my house! How could I have missed that over the last several months living here?

Well anyways I might not be rich, but I dont have HIV and my blood is good.

Razmear
10-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Bump to the front, time to honor those pledges and give what you can spare. Every penny helps!

eb