PDA

View Full Version : Not a Pretty Picture for Coakley

parocks
01-13-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/2010/01/not-a-pretty-picture-for-coakl.html

Not a Pretty Picture for Coakley

By Michael McAuliff

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dc/CoakleyFundraiser.jpg

Yikes. When your political staff knocks reporters down in front of you — and you are Massachusetts’ top law enforcer — and you say you don’t know what happened, it doesn’t paint a pretty picture.

It’s hard to say definitively what happened here, but it sure looks like a campaign in disarray that went to extreme lengths to keep the press from asking questions.

Here’s what Martha Coakley had to say about it: “I’m not sure what happened. I know something occurred, but I’m not privy to the facts. I’m sure it will come out, but I’m not aware of that.”

But how do you explain the below photo and video?

Dianne
01-13-2010, 10:54 PM
On CNN tongiht, they were honest enough to say she denied knowing what happened, but in the photo she was standing right there.

She is a pimp child for sure... liar to the enth degree. Welcome to Washington.. she should flourish there.

TCE
01-13-2010, 10:56 PM
Isn't this a boon for Brown?

parocks
01-13-2010, 11:05 PM
Isn't this a boon for Brown?

People who think that tackling reporters is a good thing will be more likely to vote for Coakley.

People who think that tackling reporters is a bad thing will be less likely to vote for Coakley.

I haven't seen any recent polls out of MA on whether or not people in MA think tackling reporters is good or bad.

parocks
01-13-2010, 11:53 PM
A little background on the pusher / shover / tackler / blocker - Michael P. Meehan

President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts, 11/18/09
Michael P. Meehan, Member, Broadcasting Board of Governors
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/president-obama-announces-more-key-administration-posts-111809

Slutter McGee
01-14-2010, 01:17 AM
The pushing the guy down thing I really couldn't care about. The man helped the guy back up. The lying about seeing it. Indicitive of her stupidity and disrespect for the concept of truth.

two options.

"I didnt see anything"
"But ma'am, there is a picture proving that you are a lying whore."

"Yes I saw it. It was unfortunate. So and so was entirely too aggressive, and while I do not believe it was his intention to knock the man down, he did help him back up, I do think that it was innapropriate. We will be looking at the situation and taking appropriate action.
"ummm ok, sounds reasonable"

Sometimes politicians are fucking morons.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

parocks
01-14-2010, 01:47 AM
I've looked at the long version of the video. It's kind of difficult to see what happened on the video when he ran up to him and shoved him to the ground.
Apparently you can see what happened better when you look at it backwards.

What you can see fairly easily is Meehan blocking the reporter for about 30 seconds. The reporter would try to walk down the sidewalk and Meehan would block him, getting into his face and blocking him. As video goes, it's pretty damning, moreso than the shoving to the ground part.

But the shoving to the ground thing wasn't an impulse shove. Meehan traveled quite a distance to catch up to the reporter, and then shoved/tackled him.

YouTube - Martha Coakley Thug Instigates Assault on John McCormack: Full Clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGyIVstNTa8)

The pushing the guy down thing I really couldn't care about. The man helped the guy back up. The lying about seeing it. Indicitive of her stupidity and disrespect for the concept of truth.

two options.

"I didnt see anything"
"But ma'am, there is a picture proving that you are a lying whore."

"Yes I saw it. It was unfortunate. So and so was entirely too aggressive, and while I do not believe it was his intention to knock the man down, he did help him back up, I do think that it was innapropriate. We will be looking at the situation and taking appropriate action.
"ummm ok, sounds reasonable"

Sometimes politicians are fucking morons.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee