PDA

View Full Version : Senator in WV

Ethek
01-13-2010, 02:34 PM
What liberty candidate do we have ready to run in West Virginia?
If no, lets get one into warmup.

Aratus
01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
just an idea... aggressively try for BOTH primaries, yet do keep a sharp focus on the local g.o.p!
if need be, also keep in one's mind's eye the LIBERTARIAN PARTY & CONSTITUTION PARTY people...

MelissaWV
01-13-2010, 02:40 PM
There had been some concerted efforts by the LPWV to get people on the ballot in short order. I'm not sure how that's going. I have various strong and irreversible disagreements with the LPWV leadership that cause me to place no faith in that approach, but they have lpwv . org if you are interested in giving it a look.

*Disclaimer: I am no longer in WV, despite the moniker*

Aratus
01-19-2010, 11:15 AM
could we try for a "blue dog" rEVOLUTIOn Democrat
in addition to a "grassroots" TEA*PARTY Republican???

HOLLYWOOD
01-19-2010, 11:18 AM
There had been some concerted efforts by the LPWV to get people on the ballot in short order. I'm not sure how that's going. I have various strong and irreversible disagreements with the LPWV leadership that cause me to place no faith in that approach, but they have lpwv . org if you are interested in giving it a look.

*Disclaimer: I am no longer in WV, despite the moniker*

where's the GOP/RNSC stand? They usually pick their puppet, but their may be a conservative ... IN THEM THERE HILLS.

Aratus
01-19-2010, 11:29 AM
i sorta want to send the invading horde of political people that are here
up into your hills so that the locals can slightly overly charge them for things.
if one can stand the obnoxious herd that can be worse than NY tourists,
they do bring money into places for the craziest reasons. then again, if poor
auld wise senator byrd is seeing all the bright young faces he knew in his
mature years either retire gracefully this year or sadly pass away, even though
he has been extremely patriotic as he has hid many a gov't project in the
quiet hills and did not have 15 bank accounts spring up with the swiss or in
the caymans with each cold war measure, this perhaps is the time when he must
do something sorta like what mitch mcconnell done just did in kentucky, namely
find a bright young face to replace a sitting US senator. i see kentucky as a
bellwhether, i see scott brown as a very lucky guy, he WINs even if he technically
looses up here, and he TOTALLY WINs if he gets to sit in the U.S Senate! i think
the 90something senior senator has a mind that is more than capable of nose
counting even better than mitch mcconnell often does! i think the two seats that
are Democrat in WV are not as safe due to what our voters are about to do up here,
and our polls are still open! this has been an unexpect shift, even if we are the state
that had mitt romney as our governor. senator robert byrd also knew george romney!
we may have Republican in the senate in d.c once again, i had voted for edward brooke III
scott brown reminds me a great deal of the way mitt romney would do and say things...

Aratus
01-20-2010, 01:08 PM
i know where there is an OLD truck if someone wants to run
the way SCOTT BROWN just did, but on 1/1000th or 1/10,oooth
the campaign budget! i cannot say if its possible to get the truck to
get into first, second or third gear, let alone scott brown's own overdrive...

Aratus
01-20-2010, 01:09 PM
we all could run truck ads sorta the way our local FOX tv station just did last nite!!!
i can remember when "tricky dick" nixon was called an unshaven used car salesman!

Aratus
03-18-2010, 11:05 AM
WV also might have surprises...

the news out of NY and KY today!!!

Big Apple 527s & PACs are on the move.

Flash
03-18-2010, 01:21 PM
could we try for a "blue dog" rEVOLUTIOn Democrat
in addition to a "grassroots" TEA*PARTY Republican???

That would be counterproductive in a climate like this.

TCE
03-18-2010, 03:53 PM
West Virginia hasn't had a Republican Senator since 1959. If you want to win, run as a Democrat. If we get a nicely funded Democrat, we could win. Don't even bother running a Republican.

Aratus
03-19-2010, 11:10 AM
by hedging one's bets, we may focus on 2 parties, two seperate candidates,
two rEVOLUTIOn people... each time a senate seat comes up for a challenge!
eventually the yellow dog Democrat election requirement might be softened
so at a solid g.o.p candidate may actually come close to a victory in the fall!!!

Aratus
06-27-2010, 02:36 PM
not that i am trying to anticipate things greatly, however... yet if there is a situation
where senator robert byrd has to step down, it behooves us all to ask if there might be
a special election if the governor of W.Va does not have the authority to name an interum
replacement. i think we should have a rEVOLUTIOn "short-list" of g.o.p people we might now
tolerate if we are trying to find someone who is not of the Democratic Party as his replacement...

angelatc
06-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Robert Byrd is in the hospital, gravely ill. He's freaking 92. He was admitted last week for what was supposed to be a short stay, but this afternoon they sent out a press release that he's not doing very good at all.

Is his seat up this time? If not, the Democratic governor appoints a replacement.

HOLLYWOOD
06-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Robert Byrd is in the hospital, gravely ill. He's freaking 92. He was admitted last week for what was supposed to be a short stay, but this afternoon they sent out a press release that he's not doing very good at all.

Is his seat up this time? If not, the Democratic governor appoints a replacement.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/39067.html
Byrd 'seriously ill'

Yeah, I was going to start a thread on "Where's US Senator Robert Byrd?", because he hasn't voted on anything recently, always listed as a 'NO VOTE'.

Absolutely ridiculous residents and constituents from West Virginia allow such vegetable to hold office to start wars and send Americans to their death, but write other laws, like Air Traffic Controllers can't stay in their jobs once they reach age 56 (Mandatory Separation/Retirement.

Byrd Staff, “was admitted to the hospital late last week, suffering from what was believed to be heat exhaustion and severe dehydration as a result of the extreme temperatures. He was expected to remain in the hospital not more than a few days.”
“However, upon further examination by his doctors,” the statement went on, “other conditions have developed which has resulted in his condition being described as ‘serious.’”
You've got to be kidding me... Byrd has been a vegetable for the past 18 months... he even passed out at Obama's inaugural luncheon just like his racist partner Teddy Kennedy.

angelatc
06-27-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, I was going to start a thread on "Where's US Senator Robert Byrd?", because he hasn't voted on anything recently, always listed as a 'NO VOTE'.

Absolutely ridiculous residents and constituents from West Virginia allow such vegetable to hold office to start wars and send Americans to their death, but write other laws, like Air Traffic Controllers can't stay in their jobs once they reach age 56 (Mandatory Separation/Retirement.

The good news is that this might throw a monkey wrench into Obama's bank reform bill. I don't even know what's in the bill, but I don't want them to vote for it.

Which I figure is better than having them not know what is in the bill but voting for it.

Aratus
06-28-2010, 11:43 AM
as it stands now, judging from the post-mcChrystal aspected thread about the long-lived senator
and given that ms. kagan was about to find out if minority leader mitch mcconnell would fillibuster
or not, did byrd pass away semi~content becuz potus barack obama ain't so angry at the iranians
as he focuses on BP's management??? judging from what has been said in the other thread, since
the auld senator's passing is before july 3rd, his seat may be on the november's ballot... given that
there is enuff tyme for a Democratic and G.O.P primary, and yes... there will be an interum senator
that will be sorta like our own PAUL KIRK. in my earlier postings, i was trying not to be a ghoul and
in my more ancient earlier postings, yes i have been speculating about the "short list" of people who
may now want to enter the G.O.P primary in W.Virginia for the senate seat. IMOHO we may see a fast
and quick time interval between the primary and the november election. yes...i...had an intuition that
the DNC and the RNC will now do to WEST VIRGINIA what they just did to my home state this january.