PDA

View Full Version : The greatest servants are converted tyrants

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Human nature is such that in a world populated with billions of Hitlers, one will certainly rise to the top. In other words, we are all born with an equal nature to be a tyrant.
As a fellow human being, I am no different. Having been defeated at one time by the Son of Man, though, I have been converted from a tyrant into that of a serving shepherd.
Indeed, the Son of Man defeated the sting of my arrows, my bullets, and my swords with His blood.
When contrasting the references of the Son of God with that of the Son of Man, "God" designates someone intimate in comparison to "man" classifying someone strange; or, someone who is a worthless member of the multitudes. As a son is even more helpless than his parents, a "son of man" is someone even more worthless than the multitudes.
Yet, the formalized Son of Man is the Almighty (This paradox would have greatly impressed Plato!).
My intentions here isn't to preach but to demonstrate that our American ancestors were Christian.

erowe1
01-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Good word.

Or, as Jesus said, "You know that the rulers of the nations subdue them, and the great ones tyrannize them. It will not be that way with you, but whoever desires to be great among you will be your servant; and whoever desires to be first among you will be your bondman; as indeed the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many." Matthew 25:20-28

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-13-2010, 02:04 PM
Good word.

Or, as Jesus said, "You know that the rulers of the nations subdue them, and the great ones tyrannize them. It will not be that way with you, but whoever desires to be great among you will be your servant; and whoever desires to be first among you will be your bondman; as indeed the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many." Matthew 25:20-28

I firmly believe that the Almighty, He being supremely efficient, took the worst tyrant ever, Saul, and transformed him into the Apostle Paul.
This is a paradox because Jesus said that the only unforgiveable offense wasn't to offend Him as the *Son of Man, but to offend the Holy Spirit gathered around Him. Yet, this is exactly what Saul was doing. So, what is the Almighty to do? Well, He transformed Saul, the fallen Jewish brother in the flesh, into the Apostle Paul, the recovered Christian brother in the Holy Spirit.
*One can see the Gentile nations, the faceless multitudes, gathered around the necessary tyranny of Christ. As Jesus wasn't allowed by Jewish law to touch these people, He blessed them with His gospel instead.