PDA

View Full Version : 4409 - First RON PAUL 2012 Billboard - The Revolution Continues!

IPSecure
01-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Submitted by sunny (http://www.dailypaul.com/user/425) on Wed, 01/13/2010

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/121411

YouTube - 4409 -- First RON PAUL 2012 billboard...The Revolution Continues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnUJGekaHEI&fmt=18)

rp08orbust
01-13-2010, 09:51 AM
F**k yeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

AdamT
01-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Go AZ! Wooooo!

dr. hfn
01-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Imagine if every Meetup did this?!

Elwar
01-13-2010, 11:26 AM
quite cool

"Vote for America NOT Party" Is that a call for a Ross Perot type of run?

robertwerden
01-13-2010, 11:47 AM
2012 will be epic

Romulus
01-13-2010, 11:53 AM
Awesome!

rp08orbust
01-13-2010, 11:54 AM
If by January 2011 people have been campaigning for him for a year already, how can Ron not run?

Todd
01-13-2010, 12:18 PM
2012 will be epic

Woot!!

Romulus
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
If by January 2011 people have been campaigning for him for a year already, how can Ron not run?

Lets get this party started. :)

Damn, that sign is friggin HUGE!

dr. hfn
01-13-2010, 01:36 PM
I think we should be putting up End the Fed and other liberty quote signs instead tho...

Romulus
01-13-2010, 01:43 PM
I think we should be putting up End the Fed and other liberty quote signs instead tho...

You can do that. We'll put up Ron Paul 2012 signs. :D

John Q. Revere
01-13-2010, 01:43 PM
You all are truly INSPIRING! The music, the video, really moves the crowd.

BUT, didn't we learn anything from 2008? Signs don't mean shit. The only thing that counts is VOTES, and getting those votes takes all of us to drop our paint brushes, put on a smile, and start knocking on doors and signing people up NOW.

The time is now for all of us to get out of our "comfort zone" of simply being creative, although I admire that about all of us enormously.

Go out now and take a class in public speaking. Read a book about marketing, campaigning, etc. Prepare for how we can teach the rest of the country that Ron Paul is the answer in 2012 for America's future.

No more signs, no more blimps. Go get you some new walkin boots and a clipboard and go meet your fellow Americans!

Romulus
01-13-2010, 02:01 PM
^ that's a good plan too, but don't knock a 100 ft billboard that is seen on the HWY by thousands of people everyday!

Brett
01-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Fantastic sign. I wish my house wasn't on such an obscure sidestreet that any sign would be seen by my 2 neighbors.

JamesButabi
01-13-2010, 02:42 PM
I learned from the 2008 campaign that a bunch of crazy, sign slinging, snow tredding, blimp makin people can take a guy who nobody has heard of and make it into a household name.

I like your comment John, but I think we need a healthy combination of both. Nows a great time to get er goin again!

justinc.1089
01-14-2010, 02:26 AM
FFFFRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Ron Paul better run in 2012, or I'm going to cry lol. I know if he doesn't someone like maybe Johnson probably would, but Johnson just isn't my type of person, but I would still passionately support him unless there's something about him I don't know.

I've been thinking about making some signs and putting them out too lol.

Flirple
01-14-2010, 03:30 AM
I learned from the 2008 campaign that a bunch of crazy, sign slinging, snow tredding, blimp makin people can take a guy who nobody has heard of and make it into a household name.

I like your comment John, but I think we need a healthy combination of both. Nows a great time to get er goin again!

Exactly. I'm tired of people poo-pooing the blimps, signs, etc. Why do you think Ron has so much clout right now?

It's easy to righteously proclaim that we need to stop wasting our time on fun things because they don't do much to win elections (a true statement). But to do so ignores the reality.

It's easy (and totally true) to point out that 100 people spending 100 hours knocking on doors will do way more toward winning an election than 100 people spending 100 hours making and hanging signs. But the reality is that you will never get 100 people to work as long and as hard on knocking on doors. But those same people might at least tirelessly chalk sidewalks, hang billboards, raise $ for a blimp, etc.

The perfect is the enemy of the good.

And I'd posit the opposite question? Didn't we learn anything from 2008? Our viral rEVOLution branding, sign making/hanging, blimps, money bombs and the passion they reflect are specifically why Ron is way more influential now than he was in 2008. Had we all done nothing but spent all our time and enthusiasm on prudent traditional campaigning techniques in 2007 we would 1) never had anywhere near the total man hours as we did last time. 2) Would currently have about the level of influence that Tom Tancredo and his supporters now do.

Besides, it's early 2010. Do you want people to start going door to door right now to "get the vote out" for the 2012 election for a candidate that is not even running? We have to first get the candidate to run don't we?

Indeed the video is great and motivating. And the big yellow and black billboard is beautiful and perfect in every way (size, readability, message, location, etc.) But can i nit-pick a bit? Why did you guys have to work in a "truther" plug at the end of the video? Ugh...here we go again...

Awesome work otherwise guys.

speciallyblend
01-15-2010, 08:34 AM
You all are truly INSPIRING! The music, the video, really moves the crowd.

BUT, didn't we learn anything from 2008? Signs don't mean shit. The only thing that counts is VOTES, and getting those votes takes all of us to drop our paint brushes, put on a smile, and start knocking on doors and signing people up NOW.

The time is now for all of us to get out of our "comfort zone" of simply being creative, although I admire that about all of us enormously.

Go out now and take a class in public speaking. Read a book about marketing, campaigning, etc. Prepare for how we can teach the rest of the country that Ron Paul is the answer in 2012 for America's future.

No more signs, no more blimps. Go get you some new walkin boots and a clipboard and go meet your fellow Americans!

signs mean everything. ron paul was not the problem. the gop leadership was. the gop ran republicans away from the party. registered republicans wanted nothing to do with the gop after 8 failed yrs of bush.. i called my precincts i knew before primaries and conventions the gop would lose by responses from republicans when i called .. the writing was on the wall, the gop decided to be deaf dumb and blind and they lost. they will continue to alienate voters and lose. the gop strategy in my counties summit/lake and eagle are gonna run against a majority of voters 72% to be exact. sounds like a winning plan, oops i meant a losing plan;)

IPSecure
01-15-2010, 08:39 AM
During the primaries, the county chairman told me that: "It seemed to come from above, McCain is not my first, second or third choice, but he is who we are supporting. It is out of my hands."

He resigned after the election...

Romulus
01-15-2010, 10:42 AM
2008 was a victory... no one thought it would explode like that.. I'm tired of these defeatest attitudes and poo pooing on the signs.

If we did that in 08 from NOTHING.. just imagine what can be done from NOW until 2012! The groundwork is down, RON PAUL'S name is known and that is 80% of the battle right there!

If anyone disagree's fine, then DONT BE A PART OF IT. - use your time your own way, but stop the poo pooing already.

dr. hfn
01-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Lets start an effort to get multiple Meetups doing this and ship the signs nationwide