PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher on ending big bank abuse

Dianne
01-13-2010, 07:57 AM
YouTube - Bill Maher On Ending Abusive Relationships - With Your Bank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaFJoGMVcGU)

catdd
01-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Good video.

james1906
01-13-2010, 08:10 AM
http://bankwithtexans.org/

There was a similar campaign here in Texas. I was a WaMu customer, and Chase had totally destroyed that company. I looked for a good local bank/CU and didn't find one. They all have ridiculous fees (some still charge for a debit card), policies (most saw no problem with holding my paycheck for two weeks, despite me having excellent credit), or hours (banker's hours still exist out there). I threw in the towel and went to Citibank.

This whole take the country/Texas back thing sounds good, but until the local banks figure out how to win over the big bank customers, then I'm begrudgingly keeping my money where it is.

Brian4Liberty
01-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Good one. Credit Unions are the way to go.

OrganDonor
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Nice short video worth watching. Click play people.

1000-points-of-fright
01-13-2010, 12:48 PM
For a minute there I thought he was talking about the Federal Government. Why is it he's fine with local control in banking but not in government?

Dianne
01-13-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm ahead of him. I opened my account with a very small community bank months ago. Of course, I would have preferred not to use a bank at all... but find that impossible.

Why people continue to support the Bank of America's of the world, and allow themselves to be treated like at number, at that; I will never know.

John Q. Revere
01-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Bill Maher is , and always will be, a douchebag.

It's easy when you don't have to worry about where your next dollar is coming from, or have any attachments such as, oh maybe, CHILDREN!

Maher has always been, and always candid about being, for himself, by himself.

So yeah, let's all do what his millionaire ass says and screw ourselves even more than we already have.

There is one answer here people and one alone: WIN ELECTIONS!

Organize and win. Our "local banks" should be Political Action Committee's, like ours, Restore LA, that you entrust with your money to actually get a REAL AND HONEST PERSON elected office.

Please check out www.restorela.us for an example of what "local banking" is really all about.

If Maher was so righteous, tell him to quit his main stream HBO sell out "infotainment" show and eat cake like the rest of us first. Then, come back and tell us what "WE" should do with our money.

He's not "WE"! Maher's not even "HE"

robertwerden
01-13-2010, 02:49 PM
I don't know if the Huffington plan will do anything more than force the big banks to go out of business. If they do go under they take our tax dollars with them.

On the other hand im all for supporting the local banks, so I suggest splitting your money between the 2.

This is the same principle Ron Paul suggest to allow competing gold backed currency. It you devalue the federal reserve dollar (or the big banks) to fast you will create a crash. Better to slowly switch to ensure the correction happens carefully.

Dianne
01-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Don't see the big banks going out of business. In my imagination, I just see the government taking more of your money to see the banks don't fail.

For example... I just closed my account at a big bank and their practice at midnight download was to take all the checks you wrote first, hit you with $300. in return check charges; then credit you for the $1,000. deposit you made the same morning; after the fact. Years ago, there was protection that deposits were credited first. That's what happens when the fox is sent to guard the hen house... total rape of the consumer.