PDA

View Full Version : Republicans...

DjLoTi
01-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Not Libertarians... !!!!!! A Republican is going to beat Barack Obama!!!

Ron Paul is a Republican!!!! We're Republicans!!! It's not a libertarian movement! It's all Ron Paul.

Ron Paul not libertarians!

WHO is going to be president? Maybe 1 in about 4 guys. We have FOUR people in the race for president in 2012, and 1 of them is a democrat, and the three is Mitt Romney, Ron Paul, and some other random competitor to Mitt.

Republicans!!! We need to embrace the Republican party!! I mean we don't really have to just say you do! God who cares! They want your vote, not your children! They want our money but they don't have to get it! lol ;)

I'm just saying... we need to stop the 'libertarian' talk and just talk 'ideas'.. lets just talk about 'things'... it is not about 'parties' it is about 'ideas'.

And my idea is we could probably get support from the 'tea party' movement, which would be a great way to keep conservatives in check! Think about all the conservatives, especially on FOX, who promote the tea party as kind of a cool thing.. really it's amazing

With the support of the teaparty, disenfranchised democrats, and hard-core Ron Paul supporters we can beat Mitt literally to the churches. I mean this guy is a business man with lots of money, as well as religious connections, and that's how he won in Iowa and Nevada, 2 major states for Ron.

So.... can we do it?? Can we do it Ron Paul republicans??? Or is it about the libertarians? What's a libertarian? I bet a poll would show most people don't really know what that is. Lets leave that to the political elite! It belongs in Washington where people care about politics!

Because, Only a Republican (or a democrat) will become president in 2012... So we need them and they need us....

So suck it up and call yourself a republican, for Ron's sake! It's about the primaries, God will do the rest! Godspeed Ron Paul!

trey4sports
01-13-2010, 02:15 AM
i was unaware that we were all libertarians? Me, I'm a libertarian but i say im a paleo-conservative when im pandering to my GOP friends

DjLoTi
01-13-2010, 02:18 AM
All I'm saying is that I'll call myself anything if that's all I have to do to vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

Remember it's only for registered republicans! So if I have to be a registered republican to vote for Ron Paul, am I a registered republican? Hell yeah!!

DjLoTi
01-13-2010, 02:19 AM
Republican Republican!!!! Republican party!!!!

Che
01-13-2010, 02:21 AM
wat's up with these political labels..? just be liberty-minded.

jbrace
01-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Republican Republican!!!! Republican party!!!!

Divide and conquer is what they want. We get to mixed up in Republican Democrat..etc. It shouldn't matter about party, it should matter about ideas that lead towards prosperity and freedom. The Republican party in the past has showed not to encompass those ideas-- So I will continue to show disdain towards them.

DjLoTi
01-13-2010, 02:31 AM
wat's up with these political labels..? just be liberty-minded.

Yes! I agree. I mean I'm a passive republican at best! That's only because I choose not to be a democrat! Ron Paul is my *only* reason to support a 'republican'.

If it wasn't for Ron Paul I wouldn't be a 'republican' just a person. All I care about is Ron Paul getting elected because he's the best choice out of 4. It has nothing to do with libertarianism or republicanism, it's just 1 vs. 3.

Which really comes down to 1 vs 1, and if the ONLY way I can get Obama out and Ron Paul in is by electing a republican, I'll do it. In order to do that, I have to vote in the primaries and be registered as a republican.

So it's important for people to remember that they should register republican and get ready for primaries in 2012.. and just call yourself republican until Ron Paul gets elected.. I mean, we can be whatever we want. But for people to understand, we should tell them we're Republicans.

Because Ron Paul is a Republican and that's what they stand for! So lets all be republicans and support Ron Paul!

ronpaulhawaii
01-13-2010, 04:32 AM
Even better for people to start attending Republican meetings in their county. Many are just shells, some are even waiting for us and wondering where the hell that r3VOLution is? Many are just regular folk, doing things as they've always been done and conservative about change... But, they are riled now, the giants sleep is troubled and now is the time for winter soldiers to press on.

I've seen counties all over with RP people sprinkled throughout. Turf battles erupt between Ye Olde Guard, and us new folk, but our ideas are sounder and our enthusiasm more sincere and in the free market of ideas, we will win. By either attrition or conversion, we will win. We just need to be there. We need to become the party in order to free up ballot access. We need to become the party to advance our ideas, we need to become the party.

Make no mistake, the hijackers are hard at work, devising new ways to put all the new "tea party" people to good use as they are lulled back to sleep. Don't doubt that for one minute. We need to be there, moving the ball down the field towards our solutions.

I just got back from driving over 400 miles for a 9/12 meeting in our GOP opponents hometown. Packed room, 200 people or so. They had all the dirt that HWP et al threw at Adam months ago. Adam answered forthrightly, and won the day. A good honest discussion on foreign policy, with a couple hundred people who'd "never quite heard it said like that before" Mingling afterwards there were great conversations ...

I talked to one lady with a husband who liked the other guy, one son who liked Kokesh, and another son about to be deployed. Her first concern was about public sentiment turning against her son while he is over there... After explaining that her son could not possibly get a better congressional advocate for "the troops" than Adam and how closely related morale and "official" treatment is, she began to understand our position. Then she asked about the panty-bomber and "profiling" for terrorists. I stated how that is a slippery slope and an overreaction to gov't screw-ups. By the time I got to the point where the "best solution is to allow the airlines to determine the security level and let people decide for themselves how much liberty to trade for security" she was fully on board...

Lots of stories like that from tonight. The point is that Dj is right, we should be out talking to all these newly awakened people. They are not "evil" neo-cons. There are just misled neighbors. By listening and finding the right angle, we can make inroads. There is no need to engage them as urgently as in "08, but we need to be there,

or we're just whistling Dixie...

nite all ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ

BuddyRey
01-13-2010, 04:36 AM
Embracing a libertarian philosophy is an entirely different matter from being a part of a Libertarian Party.

I am a libertarian Republican.

DjLoTi
01-13-2010, 05:03 AM
Embracing a libertarian philosophy is an entirely different matter from being a part of a Libertarian Party.

True that! I'd also say I might be a 'libertarian republican'. But I'm more of just a unique person, and I've seen a lot of people using the libertarian label. Sometimes its hard to tell if people talk about the philosophy or party. They just say libertarian.

We need to become Republicans because that's what Ron Paul is! We're going to have to reach out and get people to get involved in their republican party! We need to become republicans! Even if maybe I'm not a republican, that's what I have to do to vote for Ron Paul, so I'll do it, and take everybody with me (hopefully)

Awesome story Mike. I've seen quite a few local community success stories. What you do is invaluable to our movement, and I hope it picks up in popularity ;) and soon hundreds of people are doing walks 4 Ron :) myself included :)

We've got to gear up and get ready for 2012, no reason to wait until the last minute. Lets get into the mindset of registering and reaching out to republicans, and bringing everybody we know with us. Worst case scenario, we can find at least ONE thing to agree on with current 'republicans' that Ron Paul also believes! =D

DjLoTi
01-13-2010, 05:04 AM
I've seen so many people lately say the tea party was a Ron Paul/libertarian movement. As if people don't realize Ron Paul ran as a republican. What do u think BuddyRey?

revolutionary8
01-13-2010, 05:17 AM
I've seen so many people lately say the tea party was a Ron Paul/libertarian movement. As if people don't realize Ron Paul ran as a republican. What do u think BuddyRey?
I know that you aren't asking me per say,
but I will say that,
I AM A REPBUBLICAN.
Have been since I was of voting age. Can't say I have always voted Republican, but always have been in spirit.
My main beefs with the Ls
-amnesty
-pro-choicers pretending to be pro-lifers (DPer people vs. pro-choice/abortion advocates)
-"free trade"- ie NAFTA/CAFTA/GATT.
I have real issues w/ LPers, b/c I don't know where they stand and they PRETEND/POSE to be liberty minded.
At least w/ the Republicans/Democrats, I know who I am dealing with- pure evil most of the time...

DjLoTi
01-13-2010, 05:48 AM
Can't say I have always voted Republican, but always have been in spirit.
Right here, me too.
"free trade"- ie NAFTA/CAFTA/GATTNAFTA isn't free trade, it is specifically slanted in certain instances to disproportionately distort the way US, Canada, and Mexico do business. Primarily hurting Mexico, and pullin a fast one on Canada
At least w/ the Republicans/Democrats, I know who I am dealing with

I think that's the problem with libertarianism. It's often misrepresented and certainly not perfect. To me it just seems like government bureaucracy... when I see libertarian to me I just think paperwork and bureaucracy... lol.. and people with radical opinions.

Anyway, with only 2 or 3 choices to be president, Ron Paul has at least a 20% chance of appeal. He'll be immediately rich from the start of his campaign and will have more popularity then anybody. So Republicans should be looking a bit more serious this time =P

Still, using big words like libertarianism and bureaucracy isn't going to put the food on the table... Lets get Ron Paul in there to fix some things and we can get the hell out (of this mess)...

So we have to register republicans and convince people to become Republicans so we vote for Ron Paul in the 2012 primary. Ron Paul 2012

BillyDkid
01-13-2010, 06:04 AM
All I'm saying is that I'll call myself anything if that's all I have to do to vote for Ron Paul in the primary.

Remember it's only for registered republicans! So if I have to be a registered republican to vote for Ron Paul, am I a registered republican? Hell yeah!!I'm a registered Republican too, but I'm also a libertarian as is Dr. Paul.

DjLoTi
01-13-2010, 06:17 AM
I'm a registered Republican too, but I'm also a libertarian as is Dr. Paul.

Awesome! Lets register more republicans! I seriously almost just want to start a Ron Paul republican movement!

But... honestly Ron Paul isn't perfect. I mean, I don't think the government should just totally abandon certain rules to keep airports safe and give the 'free market' total discretion. I think the government should have at least some very basic rules, and allow the delegation of security be dealt with by the airlines. It's just little things, but Ron Paul can't be perfect for everybody ;) even me :p

Still, we gotta keep registering republicans and get people involved in the issues. Worst case scenario, find out information about people and find out what they believe. It would be useful to keep as sort of a local political survey =)

speciallyblend
01-13-2010, 06:17 AM
I'm a registered Republican too, but I'm also a libertarian as is Dr. Paul.

the gop is like a crying kid not getting their milk,not understanding if they stop crying and listen to what we have been saying for yrs and in my case a lifetime. they will get their milk,until then no milk for the coloradogop...

speciallyblend
01-13-2010, 06:22 AM
Awesome! Lets register more republicans! I seriously almost just want to start a Ron Paul republican movement!

But... honestly Ron Paul isn't perfect. I mean, I don't think the government should just totally abandon certain rules to keep airports safe and give the 'free market' total discretion. I think the government should have at least some very basic rules, and allow the delegation of security be dealt with by the airlines. It's just little things, but Ron Paul can't be perfect for everybody ;) even me :p

Still, we gotta keep registering republicans and get people involved in the issues. Worst case scenario, find out information about people and find out what they believe. It would be useful to keep as sort of a local political survey =)

i agree;) on a side note ,when are we gonna trade vacation spots hehe. never been to hawaii;) ,when you want to come out skiing;) ill give you the colorado tour,especially the medical marijuana tour;) some of the best bud is grown in the mtns,legally;) cookie? jolly rancher;) reefies cup?? or some lasagna?? or green eggs and ham:) of course i am sure hawaii has their bud covered;)

DjLoTi
01-13-2010, 06:23 AM
the gop is like a crying kid not getting their milk,not understanding if they stop crying and listen to what we have been saying for yrs and in my case a lifetime. they will get their milk,until then no milk for the coloradogop...

lol, man if I was the Colorado GOP I'd be freaking afraid of you. lol

But yeah, it's not like they can just completely ignore the voters and just assume their labels constitute money or support. I wonder if maybe now would be a good time to offer a hand, when the GOP is really hurting? Or maybe after they don't win congress back? lol. 2010 will be interesting

speciallyblend
01-13-2010, 07:10 AM
lol, man if I was the Colorado GOP I'd be freaking afraid of you. lol

But yeah, it's not like they can just completely ignore the voters and just assume their labels constitute money or support. I wonder if maybe now would be a good time to offer a hand, when the GOP is really hurting? Or maybe after they don't win congress back? lol. 2010 will be interesting

yep. i have told them and showed them how to win,but they seem to think i don't know what i am talking about. yeah 2010 is gonna be interesting. the tea parties here have not been a gop love fest, just the opposite. they hammer obama and the cogop.

wondering if the cogop is trying to court illegals to join;) I sure do not see the ron paul republican base endorsing what the gop is offering and trying to continue to offer....

it is like they think turning their back on 70% of voters is gonna make them win... i truly shake my head.

last town meeting, the republican betty benson(town council,lost her county seat by 83%,was sent back to the town council) scoofed at my suggestion the gop was out of touch with voters???? and i did remind her anyone voting against medical or personal marijuana will be removed from their elected position by the voters,she seemed to think i was bluffing, after the colorado convention and my activism there, she is sorely mistaken.

now my wife Laura will be running against her and with the backing of the conservative dems and republicans. she will run as a democrat and i expect 70-90% voting for Laura. i guess the gop will figure it out once they have no republicans on town or county boards. what does it take? i thought 1+1=2 but in gop world 1+1=-1

JeNNiF00F00
01-13-2010, 07:12 AM
i agree;) on a side note ,when are we gonna trade vacation spots hehe. never been to hawaii;) ,when you want to come out skiing;) ill give you the colorado tour,especially the medical marijuana tour;) some of the best bud is grown in the mtns,legally;) cookie? jolly rancher;) reefies cup?? or some lasagna?? or green eggs and ham:) of course i am sure hawaii has their bud covered;)

Sounds wonderfully intriguing to say the least!

BillyDkid
01-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Let's be clear about this - the GOP as it stands now is no more a friend to liberty than are the Dems. I became a Republican ONLY so that I could vote for Ron Paul in the primary. I view this movement as a completely non-partisan movement to which all lovers of liberty gravitate whatever their political affiliation. Yes, Dr. Paul is a Republican as am I, but the GOP is still the party of Dubya and his ilk. We forget that to our detriment.