PDA

View Full Version : Not wearing a seat belt while saudi = TERRORIST!

tangent4ronpaul
01-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Seems like 4 Saudis on an international flight didn't want to put on seat belts when the aircraft hit a bit a turbulence.... The flight crew freaked out and made an emergency landing... The 4 are currently being questioned - talking heads are spinning it as a terrorist incident... :rolleyes:

Go figure...

-t

purplechoe
01-12-2010, 06:05 PM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/stupidterrorist128498316205480000.jpg

Bruno
01-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Didn't know they were Saudi. Saw this earlier

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9D6DEB00&show_article=1

ROMULUS, Mich. (AP) - A Delta Airlines spokeswoman says the crew of a Northwest Airlines flight has requested that authorities meet the plane as it landed in Detroit because four passengers did not follow their instructions.
Spokeswoman Susan Elliott would not give details about what the passengers were doing on Northwest Flight 243 from Amsterdam that landed around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. She would only say that the plane had 245 passengers and 12 flight attendants on board. Nobody was injured.

A message seeking comment was left at Detroit's Metropolitan Airport.

Tuesday's disturbance comes less than a week after a Nigerian man pleaded not guilty to trying to blow up a packed Northwest Airlines flight from Amsterdam as it was preparing to land in Detroit on Christmas.

BlackTerrel
01-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Seems like 4 Saudis on an international flight didn't want to put on seat belts when the aircraft hit a bit a turbulence.... The flight crew freaked out and made an emergency landing... The 4 are currently being questioned - talking heads are spinning it as a terrorist incident... :rolleyes:

Go figure...

-t

Do you have a link? All I've seen so far is that they haven't released what happened yet.

Bruno
01-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Do you have a link? All I've seen so far is that they haven't released what happened yet.

ht tp://www.northstarnational.com/2010/01/12/detroit-airport-officials-detain-saudi-arabian-passengers/#more-3755

They hasten to tell us they don’t consider it a threat, but officials at Detroit Metro Airport have detained four passengers from Saudi Arabia after they “did not comply with crew member instructions.”

From WDIV-TV in Detroit:

Crew and flight members requested that authorities meet the plane at the gate when it landed at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.“Four passengers on flight 243 did not comply with crew member instructions and out of an abundance of caution the crew requested authorities meet the flight upon arrival,” said Northwest/Delta Airlines spokeswoman Susan Elliott. She would only say that the plane, an Airbus 330, had 245 passengers and 12 flight attendants on board. Nobody was injured.

So it wasn’t a threat, but crew members were worried enough that they felt the need to have authorities meet them at the gate and detain these four, er, noncompliants, who just happen to all be from Saudi Arabia?

What sort of noncompliance might they have been engaged in? Presumably they weren’t all trying to go to the bathroom together during the forbidden final hour. Were they reading their Korans when they were supposed to have their hands folded and nothing on their laps?

Seriously, it’s hard to know what to make of this, as silly as some of these rules have gotten. But what sort of noncompliance would be engaged in by four people, all together, who just happen to be from Saudi Arabia?

I suppose they might have just been trying to make some sort of statement, perhaps because they felt they were being singled out. But given the government’s quick propensity for downplaying every incident, even the ones that later turn out to be serious indeed, it’s hard to just take their word for it when they tell us an incident did not involve a threat of any kind

Bruno
01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/22217705/detail.html

4 DTW Passengers Detained, Released
Authorities: Incident Was Not A Threat

POSTED: Tuesday, January 12, 2010
UPDATED: 6:27 pm EST January 12, 2010

DETROIT -- Four passengers who were reported to be unruly on board a Northwest Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Detroit were detained and released Tuesday afternoon after their plane landed.

Watch: TSA: Unruly Passengers Questioned In Detroit

The Transportation Security Administration said the passengers were released and no arrests were made.

Crew and flight members requested that authorities meet Northwest Flight 245 at the gate when it landed at about 1:30 p.m. Tuesday.

“Four passengers on flight 243 did not comply with crew member instructions and out of an abundance of caution the crew requested authorities meet the flight upon arrival,” said Northwest/Delta Airlines spokeswoman Susan Elliott.

Passenger Lia McCoskey said she became alarmed when she saw air marshals board the plane at the gate in Detroit and question the men.

"There was a passenger behind me. …He was interrogated by two air marshals. And by the tone of their voice, it sounded pretty serious. I am happy to be off the plane," said McCoskey.

None of the 245 passengers and 12 flight attendants on board Airbus 330 was injured.

Detroit Metro Airport spokesman Mike Conway told Local 4 that he doesn't believe the passengers were a threat.

The four passengers were not sitting together and Elliot won't specify what the passengers did to alert the crew.

One passenger told Local 4 that one man put a blanket over his head when the plane took off in Amsterdam and that when the flight attendant asked him to remove it, he complied.

Another passenger said she overheard one man joking about how Americans were afraid of him.

Tuesday's incident occurred two weeks after a young Nigerian man is accused of trying to blow up a packed U.S. jetliner, Northwest flight 253 from Amsterdam to Detroit, on Christmas Day.

One passenger said that he got very nervous when he saw there was commotion on the plane. "I hope this plane doesn’t blow up and I hope that I get to see my son and wife again. That thought crossed my mind," said a passenger on board the flight

Met Income
01-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Right, because if the plane crashes, that seat belt will save ya!

tangent4ronpaul
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM

naw - just the spin doctors so far - exprct google news to have something soon, if not allready

-t

Dieseler
01-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Right, because if the plane crashes, that seat belt will save ya!

Probably not but it will keep you from flying around the cabin like a rag doll injuring other passengers in a bout of turbulence.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-12-2010, 07:17 PM
This actually sounds somewhat reasonable to me. If you are going that far out of your way to refuse a seatbelt, I may suspect you must have some reason. Like explosives in your pants you dont want going off too early

BlackTerrel
01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Seriously, it’s hard to know what to make of this, as silly as some of these rules have gotten. But what sort of noncompliance would be engaged in by four people, all together, who just happen to be from Saudi Arabia?

I suppose they might have just been trying to make some sort of statement, perhaps because they felt they were being singled out. But given the government’s quick propensity for downplaying every incident, even the ones that later turn out to be serious indeed, it’s hard to just take their word for it when they tell us an incident did not involve a threat of any kind

Another passenger said she overheard one man joking about how Americans were afraid of him.

Not a very smart or funny joke to be making on a plane.

I do believe if you are Saudi and the flight attendant says "hey put your seatbelt on" and you refuse and make a general nuisance of yourself then you are begging for trouble.

Danke
01-12-2010, 08:02 PM
The flight crew freaked out and made an emergency landing...

-t

Where did you get that information?

tangent4ronpaul
01-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Where did you get that information?

MSN - probably FOX

-t

nobody's_hero
01-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Probably not but it will keep you from flying around the cabin like a rag doll injuring other passengers in a bout of turbulence.

Good point. It's a bit different than being in your own car by yourself taking your own risks.

Then again, have you ever seen what happens when a plane slams on the brakes while someone is walking down the aisle? Blammo!—Right through the front windshield.

—oh wait, that was about school buses.

Danke
01-12-2010, 09:27 PM
MSN - probably FOX

-t

Figures.

Doesn't sound right.