PDA

View Full Version : WARNING to Tea Party Activists re Scott Brown

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
WARNING to Tea Party Activists and Supporters, Town Hall Meeting Protesters, and Tax Cutters living in Massachusetts who are even considering voting for Scott Brown for US Senate January 19th:

Posted by Paula Jane on January 12, 2010 at 11:28am in General, Uncategorized Town Hall
View Discussions

From Carla Howell and Michael Cloud
http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001S22Ky2nkF8Z9AAAEepjQzVaf7OtIHxA_bsB4bn l4L_E5sw2k0u0vc3y4Fsv-fI3JvdZpKfEf2TQgFfTW_mgawgPqNiiByziljXFwpAwXP2M787 7B13TRqA%3D%3D

Career politician Scott Brown is an 11-year Big Government Republican state legislator who regularly and repeatedly voted FOR bigger state government budgets, voted FOR expanded and new Big Government programs, voted FOR tax increases, and voted AGAINST tax cuts.

Before you freak out, we do NOT want you to stay home - or vote for Martha Coakley. You have a far better choice - a choice that gives your vote 100 times its normal impact. What's more, if you choose this option, you will dramatically strengthen the Tea Party Movement - and radically increase the number of TRUE tax cut and spending cut candidates on the ballot this November.

We'll go into Big Government legislator Scott Brown's sorry record of the last 11 years, and offer you a powerful way to make the political establishment listen to the Tea Party movement, but first:

Who are we? What have we done to earn your attention? Why should you take us seriously?

We're Carla Howell and Michael Cloud, Tea Party activists and the 2 most prominent Tax Cut activists in Massachusetts for the last 10 years. We co-sponsored and ran Ballot Question 1 to END the state income tax in 2002 and 2008. We are running this year's Ballot Initiative to Roll Back the Sales Tax from 6.25% to 3%.

We know every single real tax cutter in Massachusetts. We know every major phony and fake friend of taxpayers. Every slick, smooth-talking
chameleon who tries to blend in with tax cutters - while he VOTES FOR TAX HIKES, VOTES FOR PROPERTY TAX INCREASES (Prop. 2 ½ overrides), and CAMPAIGNS AGAINST and VOTES AGAINST A MAJOR TAX CUT.

Scott Brown is the worst fake tax-cutter in the Massachusetts legislature. And a fake ally is more dangerous than an open enemy.

"By their fruits shall ye know them," counsels the Scriptures. "Actions speak louder than words," says the proverb. And, correcting Emerson, "What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear a word you say."

We must judge Scott Brown on his political actions during the last 11 years.

Fact: Election Eve, Monday, November 3rd, 2008: Scott Brown went on WTKK RADIO and urged voters to VOTE AGAINST Ballot Question 1, to END the Massachusetts state income tax. Scott Brown allied himself with the National and state Teachers Unions and SEIU (the government employees union that often works with ACORN) - against the taxpayers of Massachusetts.

Fact: Scott Brown has been a state legislator for the last 11 years, but we can't find a single tax cut bill authored, sponsored, or introduced by him that would cut as little as 5% of state government revenue.

Fact: Scott Brown has been a state legislator for the last 11 years, but we can't find even one spending cut bill authored, sponsored, or introduced by him that would cut as little as 5% of total state government spending.

Fact: Scott Brown has been a state legislator for the last 11 years, but we can't find a single waste reduction bill authored, sponsored, or introduced by him that would cut waste as little as 5% of total spending. Polling shows that Massachusetts voters estimate that 41% of their taxes are wasted, but Scott Brown can't even find 5% government waste.

Fact: The biggest tax and spending issue facing Massachusetts this year is our ballot initiative to roll back the sales tax from 6.25% to 3%. Yet we cannot find a single news account or mention at Scott Brown's legislative or campaign web sites where he takes a stand on this issue. He refuses to publicly endorse or campaign for our ballot initiative to roll back the sales tax -- even though it would give Massachusetts families 32,929 new private sector jobs.

Fact: Scott Brown proudly proclaims that he was a key part of the team that designed RomneyCare, the Massachusetts health care reform bill endorsed and backed by Senator Ted Kennedy. Scott Brown helped write, voted for, and endorses the bill provision that forces all Massachusetts workers to buy medical insurance - or pay a penalty tax. (Remember when Bill Clinton swore that oral sex from Monica Lewinsky wasn't sex? Scott Brown, a lawyer, swears that this mandatory fee paid to the government is NOT a tax! )

And now, Scott Brown's provision requiring everyone to buy medical insurance - or pay a mandatory penalty tax - is a key part of the Nancy Pelosi-Harry Reid-Barack Obama Health Care Reform Bill.

Scott Brown campaigns against everything the Tea Party Movement represents. Brown opposes and votes against as little as a 5% tax cut. He opposes and votes against cutting government spending or waste by even 5%. He designed and voted for a key part of the Pelosi-Reid-Obama Health Care bill now being voted on in Washington.

Right now, the mainstream Republican Party loyalists are desperately trying to find even tiny differences between career Republican politician Scott Brown and Democrat Martha Coakley.

The "Republican Party Right-or-Wrong" Partisans are trying to scare and stampede you and us - Tea Party activists, Town Hall Meeting protesters, and tax cutters -into closing our eyes, holding our noses and voting for Brown - out of fear that the alternative is even worse.

They are wrong. And we'll tell you why.

You have a radically better choice. A choice that will advance the Tea Party Cause. A choice that will give us REAL Tea Party candidates and allies in November.

To Be Continued.....

Please send this to every Tea Party blog or web site, every Town Hall Meeting blog or web site, every tax cutter blog or web site, and please share it with your friends in Massachusetts. You may hold the fate of the Tea Party movement in your hands.
http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topics/warning-to-tea-party-activists?page=1&commentId=2600775%3AComment%3A1925488&x=1#2600775Comment1925488

This is also posted on DP
http://dailypaul.com/node/121102#comment-1305229

parocks
01-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Anyways, if you want to support Kennedy, a good way to do so is to make signs and put up signs for him in Cambridge around 4am at the Polling Places so they'll be there when the polls open

Lots of people in Cambridge, easy to hit a lot of polling places, polling places are big.

URL or Link to Cambridge MA polling places -
http://www.cambridgema.gov/special/polling_locations.pdf

This is the official Kennedy sign from the site. Specs if you want to duplicate.

* Measures 22" wide x 15" high
* 13 oz. flexible vinyl is weather-resistant for outdoor use
* Design printed on both sides
* Sealed edges

http://images0.cafepress.com/product/408046760v1_480x480_Front.jpg

WARNING to Tea Party Activists and Supporters, Town Hall Meeting Protesters, and Tax Cutters living in Massachusetts who are even considering voting for Scott Brown for US Senate January 19th:

Posted by Paula Jane on January 12, 2010 at 11:28am in General, Uncategorized Town Hall
View Discussions

From Carla Howell and Michael Cloud
http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001S22Ky2nkF8Z9AAAEepjQzVaf7OtIHxA_bsB4bn l4L_E5sw2k0u0vc3y4Fsv-fI3JvdZpKfEf2TQgFfTW_mgawgPqNiiByziljXFwpAwXP2M787 7B13TRqA%3D%3D

http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topics/warning-to-tea-party-activists?page=1&commentId=2600775%3AComment%3A1925488&x=1#2600775Comment1925488

This is also posted on DP
http://dailypaul.com/node/121102#comment-1305229

Matt Collins
01-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I have Michael Cloud's book. He's very bright. THanks for posting this because just a few minutes ago I got an e-mail about a contingent traveling up there to campaign for this guy.

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 03:15 PM
I have Michael Cloud's book. He's very bright. THanks for posting this because just a few minutes ago I got an e-mail about a contingent traveling up there to campaign for this guy.

That's awesome Matt. Especially if you have the means and the resources and if y'all can travel together, it could be a quite efficient way of contributing. It would be interesting to work with them. :) If you decide to go, ya'll could help set up a chip in for signs through the campaign or something.

Matt Collins
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
That's awesome Matt. Especially if you have the means and the resources and if y'all can travel together, it could be a quite efficient way of contributing. It would be interesting to work with them. :) If you decide to go, ya'll could help set up a chip in for signs through the campaign or something.
I dont think you read the op.

People think that Rep Brown is conservative, but according to a well known libertarian thinker, he isn't.

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 03:33 PM
I dont think you read the op.

People think that Rep Brown is conservative, but according to a well known libertarian thinker, he isn't.
Of course I read the op. :rolleyes:
Okay, you just lost me. that's what I understand. Brown is not a conservative at all. Michael Cloud would be interesting to work with. You said you read his book.
edit -Wait, are you talking about a contingent to go campaign for Brown??? :eek:

We're Carla Howell and Michael Cloud, Tea Party activists and the 2 most prominent Tax Cut activists in Massachusetts for the last 10 years. We co-sponsored and ran Ballot Question 1 to END the state income tax in 2002 and 2008. We are running this year's Ballot Initiative to Roll Back the Sales Tax from 6.25% to 3%.

We know every single real tax cutter in Massachusetts. We know every major phony and fake friend of taxpayers. Every slick, smooth-talking
chameleon who tries to blend in with tax cutters - while he VOTES FOR TAX HIKES, VOTES FOR PROPERTY TAX INCREASES (Prop. 2 ½ overrides), and CAMPAIGNS AGAINST and VOTES AGAINST A MAJOR TAX CUT.

Matt Collins
01-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Wait, are you talking about a contingent to go campaign for Brown??? :eek:Yes, someone asked me to go up there to go up there to campaign for Brown.

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Yes, someone asked me to go up there to go up there to campaign for Brown.

I see. what "contingent" was that? :D
I thought the neocons kicked you out. :confused:

purplechoe
01-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Stop spamming this site for this neocon scumbag or I'm gonna ask the mods to ban you!!!

This is a Liberty Forest site, not an elect neocon site!!!

parocks
01-12-2010, 04:19 PM

I was confused as well. I was thinking "Kennedy has his shit together so well that he's got a contingent coming in from TN to do GOTV? That makes no sense." Now that I see that Brown has Rs coming from TN, that makes sense.

parocks
01-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Stop spamming this site for this neocon scumbag or I'm gonna ask the mods to ban you!!!

This is a Liberty Forest site, not an elect neocon site!!!

Please Quote the objectionable thread please.

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Thank you mods for moving this back, I was wondering what was OT about it, I certainly didn't mean to clog up the wrong forum.

If some of y'all were wondering about resistnet and whether or not they are "real" or not, they have glory holed this entry, I can't even cache it. Maybe someone can getta hold of the orig. entry at resistnet. I guess no info. is allowed there.

Yep, Kennedy is the real Ron Paul Republican in this race.
Here we go again.

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 09:22 PM
I was confused as well. I was thinking "Kennedy has his shit together so well that he's got a contingent coming in from TN to do GOTV? That makes no sense." Now that I see that Brown has Rs coming from TN, that makes sense.

Yes, he started talking about who he knew then went in to other people he knew approaching him about said candidate. :p It threw me off, but I forgot who I was reading. :D

purplec,
I jumped to certain conclusions about parocks as well, but then I saw the thread he posted a month back bumping for support/interest in Kennedy. I hadn't seen it, and I don't remember names assoc. w/ certain content very well.

I think you jumped to the wrong conclusions too though parocks- ie, you gave up too easily. ;)

everybody has their issues, but I do think it would be in our best intrests to at least try and educate others now that more people are beginning to watch the horse race. The bets are down, and we (meaning independent voters/principle voters NOT party voters) have a chance to swing it.

I need to hold my nose and read more in to Coakley, but I already know that I agree w/ her more on foreign policy than Brown, and I agree w/ her on the DP. I can't STAND the people who PRETEND to be pro-life. They rip me up more than a lot of the other "single issue" people.

cindy25
01-12-2010, 09:36 PM
unfortunately today party means everything. this is one time where least evil has to be the choice.

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
unfortunately today party means everything. this is one time where least evil has to be the choice.

Oh yes,
"Just this once"

YouTube - Ministry - Just One Fix (live Sphinctour 1996) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVeGdafISGs)

HOLLYWOOD
01-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Okay who's in NC? Care to let the local TP know about this NEOCON Liberal Brown?

Look at this: http://www.ncteaparty.com/

https://secure.donationsafe.com/_resources/images/sb.jpg

The Tea Party Express is pleased to announce our endorsement of Republican Scott Brown for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts. This will be a critical race, a Special Election that takes place on January 19th, and one that will stop the Democrats from passing through their government-run healthcare monstrosity – if we can win!

The Tea Party Express will be broadcasting television ads endorsing Scott Brown and you can support this campaign by making

Read More: Tea Party Express Endorses Scott Brown
January 9th, 2010 | Category: Hot Topics | One comment

revolutionary8
01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Okay who's in NC? Care to let the local TP know about this NEOCON Liberal Brown?

Look at this: http://www.ncteaparty.com/

https://secure.donationsafe.com/_resources/images/sb.jpg

The Tea Party Express is pleased to announce our endorsement of Republican Scott Brown for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts. This will be a critical race, a Special Election that takes place on January 19th, and one that will stop the Democrats from passing through their government-run healthcare monstrosity – if we can win!

The Tea Party Express will be broadcasting television ads endorsing Scott Brown and you can support this campaign by making

Read More: Tea Party Express Endorses Scott Brown
January 9th, 2010 | Category: Hot Topics | One comment

As many around here have been saying from the onset, they are all compromised. The true "tea party" has been hijacked by BAGGERS.
AFAIK, the LEFT has been covering this more than THE RIGHT!

Strategy could play a part, at least if we swing it left, they will have a much harder time biting their lips...

da da da...

i'd rather pay for health care than more pre-emptive war, torture, and the DP.

parocks
01-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Ok, well I'm gonna tell y'all, I do not think the same way as some here do about how best to achieve the liberty objective.

I've read comments about how it would be better to have dem victories and then
chaos and real pain then -> ? -> a magical return to constitutional liberty values.
I don't really trust that -> ? -> will work.

Ron Paul is a Republican. He decided at one time that the Republican Party is of the 2 major parties the most friendly to liberty. I agree.

I prefer to act with that in mind. I consider myself a traditionalist libertarian constitutionalist conservative republican.

I'm going to prefer the Republican position to the Democrat position, typically, and I'm going to want to stop the Ds when they've got the Presidency, the House and the Senate.

Anyways, you might be misinterpreting my support for Kennedy. I do believe that the Ron Paul crew needs to get its ground game on. One of the exciting things about the Ron Paul campaign was the ability of the grassroots, in 2007, to accomplish a lot without the direction of the official campaign. Things could go from the invention of an idea to the execution of the idea very quickly. The money bomb 1, the V for Vendetta one, was invented on 10/15, and was carried out 3 weeks later on 11/5, raising millions of dollars. Huge, awesome.

There ain't much of that around here now. The grassroots invented the ron paul revolution logo, signs were everywhere and youtube videos of those signs were everywhere.

I'd like to see more of that fun quality action surrounding a liberty candidate.

It's unlikely to be Rand Paul, right now he's the front runner and he should be running a front runner campaign which really doesn't need the skill set of the ron paul grass roots.

Who does need the skill set of the Ron Paul grass roots is an underfunded, or unfunded 3d party candidate with a very small chance of success.

Back on December 10, Kennedy could've used the help, and if the Ron Paul grass roots got excited about that project back then and a bunch of people got excited, Kennedy would be talked about right now in these articles in the Boston media with more than one line explaining who Kennedy is. They'd be talking about
the Kennedy factor, analyzing the Kennedy factor, and explaining how the Ron Paul grass roots all jumped on board at once and took this guy who was at 0 and took him to a much more repectable place.

That makes Ron Paul look good. It places him in a power position somewhat.
Ron Paul can say "go help candidate X" and his supporters will do their magic.

People would be afraid to mess with Ron Paul, lest he unleash the Ron Paul supporters on them.

That didn't happen this go round. It actually, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't happened yet.

I've worked on real campaigns before. It's good to have a real campaign, it's necessary to have a good real functioning traditional campaign apparatus. But
it's really extremely cool to have a decentralized efficient organization that can get things done with anonymous interchangeable parts. It was truly facinating to watch that happen in 2007, and I'm a little saddened that the entire functioning network has been replaced by the occasional money bomb for the occasional liberty candidate.

So, back 12/10, I was looking for any evidence of anyone who was excited about 2007 style grass roots guerilla action. There was none.

Now, a month has passed. There is now no chance that Kennedy can win. Sorry.

That doesn't mean putting up signs for Kennedy wouldn't be fun, and flexing your muscles a little bit would be a useful skill to have.

But there's, for me, a political goal for me as well. I want to see not Coakley win.
I believe in Stop Obama. And because a month has passed, what little chance Kennedy had is gone. And that leaves Brown, then, for me. And I don't believe that lesser evil is still evil stuff. That line is the exact line a Coakley op would feed to a Libertarian right here on this board. I know this. I find it almost ridiculous
that people seem to fall for that. But they seem to do so.

Executives and Legislators do entirely different things. The lesser evil argument does not work for legislators. A legislator is one of many and does not set the agenda. The executive sets the agenda.

The false left / right dichotomy I've been hearing about. Also ridiculous. In real life there are 2 parties. One is trying to pass certain legislation the other is opposing that legislation. There's nothing false about that basic obvious fact.

Here's a picture of a Joe Kennedy. Print that picture out and make a few photocopies of that. They're like, what, 3 cents to make? Cut to shape. Tape or staple the picture of Joe Kennedy to telephone poles / street lights / mailbox / Globe / Herald / Phoenix box, whatever bands typically put their flyers on around Cambridge. You don't really want to make the picture too noticeable, it should just blend in with the surrounding clutter, and not a whole bunch of the same one
in the same place. Target first the area around 4/1 - Putnam Gardens, Community Room, Entrance between Magee and Callender Streets. There are about 1600 voters there at that polling place.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/JPK_Photo.jpg

Yes, he started talking about who he knew then went in to other people he knew approaching him about said candidate. :p It threw me off, but I forgot who I was reading. :D

purplec,
I jumped to certain conclusions about parocks as well, but then I saw the thread he posted a month back bumping for support/interest in Kennedy. I hadn't seen it, and I don't remember names assoc. w/ certain content very well.

I think you jumped to the wrong conclusions too though parocks- ie, you gave up too easily. ;)

everybody has their issues, but I do think it would be in our best intrests to at least try and educate others now that more people are beginning to watch the horse race. The bets are down, and we (meaning independent voters/principle voters NOT party voters) have a chance to swing it.

I need to hold my nose and read more in to Coakley, but I already know that I agree w/ her more on foreign policy than Brown, and I agree w/ her on the DP. I can't STAND the people who PRETEND to be pro-life. They rip me up more than a lot of the other "single issue" people.

Matt Collins
01-23-2010, 02:31 AM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Campaign%20VI/Toldja.jpg

revolutionary8
01-23-2010, 02:38 AM

<whew>That was a close call Matt.</whew>

Pepsi
01-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Some of the Tea Partys here are planing to run thier own canadates for office.