PDA

View Full Version : I think the breakthrough has finally happened!

Perry
10-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Today was the best day yet for Ron Paul. I saw more media coverage of him then in the past month. Coverage spanned all major news networks and i even saw tucker and both guests singing his praises after only a little hesitation.
laura Ingraham and others are starting to bat their eyes at the man and Paul is getting his name mentioned in passing much more frequently. Things are beginning to fall into place in the msm. I don't think this is fleeting any longer. All we need is one decent national poll in the coming weeks to show that his momentum is increasing and they will no longer refer to him as the dark horse but a true threat.
The dream is in sight and just a little clearer now than it was in the past. There is reason to keep up hope. The funds meter on the RP2008 started to roll a little faster today and i believe it is directly related to the new media attention.
Expect to hear more and more from the mainstream media. Things are beginning to happen.:)

Syren123
10-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Today was the best news day ever.
And a lady pulled up to me at a stoplight today and asked, "Who is Ron Paul?" That's never happened before.

Perry
10-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Today was the best news day ever.
And a lady pulled up to me at a stoplight today and asked, "Who is Ron Paul?" That's never happened before.

Ha! I love that. I can't tell you how many people have used that line on me.
In a 100 years it might be remembered as his Ironic slogan.
Something like "who is Elvis?".:)

MsDoodahs
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
who is john galt?

:)

austin356
10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
Today I kept watching that ABC piece over and over and over. IT is by far the best coverage of Paul this entire year.

Bob Cochran
10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
who is john galt?

Joseph Newman is John Galt, supposedly.

Matt Collins
10-04-2007, 10:05 PM
We had him on 2 radio shows here in Nashville today (Thursday) and will have him on 1 more tomorrow.

Perry
10-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Today I kept watching that ABC piece over and over and over. IT is by far the best coverage of Paul this entire year.

I personally like the Tucker piece. Three people, two republicans and a democrat, all gloating over Ron Paul at once. I was loving it.

KramerDSP
10-04-2007, 10:12 PM
A few stories -

* Co-worker who I had been talking to about Paul more than a month ago came to see me and told me that she and her husband saw him on Cafferty and said that Cafferty essentially gave rave reviews. She is a democrat who has likely not voted republican before, and she probably won't switch, but she said Paul was by far the most honest person she had seen in a very long time and that she knew exactly where he stood on the issues.

She seemed very intrigued by him, and confused by the fact that she was intrigued LOL She said her son, who has supported Kucinich since 2004, also told her he genuially liked and trusted Paul, even though he disagreed on healthcare and education issues.

* While on my lunch break at work, I used the videophone (for deaf people) to call my mother and catch up with her for a bit. I told her Paul would be president, and she said that she really liked him and that he truly was the politician for those that were turned off by politicians for so long. She said "but you know the gop and media are going to do everything they can to stop him". She put me on hold, and while she did, the video relay interpreter signed to me and said "Interpreter here: I saw a Ron Paul sign while driving on I-95 to work today. I'm gonna have to check him out", to which I said "Go to youtube and then google and search ron paul". She said "absolutley".

* An hour ago, I got an e-mail from a guy I work with who saw a Ron Paul bumper in the area for the first time!

Three great stories in essentially 12 hours. The tipping point has arrived.

Syren123
10-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Yes. Today was the tipping point. I actually felt it tip.

I haven't been this truly optimistic in years, if ever.

Perry
10-04-2007, 10:24 PM
A few stories -

* While on my lunch break at work, I used the videophone (for deaf people) to call my mother and catch up with her for a bit. I told her Paul would be president, and she said that she really liked him and that he truly was the politician for those that were turned off by politicians for so long. She said "but you know the gop and media are going to do everything they can to stop him". She put me on hold, and while she did, the video relay interpreter signed to me and said "Interpreter here: I saw a Ron Paul sign while driving on I-95 to work today. I'm gonna have to check him out", to which I said "Go to youtube and then google and search ron paul". She said "absolutley".

That one is the best. I will remember it.:p:p

john_anderson_ii
10-04-2007, 10:33 PM
I was driving my car home from work, and I have a large "GOOGLE RON PAUL" spray chalked on the back window. Three people honked and passed me, each had a Ron Paul bumper sticker.

Syren123
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
I was driving my car home from work, and I have a large "GOOGLE RON PAUL" spray chalked on the back window. Three people honked and passed me, each had a Ron Paul bumper sticker.

That must just CHAP John McCain no end! PHX is a great town for RP supporters - signs EVERYWHERE!!

Ron Paul Fan
10-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Hopefully it leads to a rise in the national polls because that is what the media always shows when stacking up the candidates. If Dr. Paul can get up even with Romney then they'll have to cover him more often. Just imagine if we reach our October $4 million goal. There will be no stopping us. We'll be on a gravy train with biscuit wheels! I also felt this has been the tipping point for us. Interviews with Blitzer, ABC Nightly News, kind words from Tucker, Chris Mathews had a little segment on Hardball, Today Show, The View, Morning Joe, Laura Ingram. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!! LET US ALL UNITE IN THE NAME OF LIBERTY!!!!!!!!

Chester Copperpot
10-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Perhaps I was kind of sequestered todaya.. I didnt feel it.. I wasnt at the computer or near a tv.. or anything.. But I think my sister called from from Calif. to talk about ron Paul.. didnt get a chance to talk to her eithre.. damn

richard1984
10-04-2007, 10:51 PM
It's slowly sinking in for me. I keeps dawning on me little-by-little that this is what I/we have been waiting for. I don't want to set my expectations too high, but I really don't see this (the Freedom Movement) stopping once it gets going.
I'm always skeptical, but I can't shake the feeling/thought that this is the beginning of something truly amazing--America is about to discover Ron Paul en masse.
I can't wait to see what happens next!
This could be the biggest, greatest thing to happen to our country in a long, long time.
I'm honored and humbled that I get to live in these days.

Here we go! :D

Ron Paul for President in 2008!!!

:D :D

jonahtrainer
10-04-2007, 11:20 PM
"Interpreter here: I saw a Ron Paul sign while driving on I-95 to work today. I'm gonna have to check him out", to which I said "Go to youtube and then google and search ron paul". She said "absolutley".

Even if I knew who put up those signs on the I-95 Interstate in Florida I wouldn't tell because word on the street is the neocon Code Enforcement in Jacksonville, FL is pissed .... :eek:

richard1984
10-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Even if I knew who put up those signs on the I-95 Interstate in Florida I wouldn't tell because word on the street is the neocon Code Enforcement in Jacksonville, FL is pissed .... :eek:

Good. :mad:

:D

smtwngrl
10-04-2007, 11:30 PM

I've watched the ABC piece quite a few times, too, and I agree! ;) Every part of it was positive. They even showed him holding a smiling baby. :D

Perry
10-04-2007, 11:40 PM
It's slowly sinking in for me. I keeps dawning on me little-by-little that this is what I/we have been waiting for. I don't want to set my expectations too high, but I really don't see this (the Freedom Movement) stopping once it gets going.
I'm always skeptical, but I can't shake the feeling/thought that this is the beginning of something truly amazing--America is about to discover Ron Paul en masse.
I can't wait to see what happens next!
This could be the biggest, greatest thing to happen to our country in a long, long time.
I'm honored and humbled that I get to live in these days.

Here we go! :D

Ron Paul for President in 2008!!!

:D :D

Well said!
I started thinking years ago about how throughout history when desperate times have befallen us a great man would always come out of the woodwork. I was for many years filled with discouragement and dismay because we needed that man and he was nowhere to be found. In 2007 I found him in Ron Paul and here we all are now at the beginning.
We truly are very fortunate to be a part of it all.

Corydoras
10-04-2007, 11:42 PM
They even showed him holding a smiling baby. :D

I think that a lot of Ron Paul materials can benefit from including pictures of him holding babies. It also would round off the rough edges of the maverick tough guy image from the debates.

I genuinely dislike being around babies myself, yet when I see pictures of him holding a baby, I ALWAYS smile. Always. I don't know why; maybe it's because he and the baby always look so comfortable together. Anyway, I'm sure that people who do like babies will react even more positively.

richard1984
10-04-2007, 11:53 PM
I think that a lot of Ron Paul materials can benefit from including pictures of him holding babies. It also would round off the rough edges of the maverick tough guy image from the debates.

I genuinely dislike being around babies myself, yet when I see pictures of him holding a baby, I ALWAYS smile. Always. I don't know why; maybe it's because he and the baby always look so comfortable together. Anyway, I'm sure that people who do like babies will react even more positively.

Yeah. He really has "the touch." There's no denying that he's a wonderful man when you see him holding a baby or young child. Ron Paul truly has a good soul.

Can you imagine Giuliani holding a baby? Or really any of the rest of the presidential candidates (or at least the "front runners")? I just can't see babies or children really being comfortable with them.

Is it just me, or is Ron Paul ideal presidential material. Not only is he a genius and more knowledgeable on the issues than most anyone else, but he also has a huge heart and is a genuinely good human being.

steph3n
10-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Ron Paul has held more babies than most anyone here I'd bet :D Unless possibly there is an OB here among us.

ghemminger
10-05-2007, 12:10 AM
LEt's See...tommorow will tell if he gets daily sustained coverage.

Perry
10-05-2007, 12:15 AM
LEt's See...tommorow will tell if he gets daily sustained coverage.

Looking forward to the Mclaughlin group tomorrow night. 2/1 says Mclaughlin or Buchanan bring up Paul.

Grandson of Liberty
10-05-2007, 12:38 AM

Uh-oh, don't get tazed, bros.:D

sylvania
10-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Yeah. He really has "the touch." There's no denying that he's a wonderful man when you see him holding a baby or young child. Ron Paul truly has a good soul.

Can you imagine Giuliani holding a baby? Or really any of the rest of the presidential candidates (or at least the "front runners")? I just can't see babies or children really being comfortable with them.

I don't know why but I love seeing Ron Paul holding babies, too. It warms my cynical heart.

And yes, I can imagine Giuliani holding a baby...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd85/Sylvania11/rudykid.jpg

steph3n
10-05-2007, 12:41 AM
is he choking that baby or holding it? Maybe trying hand to hand combat?

I don't know why but I love seeing Ron Paul holding babies, too. It warms my cynical heart.

And yes, I can imagine Giuliani holding a baby...

Perry
10-05-2007, 12:42 AM

HE'S GOING TO EAT THAT BABY!!!~!!!! :eek::eek:

--------------------

jonahtrainer
10-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Uh-oh, don't get tazed, bros.:D

I know one of the local sherrifs from attending Republican clubs. I was at an Ask Mitt Anything and asked him if he had a tazer because I wanted to ask a question. I have too much fun ....

michaelwise
10-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Fox Neo-con News should be boycotted for not even mentioning Ron Paul's numbers.

grfgerger
10-05-2007, 01:14 AM
"why don't I know more about ron paul? is he only on the internet? he raised a lot of money..."

my mom's words today. she had asked me if i liked barack obama recently and i had said no, but that i did like ron paul. i told her to watch the debate on tuesday.

smtwngrl
10-05-2007, 01:21 AM

--------------------

Just for a contrast, remember this picture? :) http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1098/771450727_becb35f1cf.jpg

Perry
10-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Just for a contrast, remember this picture? :) http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1098/771450727_becb35f1cf.jpg

Now that is much nicer. :)

-------------------------

TechnoGuyRob
10-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Welcome to first-tier.

devil21
10-05-2007, 01:37 AM

I dont think the Rudy camp wants a video of him shouting 9/11! I was mayor of NY during 9/11! Goddamit! in the babies face.

Btw I saved that pic of RP with the kids for future use. Great picture.

Corydoras
10-05-2007, 02:32 AM
I wish I understood how to put pictures in a post.

Here's another picture of him with that little girl:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/47/photos/?photoAlbumId=183096&photoId=1677019

And here's a great one with a baby:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/heyerstandards/1104672905/

TechnoGuyRob
10-05-2007, 02:34 AM
Corydoras: Use the [img] tag. Like:

[img]http://yourimage.com/image.jpg[/////////////img]

But with one slash.

DJ RP
10-05-2007, 02:41 AM
http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/d/e/b/b/event_1677019.jpeg

That one is FUNNY.

I agree with what an earlier poster said though... he is the perfect policitian... he DOES have a big heart!

Corydoras
10-05-2007, 02:50 AM
Corydoras: Use the [img] tag. Like:

[img]http://yourimage.com/image.jpg[/////////////img]

But with one slash.

Like this?

Oops, didn't work.

richard1984
10-05-2007, 02:53 AM
Those pictures are beautiful. Thank you for posting them. :D

richard1984
10-05-2007, 02:59 AM

What I do to post pictures is I right click on the picture itself (let's use the one from the first link as an example), then click on "Properties," then highlight and copy the picture's URL (which is http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/d/e/b/b/event_1677019.jpeg for the first picture).
Then on your post, click the little yellow button above with the mountains on it (it says "Insert Image" when you hold your mouse pointer over it), and paste the picture's URL in the space provided.

You get this:
http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/d/e/b/b/event_1677019.jpeg
Some very happy people! :D

(I hope that makes sense. I really need to get to sleep....)

Corydoras
10-05-2007, 03:03 AM

And again, as my band teacher would say.

Darn. Oh, well.

Lois
10-05-2007, 03:17 AM
Oh, wow - now I'm craving "Ron Paul with Babies and Children" photos -- can we start a thread. I want to save them all :)

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 03:37 AM
Fox Neo-con News should be boycotted for not even mentioning Ron Paul's numbers.

Someone watches them now? ;)

LibertyEagle
10-05-2007, 03:40 AM
//

derdy
10-05-2007, 03:53 AM
//

What does '//' mean? I've seen it in a few posts now and was wondering. Thankx

steph3n
10-05-2007, 03:55 AM
means they deleted what they wrote after rethinking it, or possibly to totally change it and saved an intermediate version as to not have something they wrote worded so wrongly it will be misunderstood while they re-write

hopeforamerica
10-05-2007, 09:24 AM

Hey John,

I live in Phoenix and never get a honk! It must be my part of town. Are you in our meetup group? Did you know we have a HUGE march for Ron Paul on Oct. 13th? People are coming from Tucson, Flagstaff, and Yuma to join us!!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/7/calendar/6286657/

Join if you can!

MsDoodahs
10-05-2007, 09:28 AM

I looked all over for that photo of Ron.

I love that picture.

smtwngrl
10-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Oh, wow - now I'm craving "Ron Paul with Babies and Children" photos -- can we start a thread. I want to save them all :)

That sounds great. :)

Recently, our local fox news channel had a feature on presidential candidates and how they interact with children. They even had a psychologist interpreting video of the candidates and children. Ron Paul was not included. :( I think I'm going to email them some photos of him with children.

He would look better than any of the other candidates. :)

dsentell
10-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Regarding the breakthrough happening....

I feel it, too. On Monday (10-01-07), I started telling everyone that there is going to be a series of big surprises (for the MSM and the people who are not familiar with RP).

The first surprise hit with the announcement of the Q3 donations!

We are on a roll -- we are snowballing ........ :)

runderwo
10-05-2007, 10:03 AM
FOX did publish an AP story, but I haven't seen any video:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299307,00.html

reduen
10-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Yesterday a man came in to my friends barber shop (in MV Arkansas) from Louisiana and started telling him about Ron Paul! Needless to say my friend the barber already knew...:)

paulitics
10-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Yesterday a man came in to my friends barber shop (in MV Arkansas) from Louisiana and started telling him about Ron Paul! Needless to say my friend the barber already knew...:)

Just like the barber who gives you stock picks before everyone is in and it tanks, they are an leading indicator of mainstream penetration. Unless he is a cuuting edge barber of course.

yongrel
10-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Life is good

Matt Collins
10-05-2007, 04:42 PM
The campaign got 170+ requests from print media this week!!!!

Eli
10-05-2007, 05:07 PM
The campaign got 170+ requests from print media this week!!!!

Sweet! I hope they can fullfill them ALL

Matt Collins
10-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Sweet! I hope they can fullfill them ALLI don't want to talk about it :mad: :(

Prez4TheNet
10-05-2007, 10:21 PM
I saw my co-worker reading drudge today and asked him if he read up on Ron Paul... and he was like, "yeah.. the guy who raised a half million". And I corrected him and said it was actually 5 million. Next thing you know, he is on wikipedia reading up on the good doctor. I quickly followed up with an email of my favorite youtube of Dr Paul on the Morton Downey show. He then told me he was a blue collar democrat but had strong libertarian principles. Doesn't seem like the guy who actually goes on to vote but none the least he found him intriguing.

Another co-worker who heard us talking told me that Ron Paul has no chance and that we need Socialized medicine and that he is voting Hillary. I got into a bit of a verbal exchange and told him that Carter, Reagan and clinton also had "no chance" but they went on to win the nomination...

anyhoo, on my daily commute to work I once in awhile drop of Ron Paul flyers near the stack of the free metro papers that commuters pick up. I made sure to drop a lot more of them in the last two days....

I'd like to think I'm making a difference but who knows? If the media continue to follow him like they have been doing fairly decently, I think he stands a good chance.

kenc9
10-05-2007, 10:51 PM
The tide has finally turned for Ron Paul at last!

It is being reported that Fred isn't wearing well and doesn't have any "stump" punch as he is very boring and he is now breaking his wife out already to try and jump start things.

Also it is being reported that Mitt is being called out for changing positions over and over again.

Julie is prochoice and groups are threatening to form a third party if he is elected.

McCaine is sputtering along with little hope.

Lets see...HMMMM!!!! who else is left to carry the torch?

Liberty is VERY popular! :D

Thank God for the next President of the United States Ronald Ernest Paul ;)

kickzman
10-05-2007, 11:38 PM
You are definitely right, he broke through today, and the establishment is quivering with fear.:)

Perry
10-06-2007, 12:04 AM
The tide has finally turned for Ron Paul at last!

It is being reported that Fred isn't wearing well and doesn't have any "stump" punch as he is very boring and he is now breaking his wife out already to try and jump start things.

Also it is being reported that Mitt is being called out for changing positions over and over again.

Julie is prochoice and groups are threatening to form a third party if he is elected.

McCaine is sputtering along with little hope.

Lets see...HMMMM!!!! who else is left to carry the torch?

Liberty is VERY popular! :D

Thank God for the next President of the United States Ronald Ernest Paul ;)

You hit the nail on the head. My sentiments exactly.:) EVERYONE is discontent!:eek: Yay for us.

Suzu
10-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Is it just me, or is Ron Paul ideal presidential material. Not only is he a genius and more knowledgeable on the issues than most anyone else, but he also has a huge heart and is a genuinely good human being.

That's exactly why he is winning. I just wish we didn't have to endure another full year-plus of the Shrubya administration before Paul takes the helm.

steph3n
10-06-2007, 12:13 AM
i am quite content, I have chosen the best candidate to lead the nation :)

Was just watching some clip, Jesse Ventura I think it was, 24 years of possible clinton/bush it is a dual rotating monarchy, it was a good point :)

Syren123
10-06-2007, 01:11 AM

Gawd those are adorable!
You can tell Dr Paul has held a few babies in his life.

sunny
10-06-2007, 03:45 AM

absolutely it's not just you. dr. paul is a beautiful man inside and out. to know him is to love him/

sunny
10-06-2007, 03:48 AM

--------------------

LOL! really - LOL!

buffalokid777
10-06-2007, 03:53 AM
If we want Ron Paul to win,

There is only ONE thing left to do,
And that is to spread his word to the "Never used the internet" people.

If we can accomplish that......we can win.....plain and simple....

Eric21ND
10-06-2007, 05:23 AM
If we want Ron Paul to win,

There is only ONE thing left to do,
And that is to spread his word to the "Never used the internet" people.

If we can accomplish that......we can win.....plain and simple....

We need to get boots on the ground and letters in the mail to every person in Iowa/NH right soon.