PDA

View Full Version : The Tax Code is Too Complicated says IRS Commissioner

clb09
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/75119-irs-commissioner-doesnt-file-his-own-taxes

IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman does not file his own taxes in part because he believes the tax code is complex.

During an interview on C-SPAN's "Newsmakers" program that aired on Sunday, Shulman said he uses a tax preparer for his own returns.

"I've used one for years. I find it convenient. I find the tax code complex so I use a preparer," Shulman said.

Pressed on how he would make the tax code simpler, Shulman responded, "I don't write the tax laws".

http://www.blainefranger.com/blog/uploaded_images/cavemen-734654.jpg

Bruno
01-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Its only January, but that might make understatement of the year.

Krugerrand
01-12-2010, 10:33 AM
oh how I wish election day was the same day taxes were due.

MelissaWV
01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Taxes are a matter of sitting down and recalling everything you did all year, then researching each category of thing you did, to see if you did it enough, and then making sure you fill out the right line on the right form. Then you have to ensure that none of the other lines on any other forms contradict what you just claimed, nor do they disqualify you from the benefit/loophole you just leapt through. Then, you must also amass evidence of each of those things you did, on the off chance that you are chosen as Mr./Ms. Audit 2010, and must demonstrate to a cheerful IRS person precisely how much you spent on pens for work this past year.

I mean jeez people. How can it be simpler?!?

ctiger2
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Don't forget to pay your protection money, err taxes to the big boss man.

http://www.rightreborn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/obama-godfather-mobster-mafia1.jpg

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Taxes are a matter of sitting down and recalling everything you did all year, then researching each category of thing you did, to see if you did it enough, and then making sure you fill out the right line on the right form. Then you have to ensure that none of the other lines on any other forms contradict what you just claimed, nor do they disqualify you from the benefit/loophole you just leapt through. Then, you must also amass evidence of each of those things you did, on the off chance that you are chosen as Mr./Ms. Audit 2010, and must demonstrate to a cheerful IRS person precisely how much you spent on pens for work this past year.

I mean jeez people. How can it be simpler?!?

So, just cut all taxes and pay for government through either productivity or inflation. Just have the Federal government do necessary things. If a person wants the government to do something else, have them pay for it.

koob
01-12-2010, 01:36 PM
I am taking a tax class this semester, and let me tell you I AGREE! This class is a nightmare!

dannno
01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
LOL, I thought this was The Onion.

Brian4Liberty
01-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Its only January, but that might make understatement of the year.

Certainly.

kahless
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I feel like a slave to the IRS with all the constant preparation and documentation not to mention the space it takes. I now scan everything in but have years of stuff that would take too much time to scan in and is like a boat anchor taking up too much space.

I hope after the end of the fed campaign is done we focus on ending the IRS once and for all.

Zippyjuan
01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
I got my 1040 book in the mail this week and it looks a lot bigger than in the past.