PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find it odd?

Romulus
01-12-2010, 10:00 AM
That FOX is a soapbox for Republican pundits, yet we dont ever hear about Dems having their own show on MSNBC, CNN etc?

kahless
01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
That FOX is a soapbox for Republican pundits, yet we dont ever hear about Dems having their own show on MSNBC, CNN etc?

What difference does it make when they are all hard core Democrats at MSNBC and CNN where many served under various administrations. Chris Mathews served under Carter, James Carville under Clinton, etc, etc

fisharmor
01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah, they don't need pundit shows... their pundits are the anchors.
That's why when I was young and less enlightened I was attracted to the Republicans: at least they are honest enough to say that they are what they are.
Of course, that's primarily because they aren't in the club that allows them to be anchors. I'm sure if they were put in charge of the Ministry of Truth, they'd pull the same shenanigans.

Romulus
01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
What difference does it make when they are all hard core Democrats at MSNBC and CNN where many served under various administrations. Chris Mathews served under Carter, James Carville under Clinton, etc, etc

you just dont see John Edwards or Bill Richardson with their talkshows on those networks... not that it matters, its just an observation.

pacelli
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I just can't handle watching them. I might see an occasional youtube clip posted here or elsewhere, but that's my limit now. And quite frankly, that's as much of an allowance as I'm willing to give myself considering how all of the networks treated Ron Paul during the campaign.

AuH20
01-12-2010, 10:27 AM
The democrats are the establishment. They don't need one network. ;)

angelatc
01-12-2010, 10:35 AM

I think that Fox and the internets would be the only places you might hear that message.

angelatc
01-12-2010, 10:39 AM
I just can't handle watching them. I might see an occasional youtube clip posted here or elsewhere, but that's my limit now. And quite frankly, that's as much of an allowance as I'm willing to give myself considering how all of the networks treated Ron Paul during the campaign.

I totally agree. ANd it's not just that. They have no interest in honest dialogue. I have no doubt that Hannity has heard that there is a difference between non-intervention and isolation, so I can only conclude he chooses to use the incorrect phrase.

Rachel Maddow calling the Tea Party protestors vulgar names and racists even as she is graciously introducing Ron Paul.

It goes on and on...

Romulus
01-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I totally agree. ANd it's not just that. They have no interest in honest dialogue. I have no doubt that Hannity has heard that there is a difference between non-intervention and isolation, so I can only conclude he chooses to use the incorrect phrase.

Rachel Maddow calling the Tea Party protestors vulgar names and racists even as she is graciously introducing Ron Paul.

It goes on and on...

I agree.. I refuse to think that Hannity, Maddow and the likes are really that stupid, instead rather, high paid, well placed collectivist shills.

someperson
01-12-2010, 12:41 PM
These networks aren't in the business of promoting republicans, democrats, liberals, or conservatives. As ENDG4M3 said, they promote the philosophy of collectivism: Manufacture groups, label them, and set them against each other. Sell ammunition to both sides. Unlike the ancient war profiteers, the ammunition is no longer confined to arrows and bullets sold to warring fiefdoms; it has expanded to, arguably more powerful, talking points and sound bites.

kahless
01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
you just dont see John Edwards or Bill Richardson with their talkshows on those networks... not that it matters, its just an observation.

Probably because none them has the star power that appeals to middle America that Palin and Huckabee has. Huckabee has been doing ok in ratings I suspect Palin will also. If I had to make a prediction I would say Palins ratings will likely crush that of MSNBC and CNN combined.

It was a wise business move for them but for us now that is a different story. I however fear as others have that this will help consolidate tea party movement under a Neocon of FNC's chosing. This will probably happen anyway but likely more so that Palin with her star power is being given a platform that has such a broad reach.

I think people underestimate the power of these news networks. People are too busy living their lives to know the truth and count on these channels for it. This movement should really be seeking out investors for a 4th news network that promotes the values of liberty if we do not want to have a repeat of 2008 or that of putting neocons back in power.

Romulus
01-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Well her ratings went thru the roof when she was on Oprah, so they know she's a golden turd.

and there's my answer. Who the hell would tune into the Bill Richardson power hour? D's are content with their established mouthpieces.

Stary Hickory
01-12-2010, 02:26 PM

Exactly CNN and MSNBC...ABC...CBS...NBC, all have been hardcore lefty for a long time. If this was not the case their would have never emerged such a big market for FOX news. CNN and MSNBC try to say they are the "norm" for news......which is hogwash.

They are full of propaganda and have been for years. I could not stand watching them because of it. Even now they totally ignore issues when it hurts the leftist agenda. America has finally figured it out that the news is not unbiased. And they have reacted accordingly.

Romulus
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
And they have reacted accordingly.

by tuning into Huckabee and Palin on Fox? I guess its all we have.. oh well, at least RP is still kicking butt on ALL the networks. I'm grateful he makes an effort and is allow to there.

You know, I bet RP is on the other networks more than FOX? You think Beck being the "Libertarian" he is, would have him on at least once a week!