PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Asks, 'What Would America Do Without Fox News?' VIDEO

bobbyw24
01-12-2010, 06:59 AM
TMZ captured candid video of Sarah Palin outside a terminal at New York's JFK Airport on Monday, shortly after the news broke that she signed a multi-year deal with the Fox News Channel. Palin at first seems reluctant to look into the camera, until the reporter asks her how it feels to "join the fold." With her husband, Todd, walking beside her, Palin smiles and asks, "What would America do without Fox News?"

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/01/12/video-sarah-palin-asks-what-would-america-do-without-fox-news/

angelatc
01-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Let's try it and see!

Stary Hickory
01-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Let's try it and see!

Oh yes by all means leave the radical leftist news shows alone. I don't get warm fuzzies when all I see is attacks against FOX news, which DOES in fact have a lot of libertarian views on it.

I start to wonder just how objective people are.

Nate
01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
One could only dream.

Bruno
01-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Not have anyone to throw snowballs at?

Dieseler
01-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm sort of glad it was there to balance out the situation.
if it weren't for FOX I wouldn't know that half of Obama's cabinet were Commies and that his education czar wants to fuck little kids.
FOX is OK with me right now.
I like FOX. They tell me stuff.
I know who Saul Alinski is now.
And Van Jones.
And Valerie Mao Tse Tung.
I met Lord Monckton on FOX and he exposed the Global Warming Scam on FOX.
None of that was reported on MSNBC.
FOX is a tool right now.

zach
01-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Less 'right' bullshit opinions.

angelatc
01-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Oh yes by all means leave the radical leftist news shows alone. I don't get warm fuzzies when all I see is attacks against FOX news, which DOES in fact have a lot of libertarian views on it.

I start to wonder just how objective people are.

There's some merit in what you're saying. I just swore I'd never watch them again after they refused to allow Ron Paul into their debate. I'm still not over that.

kahless
01-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Our issues are obviously underrepresented at FNC but it is far worse at MSNBC and CNN which is for the most part is openly hostile to anything Conservative or Libertarian. FNC does at least provide some balance to hard core leftists at CNN and MSNBC. You would never hear the things Judge Napalitano or Beck says on CNN or MSNBC.

Liberty Star
01-12-2010, 10:16 AM
We probably would never have spent a trillion dollar on Iraqi reconstruction if it were not for Fox, MSNBC and CNN. So, yea what would we do without them.

MelissaWV
01-12-2010, 10:30 AM
How about we get rid of all the "24 hour news" stations in their current formats? I find the crawl at the bottom of the screen usually more informative than the program running. The same talking heads over and over again. The same issue beaten to death. Things picked apart when they really have no meaning ("What WAS Balloon Boy's dad THINKING?" Up next, after "Tiger Woods: 18 Holes").

Those stations should, ideally, run like newspapers used to (and local news used to).

The big headlines, briefly, stating the facts. (No more rumors. Seriously.)
Global stories of interest that might not be a "big headline).
Weather/Sports/Entertainment
Filler pieces (Obituaries, good deeds, quirky stories, etc.)
Editorial/Issues piece

Of course, right now the whole thing's an editorial...

*sighs*

Stary Hickory
01-12-2010, 02:22 PM
There's some merit in what you're saying. I just swore I'd never watch them again after they refused to allow Ron Paul into their debate. I'm still not over that.

Fair Enough, and I am by no means saying FOX is free of misinformation. I don't even watch them, I hate sensationalized news. I rather do like there at least being a news agency who might present a view that differs from leftist statist dribble.

They have Beck....a Necon still in the process of reforming, however he does a lot of good stuff for freedom

Also there is Stossel and the Judge. It's a big improvement in some respets because you can watch just the shows that have some liberty and freedom messages in them. If we did not have FOX there would be no Freedom Watch, no Beck show (which is a gateway to libertarianism for Necons) and no Stossel show.

BudhaStalin
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
I would venture to say that the world would be a much better place, Ron Paul would be president, all the unprincipled congressmen would have resigned their positions out of shame of their corruption, there would have been a momentous shift in attitude in America more favoring individualism and free markets, etc. etc.

kahless
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
How about we get rid of all the "24 hour news" stations in their current formats? I find the crawl at the bottom of the screen usually more informative than the program running. The same talking heads over and over again. The same issue beaten to death. Things picked apart when they really have no meaning ("What WAS Balloon Boy's dad THINKING?" Up next, after "Tiger Woods: 18 Holes").

Those stations should, ideally, run like newspapers used to (and local news used to).

The big headlines, briefly, stating the facts. (No more rumors. Seriously.)
Global stories of interest that might not be a "big headline).
Weather/Sports/Entertainment
Filler pieces (Obituaries, good deeds, quirky stories, etc.)
Editorial/Issues piece

Of course, right now the whole thing's an editorial...

*sighs*

I suppose some blame lays with Nielsen since I bet you, I and anyone else that feels that was is not a Nielsen household. I have yet to know or meet anyone who is.