PDA

View Full Version : Forum show of appreciation for Laura Ingraham

Bryan
10-04-2007, 09:18 PM
One of our long time members here reported today that Laura Ingraham had some rather kind words to say about Dr. Paul on the radio today, this continues with her positive message that she gave on Tuckers MS-NBC show on 9/19. Reports are that Laura has also spoken well of Ron Paul supporters at a recent book signing.

As a show of appreciation and goodwill forum members are taking a collection to send Laura some flowers, this can only be a positive for the campaign. We're not out for 1.2 million here so every $3-$5 will add up fast and is all we need but pitch in what you'd like, have some fun and be a part of it. :) The ChipIn link is:

<chip in ended>

All you need is a paypal.com account, credit cards are accepted.

The plan is to get these out either Saturday if we can find someone to hand deliver them in Atlanta or have them delivered Monday morning if reasonably possible- so time is limited. We will send whatever we raise, I will add funds to at least bump up to the next best thing we can afford so there will be no left over funds. If there has to be extra for some bizarre reason it will be donated to server costs here.

We will need to find a place to buy, if anyone can beat flowers.com please post up. We will also need to verify the delivery location tomorrow.

Here is the proposed message we will include:

-----------------

Dear Laura,
Our community thanks you for your kind words of our hero and inspiration, Dr. Ron Paul. We stand with you in cherishing our freedom to discuss important matters of our country even when we disagree. We hope that you can accept these flowers as a mark of our appreciation for what you do as we all strive to uphold the Constitution and traditional Republican conservative values.

In liberty,
Your friends at RonPaulForums.com

-----------------

There was a suggestion to add "The peace train has room for one more." - I like it but I'm not sure where to add it. If we get multiple bouquets we can add more personalize messages for each. Other suggestions are welcome.

Prior discussion:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22426

Tucker video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--4fXLOgsIU

Note: Understandably with our diverse group not everyone will agree on this, if not please don't post about it here- this isn't a debate thread. Thank you.

wgadget
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I have just sent a copy of this thread to a very active supporter in the area of Laura's booksigning this Saturday, which is in Alpharetta, Georgia.

Perhaps she will PM you.

ronpaulyourmom
10-04-2007, 09:24 PM
What a great idea, if I had even $5 right now I would give it, but I'm broke until Monday.

Seriously though, a great idea.

michaelwise
10-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Chipped in. Kill Em with kindness. Laura is about as sensible a talk show host as they get.

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
Does Laura Ingraham have a forum? Hopefully it's not as bad as Hannity's.. but I think now would be a ripe time to get over there and earn some friends.. what do you think?

EDIT: Crap looks like you have to be a paying member.. :(

torchbearer
10-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I Chipped in $5.

Eli
10-04-2007, 09:50 PM
lets do it!
does anyone have her address? it'd be better if we all send them rather than one chipin effort sending tons all from the same person.

yoshimaroka
10-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Get a copy of her book as well and get her to sign it.

OptionsTrader
10-04-2007, 09:52 PM
The Laura Ingraham lobby, I love it =)

isufferfromronpaulfever
10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Kill'em with kindness. I wholeheartedly agree. I think we should support and treat these MSM people (Tucker, Scarborough, Ingraham, etc) with the same support and respect we are giving the good Dr. Just a token of gratitude and also the feeling that we are behind them as well. These are the people we need to take us to that next level.

Who knows the lengths they will go knowing they have us behind them.

Any friend of Ron Paul is a friend of ours!

Stealth4
10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Chipped in $10

michaelwise
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
You know, we really are a pretty good, smart, learned, well intentioned bunch of people here. I just wish the mainstream media could recognize this.

nullvalu
10-04-2007, 10:02 PM
You know, we really are a pretty good, smart, learned, well intentioned bunch of people here. I just wish the mainstream media could recognize this.

nah, it's easier to call us spamming racist toothless 9/11 truther anti-establishment conspiracy theorists :rolleyes:

Bryan
10-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Thanks everyone! :D :cool: :)

And thanks to hard@work for the idea! Should of said that in the first message.

torchbearer
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
nah, it's easier to call us spamming racist toothless 9/11 truther anti-establishment conspiracy theorists :rolleyes:

I'm going to get that sentence on a bumper sticker. ;)

MsDoodahs
10-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Add the peace train comment as a PS on the card. I love that, great idea!

And when they deliver the flowers, please try to get video!

hard@work
10-04-2007, 10:20 PM
I did some homework on Laura. Turns out my original premonitions about a potential wedge between her and truly "dug in" neocons like Coulter were right on the mark. She happens to have been engaged to a neocon named Dinesh D'souza, who Coulter also had a relationship with. As for the personal connection between the three I am unaware, but I will assume there is some level of rivalry there if even some mutual respect. Additionally Dinesh has been an opponent of Dr. Paul recently at the freedom fest debate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_eA1NWiwMQ

You can find Dinesh's speach in the clips following (he's an amazing speaker, well worth the listen even if you disagree). So there's some real close to home issues here. They're all aware of each other proffesionally and a few degrees separated. Add to this her work with the Reagan administration and the fact that Ron Paul was one of Reagan's earliest supporters. Laura Ingraham is most definately a prime candidate for conversion.

I also wanted to add some creative input. I've thought about the presentation a bit, my original conception was that of Laura's secretary (or whomever works the front desk) notifying her of a billion flower vases being dropped off in her office. Funny thought but perhaps unrealistic. Since maybe that cannot be achieved I wanted to throw out the idea that maybe we can send a powerful message as well. I stumbled upon this:

http://tinyurl.com/2j2r5a

A french letterhead (couldn't find US, don't know if one was written) for a Letter of Marque and Reprisal. Now if you recall at Ames she did joke about the peace train, but she did also discuss the letter of marque without clarifying to the audience that it is a constitutional solution to piracy (classical terrorism if you will).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aXwLs69HEwE

My thoughts here is that perhaps to bring out the good natured spirit of the campaign and the truth in the capability of our constitution that we not only throw flowers her way with a thank you note, but we issue her a deputization through a Letter of Marque and Reprisal for the Ron Paul grassroots movement. Perhaps an envelope with tradtional US stationary on old style parchment. As for whether or not it's a good idea, I leave that to you. I am unaware of how you guys are going to work out the logistics. But really happy that it's happening and if we can gauge success here perhaps we can continue this tactic elsewhere. And at any rate, as soon as I get my ChipIn email I'm donating!

:)

edit:

Thanks everyone! :D :cool: :)

And thanks to hard@work for the idea! Should of said that in the first message.

Gah! I get embarassed easily, shush! Not my idea I've just been parroting it. Other people had the idea here before me, I just love it and bring it up whenever I can!

ValidusCustodiae
10-04-2007, 10:21 PM
I liked everything I read except the blatant solicitation.

Soliciting Ron Paul is GOOD.

Doing so to a well educated woman who is already saying lots of good things about him and his supporters would be unnecessary and in my opinion, in bad taste. The flowers are a thank you, nothing more. I'm sure she knows that we would welcome her with open arms. Most pundits don't publicly jump on campaigns anyway. Who knows, she could be a donor. One way or another, I really liked the first message.

Of course, unfortunately I am broke so I can't help. This is just a suggestion. The train thing is a good idea I have been posting that on blogs and stuff, but it just isn't the type of thing you give to someone along with thank you flowers.

torchbearer
10-04-2007, 10:25 PM
I want a youtube of the presentation of flowers to Laura. We could make our own headlines.

AdamT
10-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Bryan, please let us know her reaction to the flowers. If you get one that is.

ValidusCustodiae
10-04-2007, 10:26 PM
If you see what I'm saying, when she talks about it on her radio show (which she will if we do this) it's going to make a big impact if you put some PS Come ride the train thing on it. I believe negative impact. However, if it's a simple thank you from our forum to her for her kind and accurate words, it seems unobstrusive. It will leave the rest of the discussion open to Ron Paul, and the thank you will be seen exactly as that, a thank you.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

DJ RP
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Why hasn't a clip of what she said been posted? I mean we've had a lot of great coverage today I'm just wondering why she in particular gets gifts when most people haven't actually seen what she said?????

Don't get me wrong I think it's a good idea and all but why are people so happy did she say something really great?

hard@work
10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
I just want to say that one billion vases of flowers was an admirable goal.

Don't get me wrong I think it's a good idea and all but why are people so happy did she say something really great?

She shot down every other candidate but Paul then said good things about him. The idea is we strike now while that is still in her mind, let her know we're listening. This is a long fight and each day counts. It's a long shot, but everything we do is. If we sit back and let the pundits tally our emails we will get results. But if the people approach them directly the statement is much larger. The phenomenon of the campaign's dynamics becomes a realization right in front of them. And if we can begin to recover the pundits who are not complete neocon hacks, only along for the ride - no matter their motives - we can spark the types of changes needed in this country. From the grassroot itself all the way to the top of the canopy.

torchbearer
10-04-2007, 10:30 PM
You have to start the dominos falling somewhere, and I think, from the recent comments Laura has made that she would be the most probable to start a pro-paul chain of pundit supporters.

MsDoodahs
10-04-2007, 10:31 PM
If you see what I'm saying, when she talks about it on her radio show (which she will if we do this) it's going to make a big impact if you put some PS Come ride the train thing on it. I believe negative impact. However, if it's a simple thank you from our forum to her for her kind and accurate words, it seems unobstrusive. It will leave the rest of the discussion open to Ron Paul, and the thank you will be seen exactly as that, a thank you.

Do you know the reason for the peace train comment?

Syren123
10-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Any friend of Ron Paul is a friend of ours!

Pure gold.

DJ RP
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Okay makes sense to me! I hope somebody has the clip recorded cause I wanna see it!

and I think courting the pundits is a GREAT idea. These are the people who can really speed up the awareness on a massive scale!

Omnis
10-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Correct me if I'm tragically mistaken, but I don't think "words of" is good English. I think "words regarding" would be much better.

hard@work
10-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Okay makes sense to me! I hope somebody has the clip recorded cause I wanna see it!

and I think courting the pundits is a GREAT idea. These are the people who can really speed up the awareness on a massive scale!

Taking democracy right to the 4th estate! Reclaiming the media is essential in restoring the Republic to the people.

I chipped in ;-)

SWATH
10-04-2007, 10:42 PM
There is no video clip, it was on her radio program, but I think you have to be a paying member of her site to get audio files of her program.

torchbearer
10-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Getting these flowers to her from the Forum collectively is also impressive, we are approaching her as an organized grassroots group.

Taco John
I still have a chip on my shoulder about Laura Ingraham painting Ron Paul supporters as whacko. It just drives me crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/v/aXwLs69HEwE&rel=1

Drknows
Women like lingerie and body oils.

hard@work
10-04-2007, 10:44 PM
I still have a chip on my shoulder about Laura Ingraham painting Ron Paul supporters as whacko. It just drives me crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/v/aXwLs69HEwE&rel=1

Yeah but you have to remember that we need to change that mentality across the board and convert a LOT of people who heard that message. Attacking that fallacy everywhere and anywhere is the way to change it.

MsDoodahs
10-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Those are far too personal - flowers are fine, though.

Dustancostine
10-04-2007, 11:08 PM
I heard the piece she did today and it was very good. She was talking about how there are a lot of traditional conservatives still out there and that Ron Paul is doing well because he is the closest to Reagan.

SWATH
10-04-2007, 11:12 PM
She said something like Ron Paul appeals to the real traditional conservatives who do not like getting involved in these foreign entanglements.

SWATH
10-04-2007, 11:13 PM
We should tell her that we need her help. She needs to know that we want her help.

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 11:34 PM
Bump!

qsecofr
10-04-2007, 11:43 PM
Great Idea!

You should see if you can include an Olive Branch clipping...

Perry
10-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Sorry Brian. The first time i saw Laura a few years back on Fox news i bought her flowers and it didn't get me anywhere.
I don't think she's changed with time.:D

hard@work
10-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Sorry Brian. The first time i saw Laura a few years back on Fox news i bought her flowers and it didn't get me anywhere.
I don't think she's changed with time.:D

Your flowers were weak. Ours will be powerful flowers.

:p

ValidusCustodiae
10-04-2007, 11:54 PM
hyjkl

ValidusCustodiae
10-04-2007, 11:55 PM
I get the peace train comment *now*, lol, I just watched her introduce Dr. Paul at Iowa again. Okay okay, perhaps it's not a plug, she might actually get a laugh out of it.

Ok look. As long as we keep pushing Ron Paul as hard as we can, he is a sure win. I will let you in on a little secret: what we are witnessing here is a snowball rolling down a hill. As it gains size and speed, it flattens anything in its way. There is one way to avoid being flattened, it's to beee the ball. Yep, jump on. We're talking katamari here folks.

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/jmiles/2007/06/25/we-love-katamari-4.jpg

So Dr. Ingraham has seen katamari before, and she saw the 3Q numbers and our giant peace train gettin ready to roll over her, and she was like aw damn its katamari... so she grabbed ahold.

In other words, she sees the winds a changin' and is gonna align herself with it.

I wouldn't be surprised, given what I've seen, if Bill O'Reilly starts to break soon.

Hahaha I bet the other candidates in both parties feel the pressure! They ALL know who Ron Paul is. He is the dark horse.

God bless Ron Paul!

ClockwiseSpark
10-05-2007, 12:19 AM
My thoughts here is that perhaps to bring out the good natured spirit of the campaign and the truth in the capability of our constitution that we not only throw flowers her way with a thank you note, but we issue her a deputization through a Letter of Marque and Reprisal for the Ron Paul grassroots movement. Perhaps an envelope with tradtional US stationary on old style parchment. As for whether or not it's a good idea, I leave that to you. I am unaware of how you guys are going to work out the logistics. But really happy that it's happening and if we can gauge success here perhaps we can continue this tactic elsewhere. And at any rate, as soon as I get my ChipIn email I'm donating!

I think that's an awesome idea. :D

wgadget
10-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Bump

angelatc
10-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Why hasn't a clip of what she said been posted? I mean we've had a lot of great coverage today I'm just wondering why she in particular gets gifts when most people haven't actually seen what she said?????

I thinkI am going to spend my money on joining her club. I hate to do that, but they give archives of the past 30 days.

MsDoodahs
10-05-2007, 07:00 AM
I get the peace train comment *now*, lol, I just watched her introduce Dr. Paul at Iowa again. Okay okay, perhaps it's not a plug, she might actually get a laugh out of it.

:) That's the idea.

I wouldn't be surprised, given what I've seen, if Bill O'Reilly starts to break soon.

:eek:

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Since maybe that cannot be achieved I wanted to throw out the idea that maybe we can send a powerful message as well. I stumbled upon this:

http://tinyurl.com/2j2r5a

A french letterhead (couldn't find US, don't know if one was written) for a Letter of Marque and Reprisal. Now if you recall at Ames she did joke about the peace train, but she did also discuss the letter of marque without clarifying to the audience that it is a constitutional solution to piracy (classical terrorism if you will).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aXwLs69HEwE

[/QUOTE]

This is a kick ass idea.

Brian - can this be added to the flowers (I understand you'll have to get this printed up and sent seperately perhaps, but wow what a great idea)?

What do you think?

rp08rp
10-05-2007, 08:03 AM
great idea

Dustancostine
10-05-2007, 08:08 AM
Another thing that I didn't know until yesterday was that Ingram was a clerk for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, so I am sure she has an appreciation of the Constitution.

torchbearer
10-05-2007, 08:49 AM
Let's do the letters of marque and reprisal separate....

Bryan
10-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks to everyone who has ChipIn! All it takes is a couple bucks to join in and make a difference here! Really, even $2 is great! :)

Correct me if I'm tragically mistaken, but I don't think "words of" is good English. I think "words regarding" would be much better.
Noted.

Let's do the letters of marque and reprisal separate....
I really like the idea but I'm tending to agree with this, keep it simple for now- this could be something to do next time, we need not stop with just this. :)

I did some quick checking, here is what I like for about what we have so far:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/80/71/6h/www.ftd.com/pics/products/C7-3061_c.jpg

We'll be able to afford "with a $20 upgrade of either more flowers or more expensive flowers added to the value of the arrangement."

Here's a less expensive alternative- we could afford this and another of the same price range:
http://a764.g.akamai.net/f/764/16742/1h/www.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/2461z.jpg

RTsquared
10-05-2007, 11:28 AM
I remember seeing somewhere where one of the organizers of the chip-in was requesting someplace to purchase the flowers.

Anyone know a florist friendly to RP? If so, wire the flowers to her.

It's been a while since I was in the florist biz, but you can walk into a local shop and send flowers anywhere in the US (at least) through one of the wire services (FTD, AFS, Carik, Redbook, Teleflora, etc.) The way it works is that the shop that takes the order collects the money and forwards 80% of the money collected to the wire service. They take off their 7% and send the other 73% to the florist that actually does the work. The florist on the other end is contractually bound to produce an arrangement that they would sell in their shop for whatever 100% of the total is.

If someone knows a RP-friendly forest, that florist could forgo the 20% "wiring fee" and send an order for one or more arrangements totaling 125% of the amount collected. He'll just have to send in the full amount of whatever was collected, and will be out the cost of a phone call to the florist.

Otherwise, find someone in the local area that trusts a florist and CALL THEM DIRECTLY yourself. You'll get more for your money because they're getting 100% of the arrangement price instead of 73%.

Big John

constituent
10-05-2007, 11:42 AM
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLE!!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE LAURA INGRAHAM RABBLE
RABBLE RABBLE DEBATE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!

sorry Bryan, couldn't help it.... great job folks!

Drknows
10-05-2007, 11:47 AM
those are some pretty flowers. hehe

hard@work
10-05-2007, 12:02 PM
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLE!!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE LAURA INGRAHAM RABBLE
RABBLE RABBLE DEBATE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!

sorry Bryan, couldn't help it.... great job folks!

Trey Parker? Is that you?

eloquensanity
10-05-2007, 12:11 PM

Yes I agree

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Throw in $5 - $10 please. This has been stuck at $100 for a long time now. Takes 2 minutes.

Revolution9
10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm going to get that sentence on a bumper sticker. ;)

You'll need a wraparound one!

Best
Randy

Revolution9
10-05-2007, 12:21 PM
I live in Atlanta. I can deliver in my Revolutionary War era tricorn, maroon and black velvet riding jacket, knee high riding boot, vest, shirt and scarf!

<hope they decline..I am effing busy>..but will do anything for the Good Doctor's rep.

Best
Randy

hard@work
10-05-2007, 12:27 PM
I live in Atlanta. I can deliver in my Revolutionary War era tricorn, maroon and black velvet riding jacket, knee high riding boot, vest, shirt and scarf!

<hope they decline..I am effing busy>..but will do anything for the Good Doctor's rep.

Best
Randy

hah! don't think it's a good idea to overwhelm her at a booksigning, but good to know we have someone out there with that gear!

Bryan
10-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I'll agree we should keep this one simple. Now if we do the Letter of Marque and Reprisal next time delivering in full period gear would be one heck of a youtube! :D

Randy, if you're game for the simple approach we could possible benefit from that. I've got a call in to the show producer, we'll see if he returns it in time.

Thanks!

constituent
10-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Trey Parker? Is that you?

hah! no, i'm just some loser from south texas.... but that
is hands down my favorite SouthParkism...

sooo appropriate here sometimes, but that's why i like
to throw it in at inappropriate times. i don't want to
mock people when they're seriously going back and
forth, so it is fun to throw it into a peaceful thread
like this one.... every now and then.

particularly when a senior mod like bryan or bradley start the
thread and request that it remain peaceful.

torchbearer
10-05-2007, 02:50 PM
where are we in the process of getting these flowers to our newest member on the peace train?

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Peope reading this thread : please donate $5 or $10 towards this.

IRO-bot
10-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Wouldn't it be great if we got publicity for sending the flowers? I like the first one. I gave that to my fiance once. She loved them.

purplechoe
10-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I threw in $25 yesterday. Come on people, it's barely over $100. $200 would be ideal.

torchbearer
10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Wouldn't it be great if we got publicity for sending the flowers? I like the first one. I gave that to my fiance once. She loved them.

I think we will get publicity for it... especially if we get it on video... doesn't CNN have a "news to me" kind of segment where you can submit news? Perhaps Cafferty would like to have a copy of the video, in fact, we should be getting that guy something too... he did a very good piece on CNN for Ron Paul, perhaps we can deputize him and Randy can present him a letter of marque and reprisal, I assume CNN studios is in Atlanta. Bring some cameras along... we will start making the news ourselves!!!!

BLS
10-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Bryan,

Where are we at on money for this? Are you planning on sending her a bunch of boquets, or just a ton of White Roses (you know "peace offering")?

I don't care either way all that much....just curious.

I'll donate...just would like to know where we're at.

Bryan
10-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Bryan,

Where are we at on money for this? Are you planning on sending her a bunch of boquets, or just a ton of White Roses (you know "peace offering")?

I don't care either way all that much....just curious.

I'll donate...just would like to know where we're at.

You can see the real-time total by visiting the chipin link- but we're at $103 + what I will put in to bump it up to the final purchase. I did some quick checking on what to get and posted it here, that is based on our current money. Preference seems to be with the one in the first picture:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=244173&postcount=53

If we get more, well be able to do more. :)

Thanks everyone! No word back yet from the producer :( so we may have to wait till Tuesday unless Saturday works out.

BLS
10-05-2007, 03:44 PM
You can see the real-time total by visiting the chipin link- but we're at $103 + what I will put in to bump it up to the final purchase. I did some quick checking on what to get and posted it here, that is based on our current money. Preference seems to be with the one in the first picture:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=244173&postcount=53

If we get more, well be able to do more. :)

Thanks everyone! No word back yet from the producer :( so we may have to wait till Tuesday unless Saturday works out.

That 1 boquet is all you can get for $100...holy crap.

Good thing I don't have a girlfriend anymore....geebus.

BLS
10-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Another $25 for the cause. Get her something that will flatter her and make her realize we are organized, motivated and good people!

ChipIn Event Title: Flowers for Laura Inghram
ChipIn Event Organizer: RonPaulForums.com (ronpaulforums@yahoo.com)

Transaction ID: 3d24240xxxxxxxxx
Contribution Amount: $25.00
Contribution Date: October 5, 2007 9:44 PM GMT

Bryan
10-05-2007, 04:03 PM
That 1 boquet is all you can get for $100...holy crap.

Good thing I don't have a girlfriend anymore....geebus.

Thanks for the ChipIn! On the price, we can do better after I shop around some and / or use a coupon... but yeah, not cheap. If anyone finds a great deal, post up!

hard@work
10-05-2007, 04:34 PM
spoofee.com

hit coupons :)

sylvania
10-05-2007, 06:02 PM
http://a764.g.akamai.net/f/764/16742/1h/www.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/16788.jpg

Large 49.99, Small 39.99

Click here (http://ww11.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=16788&dataset=1011&cm_cid=twhd1011)
__________________________________________________ __________
http://a764.g.akamai.net/f/764/16742/1h/www.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/2594v.jpg

With Clear Vase 49.99

Click Here (http://ww11.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=2594&dataset=1011&cm_cid=twhd1011)
__________________________________________________ ___________
http://a764.g.akamai.net/f/764/16742/1h/www.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/99916550yv.jpg

With Yellow Vase 47.98, With clear Vase 44.99

Click Here (http://ww11.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=16550&dataset=1011&cm_cid=twhd1011)
__________________________________________________ _____________
http://a764.g.akamai.net/f/764/16742/1h/www.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/16941l.jpg

Large 54.99, Small 44.99

Click Here (http://ww11.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=16941&dataset=1011&cm_cid=twhd1011)
http://a764.g.akamai.net/f/764/16742/1h/www.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/17311v.jpg

With Clear Vase, 39.99

Click Here (http://ww11.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=17311&dataset=1011&cm_cid=twhd1011)
More for around $40 - $50 can be found HERE (http://ww11.1800flowers.com/dataset.do?dataset=1011&cm_cid=whd%23) and adjust price for "Under $50"

I'm not sure if it's better to go with one big one or several smaller cheaper ones.

Coupon JC56 will save you 15% off. This should cover some of the delivery charges.

sylvania
10-05-2007, 06:08 PM
I will say the ones that Bryan posted look a lot "healthier" and more "robust" than the cheaper ones, so maybe that is a better way to go.

erowe1
10-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah, if we have $130, why would we buy something that's under $50?

sylvania
10-05-2007, 06:11 PM
I was thinking that several smaller bouquets may make a bigger impact than just one bouquet.

Think of her office with several bouquets versus just one bouquet.

But I don't know, it's a toss up - one big one or several smaller ones - which makes the bigger statement?

Bryan
10-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Good checking, of those I like the fourth the most (I've always liked mixed :))

Hard to say on the "which is better", I think it will depend what the final options are. I think one really big one would be great if we could get it for $170 (which is doable now)- but I haven't seen something that expensive and it would have to really be good. Else, one big one ($90ish) and two or more smaller ones ($40ish) could work. The total bouquets count should be one or three or more- two doesn't seem to make sense for some reason.

Stealth4
10-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Sometimes local flower shops are cheaper.

If you know the town where it will be delivered, perhaps message that meetup group for advice on a specific shop?

kylejack
10-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Frankly, going to an actual florist is always a much much better value than ordering online. I've gotten hosed every time, and it was never a good value. Of course, that would involve someone getting it local to her studio, or book signing or whatever.

hard@work
10-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Any word from the meetup group?

torchbearer
10-05-2007, 06:59 PM
I hope we get this done... I'm not even sure we have the location picked out for where we need to get these flowers..

Bryan
10-05-2007, 07:02 PM
I hope we get this done... I'm not even sure we have the location picked out for where we need to get these flowers..
It will get done- we've got good, usable options on the table as to where to buy but are still open for a better choice.

angelatc
10-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Frankly, going to an actual florist is always a much much better value than ordering online. I've gotten hosed every time, and it was never a good value. Of course, that would involve someone getting it local to her studio, or book signing or whatever.

All florists deliver. If yo pick one in the same zip code that her studio is in you'll be set.

I like the "white roses as a peace offering"

RCA
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
She's got pics of some of us on her website!

http://www.lauraingraham.com/freephotos?action=viewPhotoSet&photoSetID=133

http://www.lauraingraham.com/asklaura

steph3n
10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
cool!

RCA
10-05-2007, 09:27 PM
I just chipped in $10.

Confirmation Number: 6H301853SA802153Y.

I hope you get at least THREE bouquets with this money!

McDermit
10-05-2007, 09:28 PM
why is this such a huge thing? We got 10 flower/gift basket items to julie banderas within a couple hours of the idea being brought up... 3 of which I paid for myself. I don't understand what all the fuss is about this time? Just figure out where she will be and order something.

Perry
10-05-2007, 09:30 PM
We should tell her that we need her help. She needs to know that we want her help.

I have no worries about this. Laura is coming to believe. She's going to get on the bandwagon without any nudging from any of us just you watch.
I can sense it.:)

Bryan
10-05-2007, 09:49 PM
I just chipped in $10.

Confirmation Number: 6H301853SA802153Y.

I hope you get at least THREE bouquets with this money!
Excellent! Thanks. Great looking group in those pics... :)

why is this such a huge thing? We got 10 flower/gift basket items to julie banderas within a couple hours of the idea being brought up... 3 of which I paid for myself. I don't understand what all the fuss is about this time? Just figure out where she will be and order something.
It's not huge but people keep posting so here it is- no bumps even. :) We're going to get them to her ASAP- once we have a confirmation on the delivery location it will be done. :)

torchbearer
10-05-2007, 10:17 PM
If we can get video of the delivery... that would be the icing on the cake.

RCA
10-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Let's push this one to $200!

hard@work
10-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Martha Washington Geraniums:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/17/19713025_7f42c11d32.jpg

Might be a tough find though, but you know... it's the 1st 1st Lady.

;)

hard@work
10-05-2007, 11:58 PM
Oh also, I spoke with a friend of mine. He's also laid up in bedrest with an injury like me. I showed him this thread, he may be able to make us a "Letter of Marque" to print onto parchment. I'll post up if I get more info. He's a definately an RP supporter but I dont' know if he has the time. I'd imagine so since he can't really go anywhere hehe. I'm sure he has the skill though.

torchbearer
10-06-2007, 03:09 PM
updates?????

Bryan
10-06-2007, 03:22 PM
updates?????
Couldn't get a delivery address for Monday but I'll be working it hard them. We'll likely be going with 3-4 bouquets, one larger one and a few smaller. I'll be checking for the best deals but an open to more suggestions.

Last call for ChipIn! :)

DrNoZone
10-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Couldn't get a delivery address for Monday but I'll be working it hard them. We'll likely be going with 3-4 bouquets, one larger one and a few smaller. I'll be checking for the best deals but an open to more suggestions.

Last call for ChipIn! :)

Why not just one arrangement and then the remaining money's can go to the ad's in NH?

Bryan
10-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Why not just one arrangement and then the remaining money's can go to the ad's in NH?
People donated for flowers, and as hard@work would say, more will assure it gets noticed. :) To each his own- freedom is great. :)

Thanks.

Mr. White
10-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Cool idea. Wondering if directing news to this forum is wise though ;)

MsDoodahs
10-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Flowers and chocolate chip cookies instead of multiple arrangements?

Just a thought.

speciallyblend
10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Your flowers were weak. Ours will be powerful flowers.

:p

I LOVE THAT SWEET

torchbearer
10-06-2007, 04:57 PM
do you need some help on finding the location for Ingraham?

syborius
10-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Cool idea. Wondering if directing news to this forum is wise though ;)

that was my concern, this is one that should have been quiet. :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Bryan,

Are you sure you want to direct her to Ron Paul Forums? If she says anything about this on air, we'll have even more trolls than we do now. Couldn't we just say they were from Ron Paul supporters, or something like that?

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Flowers and chocolate chip cookies instead of multiple arrangements?

Just a thought.

Yup. Good idea. More than 1 flower arrangement is kinda creepy, guys.

Mr. White
10-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Creepy would be sending her lingerie and 'toys'.\\Multiple arrangments might just be 'weird.'

werdd
10-06-2007, 05:27 PM
laura is teh hawt

RCA
10-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Just say the flowers are from Ron Paul supporters.

Almost at $200!

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 06:26 PM
All florists deliver. If yo pick one in the same zip code that her studio is in you'll be set.

I like the "white roses as a peace offering"

Buy local every time. One, it's cheaper and two, the flowers are usually much nicer.

But, please only send one arrangement. Don't send several. That really is bordering on creepy.

Nefertiti
10-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Do flowers actually cost $200? I'm sorry but that is a colossal waste of money to spend on something that is going to die in a few days. I'd much prefer $200 worth of chocolate if it were something perishable!

hard@work
10-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Do flowers actually cost $200? I'm sorry but that is a colossal waste of money to spend on something that is going to die in a few days. I'd much prefer $200 worth of chocolate if it were something perishable!

Aside from just chocolate you have a small window of time to suggest something that will have as much or more impact.

DeadheadForPaul
10-06-2007, 06:58 PM
glad this is moving along

ps: dont put its from Ron Paul forums!!! jsut RP supporters

RCA
10-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Can somone push this to $200 please?

RCA
10-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Buy local every time. One, it's cheaper and two, the flowers are usually much nicer.

But, please only send one arrangement. Don't send several. That really is bordering on creepy.

I think one bouquet would be more creepy than three or four. One would be "normal/serious", three or four would be comical/inspiring.

If this ChipIn reaches $200, please try to get 4 bouquets @$50 each.

Thanks.

P.S. Don't forget the video!

tekkierich
10-06-2007, 08:52 PM
I went in for $5. Please keep the gift professional. Think of it as if it was a gift of appreciation to a female customer for the biggest account that your business has.

Karrl
10-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Why not flowers and chocolates?

RCA
10-06-2007, 09:17 PM
She probably won't eat anything from strangers, especially someone in her shoes. I sure wouldn't.

RCA
10-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Can anyone spare $16.70?

That's all it will take to reach $200!

frasu
10-06-2007, 10:32 PM
+20 for the 200 flower bouquet

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 10:35 PM
I think one bouquet would be more creepy than three or four. One would be "normal/serious", three or four would be comical/inspiring.

If this ChipIn reaches $200, please try to get 4 bouquets @$50 each.

Thanks.

P.S. Don't forget the video!

Are you a woman? I am. To me, getting a bunch of bouquets from some group of people that I don't know is bordering on creepy. One is nice. More than that, crosses the line. It also makes us look desperate.

RCA
10-06-2007, 10:40 PM
frasu,

Thanks for the final push!

:D

LibertyEagle,

No, I'm not a woman.

We sent 20 bouquets to Julie Banderas, what must she think of us?

MsDoodahs
10-06-2007, 10:44 PM
That Fox woman probably thinks we are nuts, lol.

Seriously, don't send multiple arrangements, just send one - for the reason LE stated.

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 10:46 PM
frasu,

No, I'm not a woman.

We sent 20 bouquets to Julie Banderas, what must she think of us?

Oh Geez. Well, I think I pretty well covered it above. Don't go overboard guys! Seriously.

frasu
10-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Also multiples of the same thing looks like spamming :)
One is classy and focused I would think... It's one love :)

hard@work
10-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Keep in mind we're talking a radio talk show host and sensationalist here. This isn't the same as a man giving you flowers because he is interested in you. This is a group of people recognizing someone doing something right and for the right reasons. One bouquet may just have a "geeeee... thaaanks ... put it over there..." effect. Several would be impossible to ignore.

DJ RP
10-06-2007, 11:01 PM
I think there is something a little creepy about flowers. I think chocolate chip cookies or something would be less weird. Like what would you send to a guy who had endorsed ron paul? flowers? nope... because it has a romantic subtext.

I say individual supporters all buying her cookies and other treats you could enjoy would be more powerful than one large buy from a 'group'. I think it looks more spontaneous and less needy.

Not trying to be negative by the way, I think the *idea* of rewarding people for positive RP coverage is an EXCELLENT one. But a ton of flowers might not give the right impression.

torchbearer
10-06-2007, 11:15 PM
Maybe we are over-thinking this... as a sociologist I realize symbolisms and their context, but, we are assuming for another persons actions like neocons assume Iraq will be a bloodbath in Iraq if we withdraw. I believe that any gesture will be seen as a positive gesture, even if we screw it up.... its still a show of support from Ron Paul supporters.

Thrice
10-07-2007, 12:19 AM
For some reason, sending multiple bouquets along with a spam joke seems like a combination that could either be complimentary and charming or quirky and flat out weird (I know that the OP is just flowers, but the mentioning of spam made me lol.) Even just flowers seems rather hit or miss, but nice intentions nonetheless.

A card might have been a better idea, haha.

angelatc
10-07-2007, 12:49 AM
Are you a woman? I am. To me, getting a bunch of bouquets from some group of people that I don't know is bordering on creepy. One is nice. More than that, crosses the line. It also makes us look desperate.

I thought about that. I know that she's a "dog person" and briefly thought about something in that genre, but decided it's too "stalkerish."

angelatc
10-07-2007, 12:52 AM

Hey! That's the Chicago group! I couldn't make it that night - kids had too much homework.

It wasn't a "protest" it was a "greet!"

Nash
10-07-2007, 03:09 AM
I think there is something a little creepy about flowers. I think chocolate chip cookies or something would be less weird. Like what would you send to a guy who had endorsed ron paul? flowers? nope... because it has a romantic subtext.

If we send her something edible she'll figure we're trying to poison her.

LizF
10-07-2007, 03:43 AM
How about one of Ron Paul's books?

http://www.amazon.com/Foreign-Policy-Freedom-Commerce-Friendship/dp/0912453001/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0743127-9386420?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191749850&sr=8-1

It would be funny if she actually read it and ended up liking it enough to either invite RP to her show to discuss it, and/or add to her reading list:
http://www.lauraingraham.com/agnosticchart;jsessionid=02431954B4F85D911A9474AE2 0E808F6?charttype=minichart&chartID=18&formatID=1&size=300&useMiniChartID=true&destinationpage=/pg/jsp/favorites/books.jsp

deedles
10-07-2007, 03:52 AM
a singing telegram?

Nefertiti
10-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Aside from just chocolate you have a small window of time to suggest something that will have as much or more impact.

Yes, send the $200 to Ethiopia or some other poor country. $200 is more than the per capita income in several countries. I'm sure that someone in those countries would appreciate it a lot more than Ms. Ingraham will appreciate a $200 bouquet of flowers. And yes I am half serious. It's wasteful spending like this that makes me embarrassed to be American sometimes. Americans have no sense of priorities.

Or if you insist, send her one of those edible bouquets. You can get quite a nice one for about $60 and she can share it with the other people in her studio. It's pricey for fruit but at least it can be eaten:

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/

But collecting $200 for a bunch of flowers? That borders on a scam. I'm sure you have plenty of money to buy her a bunch of flowers if you want, nobody needs to chip in any more.

steph3n
10-07-2007, 05:19 AM
edible seems like a good thing :)

TooConservative
10-07-2007, 05:41 AM
This is a very nice gesture, one she will appreciate.

She had a bout with cancer a few years back and her engagement was broken. She had gotten kind of a hard edge and was kind of depressed and cynical about it all. She has since taken a new more affirming view of her own life and of people in general. I think it was a life-changing experience. And that is probably why she is kinder to Ron Paul and his supporters than the other hardcore Republican radio hosts.

Her book is in part about the struggles she's had and how she's emerged from it stronger and happier.

TooConservative
10-07-2007, 06:00 AM
You guys could have some fun and send a Strip-O-Gram to Mark Levin. Use a male stripper dressed as a construction worker who asks him about his car pulling up to the curb illegally. Have the stripper use the music "Baby Don't Hurt Me" which is Levin's theme for callers he hates like liberals or antiwar folk. On the stripper's thong, have a large Ron Paul campaign pin.

Levin likes telling his followers to call and harass congressional offices regularly. It's an abuse of the phone system and is a deliberate attempt to use public airwaves simply to harass public officials, not to communicate about policy or any legitimate use.

RCA
10-07-2007, 06:53 AM
bump

mavtek
10-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Well $211 is raised I suggest we send her a nice bouqet with chocolates and a "Foreign Policy of Freedom".

hard@work
10-07-2007, 10:55 AM
I guess there was no luck with the meetup group? Any info there?

angelatc
10-07-2007, 11:06 AM
You guys could have some fun and send a Strip-O-Gram to Mark Levin. Use a male stripper dressed as a construction worker who asks him about his car pulling up to the curb illegally.

Let's use a tranny.

Bryan
10-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I really like the book idea, particularly a Foreign Policy of Freedom but for this time I think we should just keep it simple. Gifts can keep coming however as seen fit. The problem with multiple items is coordinating the delivery (be it cookies, a book, etc)- it makes it way harder.

No luck with the Atlanta meet-up but once I get the location I will find work to find a local place to custom make one over-sized bouquet. :)

Thanks to everyone who chipped in, this is going to be a success. I will for sure keep everyone posted on the details as they happen.

Bryan
10-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Everything is set; I got the address and found a real nice local florist who is doing a custom single bouquet set for an 8:30 AM delivery tomorrow morning. The early morning delivery was $20 and the total for the flowers was $230. I've also offered her staff a bonus for pictures e-mailed to me with the following schedule:

- Photo of the final arrangement - $10
- Photo of arrangement and shown at final delivery location - $15
- Photo of final arrangement and the arrangement with Laura - $25

I updated the note for the grammatical fix but after some debate, I left our URL in it since it was in it originally and we need to stand for who we are, not hide. :) Besides, what's the worst that can happen? This place is getting a little boring, we need some new life in here. :D Just kidding on the boring part of course... :)

cac1963
10-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Everything is set; I got the address and found a real nice local florist who is doing a custom single bouquet set for an 8:30 AM delivery tomorrow morning. The early morning delivery was $20 and the total for the flowers was $230. I've also offered her staff a bonus for pictures e-mailed to me with the following schedule:

I updated the note for the grammatical fix but after some debate, I left our URL in it since it was in it originally and we need to stand for who we are, not hide. :) Besides, what's the worst that can happen? This place is getting a little boring, we need some new life in here. :D Just kidding on the boring part of course... :)

Nice. Good job.

BLS
10-08-2007, 01:38 PM

Thank God. Good call on the incentive based photo ops too. Smart thinking.
Now I suppose I'm going to have to listen to her show tomorrow to see if she mentions it at all.

hard@work
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Crossing fingers. If this works we have a template to follow. If it doesn't work, we can be proud for trying.

wolv275
10-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Well $211 is raised I suggest we send her a nice bouqet with chocolates and a "Foreign Policy of Freedom".

I like that idea allot, but not sure if the flower shop would do that, unless you sent the book to the flower shop and they would do you the favor?

frasu
10-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Very nice.

speciallyblend
10-09-2007, 07:51 AM
I want update ASAP hehe

BIG_J
10-09-2007, 07:57 AM
uuuppppddaattee NOW!

speciallyblend
10-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Ron Paul forums RULE

OOYEAH DONT FORGET RONPAULRADIO.COM and RONPAUL2008.COM

purplechoe
10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
So, did this get done today?

kylejack
10-09-2007, 01:51 PM
UPDATE. Por favor. ;)

purplechoe
10-09-2007, 05:44 PM
bump

mavtek
10-09-2007, 06:14 PM
I doubt she got them she was in LA.

Bryan
10-09-2007, 07:09 PM
The update is really sorry- the net result is that I'm going to have to give everyone their money back. Why? Here's the full story- Friday I called and talked to the receptionist at Talk Radio Network, told her what we wanted to do and got transferred to leave a message. My call was not returned by Monday at lunch so I call back, talk to a different receptionist, tell her the story, she puts me on hold and comes back with an address. I again ask her very explicitly that she will be there tomorrow and get no negative response. They didn't tell me she was going to be in LA or anything like that- which I would of expected since I was clear that we were sending flowers for her. I just don't understand why they wouldn't want to give me good information but basically the whole thing was a complete waste of $250 (plus the $20 tip I'm giving the florist who was wonderful). I've been very distraught since finding out the news via an e-mail from the florist this afternoon (below- which I verified with Talk Radio Network) since I certainly feel responsible for the loss (who else could be?) and blew the whole opportunity. I'm really, really bummed right now for letting everyone down- that's worse then the money. If anyone that's in wanted to go for a second attempt with what is already collected via a hand delivery at one of the book signings that could still work but there will be more risk of failure due to a smaller delivery window- I could not afford to eat that cost. So I'm going to e-mail everyone who donated to see what their preference is- I also need to find out who has a premiere paypal account so I can add to cover those fees. I'm sorry everyone.

-----------------------

Bryan,

Your floral order was delivered at 8:25 am to the Talk Radio Network as requested. Upon delivery we
were informed Laura Ingraham was out of state on a book tour and corporate
offices were called and they said she would not be back in town anytime soon. They refused to let
us take any photographs of the flowers in the office or outside their office. We attempted
all of your requests and did deliver the arrangement to the office. We will send a photograph of the arrangement to you,
but know that we could not successfully attain all the photos you requested.

Thank you

hard@work
10-10-2007, 11:56 AM
hmmmmmmmm ...

Bryan, I thought about my response for quite some time (at least one or two minutes) in deep deliberation of the situation (I was sipping coffee thinking about posting a Homer Simpson doh! picture). After much deep thought I've come to the conclusion that we must not only recover from our newbieness but we must act on this lesson.

My proposal:

[Operation Flower Drop]

Create a network of activists to coordinate flower bombing nationally.

Requirements:

Project Leads and Coordinators

Project leads will be responsible for herding cats: making contacts, soliciting donations, soliciting strategies from the community, tracking and responding with results of successful flower drops.

1-2 Contacts per region (meetup group preferable if available)

Regional contacts can creatively find ways to flower drop. It does not require more than $10 to buy flowers or a card and show up at a media icon's event or office. We can do this much more efficiently and nationally from this perspective.

Timeline:

Phase one: Identify Project Leads (I volunteer you hah!)
Phase two: Expedient brainstorming on strategy (who, what, when, where to flower drop)
Phase three: Establish network of activists
Phase four: Present strategy to activist network and measure support for the program.
Phase five: Flower drop regional media targets.
Phase six: Measure results, report results, establish new strategic targets.

Just my 2 minute thoughts. I appreciate your effort.

hard@work
10-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Already asked San Diego meetup:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/93/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3646995&lastpage=yes#11974237

Hope they catch it, not very much traffic on the boards there they do everything by email.

:(

Bryan
10-10-2007, 12:22 PM
hmmmmmmmm ...

Bryan, I thought about my response for quite some time (at least one or two minutes) in deep deliberation of the situation (I was sipping coffee thinking about posting a Homer Simpson doh! picture). After much deep thought I've come to the conclusion that we must not only recover from our newbieness but we must act on this lesson.

My proposal:

[Operation Flower Drop]

Create a network of activists to coordinate flower bombing nationally.

Requirements:

Project Leads and Coordinators

Project leads will be responsible for herding cats: making contacts, soliciting donations, soliciting strategies from the community, tracking and responding with results of successful flower drops.

1-2 Contacts per region (meetup group preferable if available)

Regional contacts can creatively find ways to flower drop. It does not require more than $10 to buy flowers or a card and show up at a media icon's event or office. We can do this much more efficiently and nationally from this perspective.

Timeline:

Phase one: Identify Project Leads (I volunteer you hah!)
Phase two: Expedient brainstorming on strategy (who, what, when, where to flower drop)
Phase three: Establish network of activists
Phase four: Present strategy to activist network and measure support for the program.
Phase five: Flower drop regional media targets.
Phase six: Measure results, report results, establish new strategic targets.

Just my 2 minute thoughts. I appreciate your effort.

Thanks. After some deliberation, I'm not going to give up- I like your Operation Flower Drop idea, a whole flower network- we can really put something behind this:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/bryanxt/ronpaulrev.jpg

kylejack
10-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks. After some deliberation, I'm not going to give up- I like your Operation Flower Drop idea, a whole flower network- we can really put something behind this:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa194/bryanxt/ronpaulrev.jpg

OH SWEET JESUS.

hard@work
10-10-2007, 12:24 PM
[Operation Flower Drop] lives!!!

Bryan - think you can help me with the SD meetup group? I have no clout with them, I haven't been able to attend anything. You're the RP forums admin - you have clout with everyone. I'll be happy to pay for the flowers if they can do it here.

frasu
10-10-2007, 01:22 PM
so after all, is Laura Ingraham getting flowers or not?

btw, nice idea of using the banksy graphic...

angelatc
10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
http://lauraingraham.com/agnosticchart?charttype=minichart&chartID=44&formatID=1&useMiniChartID=true&destinationpage=/pg/jsp/general/booktour.jsp

This is her schedule, you Ron Paul bouquet stalkers.

hopeforamerica
10-10-2007, 01:53 PM
http://lauraingraham.com/agnosticchart?charttype=minichart&chartID=44&formatID=1&useMiniChartID=true&destinationpage=/pg/jsp/general/booktour.jsp

This is her schedule, you Ron Paul bouquet stalkers.

Dang, she is going to be in Phoenix tomorrow!!! It's a very far drive for me though? Any Phoenix members on here that live near Desert Ridge?

xerxesdarius
10-10-2007, 02:50 PM
All,

I have replied that I can do it as follows:

I can go visit her. I work as an attorney in Mission Valley and will be well dressed and well spoken. Do we have any money for this? We should have someone else come along also to take a photo. If it is a book signing, it would be polite to purchase her book and ask for her to sign it, which I don't mind picking up the cost. Let me know...

So, any more donations? Lets get this done!

hard@work
10-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Success!

"

Adam,

I can go visit her. I work as an attorney in Mission Valley and will be well dressed and well spoken. Do we have any money for this? We should have someone else come along also to take a photo. If it is a book signing, it would be polite to purchase her book and ask for her to sign it, which I don't mind picking up the cost. Let me know..."

Bryan, I offered to PayPal funds. I'll cover it regardless - but do we have anything left from chipin to send? This is from an SD meetup member.

Tidewise
10-10-2007, 03:10 PM
All,

I work as an attorney in Mission Valley and will be well dressed and well spoken.

Right on - another SD attorney for Ron Paul! I actually emailed you on this through our Meetup group, but I don't think my emails are going through successfully. I am suited up today, too and will try to make it. What time will you be there?

kickzman
10-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Get a copy of her book as well and get her to sign it.

I wouldn't go thaaat far.. We want to thank her, not make her rich, besides who knows whats in her book? It could be anti-Paul.

hard@work
10-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh hey looks like he's found the forums. And we have two attorneys from SD? Serendipity indeed!

Guys - I can paypal funds for the flowers. Just need a way to get cash to you ...

xerxesdarius
10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Right on - another SD attorney for Ron Paul! I actually emailed you on this through our Meetup group, but I don't think my emails are going through successfully. I am suited up today, too and will try to make it. What time will you be there?

..to finalize arrangements. xerxesdarius at yahoo.com I am waiting for a call from Adam for final arrangements also.

xerxesdarius
10-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Adam,

You can paypal to xerxesdarius at yahoo.com or just order from Allen's flowers (I would prefer this). I have always had good luck with them, very high quality arrangements. http://www.allensflowers.com/AboutUs.asp

Two attorneys, a book, a camera, some brief thanks, and a bouquet.

Bryan
10-10-2007, 03:26 PM
All,

I have replied that I can do it as follows:

I can go visit her. I work as an attorney in Mission Valley and will be well dressed and well spoken. Do we have any money for this? We should have someone else come along also to take a photo. If it is a book signing, it would be polite to purchase her book and ask for her to sign it, which I don't mind picking up the cost. Let me know...

Most excellent. Yes, we have the donations- I'll PM with some details...

ronpaulfan
10-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I was nice to her to. In "Ron Paul Killed The Radio Star (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_shlSn3-tdE)", I used to have a big red X over her. I took it out and replaced it with Rush Limbaugh :p

hard@work
10-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Most excellent. Yes, we have the donations- I'll PM with some details...

I'm supposed to make a purchase in the next 15 minutes Bryan - I was going to solo this but if there's anything left over we don't need to spend $100 on this. Just enough for a simple bouquet. Also what's it supposed to say again?

hard@work
10-10-2007, 03:33 PM
As a side note: I had to explain to my girlfriend just now why I was buying flowers for another woman.

Thought you might get a chuckle out of that.

hard@work
10-10-2007, 03:37 PM
http://www.allensflowers.com/product.asp?id=167950

That's in my budget, any of these and we'd need chipin dollars to make up for the rest:

http://www.allensflowers.com/category.asp?rcid=98969

Tidewise
10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm supposed to make a purchase in the next 15 minutes Bryan - I was going to solo this but if there's anything left over we don't need to spend $100 on this. Just enough for a simple bouquet. Also what's it supposed to say again?
Guys, we are not proposing to her. I would think that whatever bouquet we get for $100 is going to be overboard.

How about for a message: Thank you for your fair treatment of presidential candidate Ron Paul. Yours is a brave voice against the mainstream media current, and will be sure to gain you a greater following with time. Power to the People!

[Note - the last sentence is the title of her book]

hard@work
10-10-2007, 03:53 PM
http://teleflora.edgesuite.net/images/products/HWE_167950.jpg

Waiting for pickup. San Diego meetup members coming through last minute!

:-D

Bryan if you're reading this can you confirm the message for the card? David is waiting on that one piece, he's getting the flowers @ 5:30 and will need it. I didn't want to wait on chipin info, I just took care of it. If there are any funds available for reimbursement let me know, I chip'd in twice for this hehe. If not nooooo big deal at all bud I'm happy to help.

Good luck guys! Put on a good show for Ron Paul!

torchbearer
10-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Whoa, did I miss something? We got special ops out on the west coast? Hi-tech Grassroot Brigade. Same Division as the Laptop Brigade.

hard@work
10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Whoa, did I miss something? We got special ops out on the west coast? Hi-tech Grassroot Brigade. Same Division as the Laptop Brigade.

We do.

Mani
10-10-2007, 04:21 PM
We do.

I'm sure you'll let us know how it goes. Can't wait to find out.

Bryan
10-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Bryan if you're reading this can you confirm the message for the card? David is waiting on that one piece, he's getting the flowers @ 5:30 and will need it. I didn't want to wait on chipin info, I just took care of it. If there are any funds available for reimbursement let me know, I chip'd in twice for this hehe. If not nooooo big deal at all bud I'm happy to help.
PM sent! Sorry if it's late...

Guys, we are not proposing to her. I would think that whatever bouquet we get for $100 is going to be overboard.

How about for a message: Thank you for your fair treatment of presidential candidate Ron Paul. Yours is a brave voice against the mainstream media current, and will be sure to gain you a greater following with time. Power to the People!

[Note - the last sentence is the title of her book]
We have available whatever people put in, they could see the total before they added in so if they thought $100 was enough they didn't need to add to it. In this way of freedom everyone gets to say what is overboard. The original message that everyone agreed to when contributing was as below, but if those who contributed agreed to change it that's fine too. I do like the "Power to the People!" line, that is of course what the Constitution is suppose to be all about. :)

-------------

Dear Laura,

Our community thanks you for your kind words regarding our hero and inspiration, Dr. Ron Paul. We stand with you in cherishing our freedom to discuss important matters of our country even when we disagree. We hope that you can accept these flowers as a mark of our appreciation for what you do as we all strive to uphold the Constitution and traditional Republican conservative values.

In liberty,

Tidewise
10-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Dear Laura,

Our community thanks you for your kind words regarding our hero and inspiration, Dr. Ron Paul. We stand with you in cherishing our freedom to discuss important matters of our country even when we disagree. We hope that you can accept these flowers as a mark of our appreciation for what you do as we all strive to uphold the Constitution and traditional Republican conservative values.

In liberty,

Better than mine for sure. Nice! Except, Meetup is helping with this, too. Should we say "... at RonPaulForums.com and San Diego Ron Paul Meetup Group"?

hard@work
10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Better than mine for sure. Nice! Except, Meetup is helping with this, too. Should we say "... at RonPaulForums.com and San Diego Ron Paul Meetup Group"?

I think so, up to them though.

Bryan
10-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks. Yeah, that was the original so, it's up to them. :)

torchbearer
10-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Make the changes to include everyone and add Power to the People!

hard@work
10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Okay, got off the line with Dave from the San Diego meetup. He's got it all handled now, we're golden! I'll email him really quick about that Torch.

speciallyblend
10-10-2007, 05:44 PM
I WANT UPDATES ASAP SWEET. I think this is a great move;)

xerxesdarius
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I will post photos and an account later tonight...

Dave

ronpaulyourmom
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
friggin awesome guys

hard@work
10-10-2007, 05:52 PM
We'll have them hopefully tonight, definitely tomorrow.

torchbearer
10-10-2007, 05:52 PM
'We the people' rock!

hard@work
10-10-2007, 06:06 PM
I just called a contact in Phoenix. I'm going to see if we can catch her in Phoenix or Tucson in the next few days too.

Marshall
10-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Maryland isn't on her tour, so I guess I'll have to sit back and watch. However, for you New Yorkers, she is coming to town.

torchbearer
10-10-2007, 06:26 PM
This is a great plan.. we should target other pro-paul pundits and show them some love like this too.... If the media starts singing Ron Paul's praises... our victory is assured.
The real war hear is waged in the minds... and in the hearts...

hard@work
10-10-2007, 06:43 PM
This is a great plan.. we should target other pro-paul pundits and show them some love like this too.... If the media starts singing Ron Paul's praises... our victory is assured.
The real war hear is waged in the minds... and in the hearts...

Bryan and I discussed this today. Waiting on results for tonight and we'll be brainstorming more tomorrow.

Just spoke with that contact in Phoenix. Soon as we started talking he went off on how he's been hanging up Ron Paul signs all around town hahaha ... I love it!

He's going to check this thread tonight and hopefully he can get in contact with his meetup to greet Laura in Phoenix. The book signing is down the street from his house!

torchbearer
10-10-2007, 06:54 PM
It almost feels like destiny... I'm getting sappy now... but gosh- I love you guys. You are freakin' brilliant.

torchbearer
10-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Bryan and I discussed this today. Waiting on results for tonight and we'll be brainstorming more tomorrow.

Just spoke with that contact in Phoenix. Soon as we started talking he went off on how he's been hanging up Ron Paul signs all around town hahaha ... I love it!

He's going to check this thread tonight and hopefully he can get in contact with his meetup to greet Laura in Phoenix. The book signing is down the street from his house!

Is there whole meet-up group going? More the merrier. ;) A whole posse of Ron Paul supporters to give Laura a big group hug.

xerxesdarius
10-10-2007, 06:56 PM
Gentlemen,

I have the flowers, they are beautiful. The card is tiny, though. Two sentences max, and I have to hand write it. Give me your inspiration. If I can't get a good consensus in about 20 minutes, I will write this:

Dear Laura,

We thank you for your kind words about our hero and inspiration, Dr. Ron Paul. Please accept these flowers and our thanks for upholding traditional Republican values.

Your friendsat RonPaulForums.com and the San Diego RP Meetup

Mr. White
10-10-2007, 06:57 PM
lose the forum address, the news doesn't need to see this.

Say Ron Paul supporters nationwide, organized through the San Diego meetup

torchbearer
10-10-2007, 07:02 PM
"Dear Laura,

Our community thanks you for your kind words regarding our hero and inspiration, Dr. Ron Paul. We stand with you in cherishing our freedom to discuss important matters of our country even when we disagree. We hope that you can accept these flowers as a mark of our appreciation for what you do as we all strive to uphold the Constitution and traditional Republican conservative values. Power to the people!

In liberty,
Your friends at RonPaulForums.com and the San Diego Meetup"

hard@work
10-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Is there whole meet-up group going? More the merrier. ;) A whole posse of Ron Paul supporters to give Laura a big group hug.

Doubtful, but who knows. This is all spur of the moment. I have no idea who went tonight but I'm going to assume it was just two individuals. Who I have never met and just spontaneously received assistance from.

Guys - you have no idea how powerful our network of volunteers is. I am in a way grateful the flower drop missed in Atlanta. Just the fact that we were able to react and get support in a city a thousand miles away from so spontaneously? Absolutely incredible. So here's to hoping Laura likes our flowers!

kylejack
10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
It doesn't matter where you go, anywhere in the country. We will HUNT YOU DOWN AND GIVE YOU FLOWERS! Now someone post the Banksy picture, QUICK. FIRE IN THE HOLE!

hard@work
10-10-2007, 09:26 PM
It doesn't matter where you go, anywhere in the country. We will HUNT YOU DOWN AND GIVE YOU FLOWERS! Now someone post the Banksy picture, QUICK. FIRE IN THE HOLE!

I actually talked to Bryan today about the implications of this. We could be seeing a real cultural revolution in what we do in politics. Think about the rural folk - grannies baking their age old chocolate chip recipes to be delivered directly to the local radio jockeys on behalf of Ron Paul. They just might do that, and you know ... man fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies? If there is one bribe that is more powerful than money it is a chocolate chip democracy cookie made with gooey goodness and love.

michaelwise
10-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Supercalafragalisticexpialadoshis. I don't know what to say. That woman is getting flowers weather she likes it or not. What an organization we have here. In times of great natural disaster, this Ron Paul organization could be a great national asset. We can probably respond faster than FEMA.

Bryan
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
We can probably respond faster than FEMA.

LOL :D :D :D :D :D LOL

LibertyEagle
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
lose the forum address, the news doesn't need to see this.

Say Ron Paul supporters nationwide, organized through the San Diego meetup

I've got to agree. Do we really want to attract more attention to this Forum? I don't think so.

hard@work
10-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Supercalafragalisticexpialadoshis. I don't know what to say. That woman is getting flowers weather she likes it or not. What an organization we have here. In times of great natural disaster, this Ron Paul organization could be a great national asset. We can probably respond faster than FEMA.

Actually the people DID respond faster than FEMA. But instead of rallying us the government told us to stay away. If they had rallied us we all would have gone in and saved that city. Instead of the sad picture of a nation divided by race, you would have seen ten thousand white folk standing with ten thousand black folk together in the name of humanity. I was ready to go. Instead they exported the citizenry across the country. I'll stop there before I rant.

;)

Bryan
10-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I think it of value that for any action taken that there be some identified group behind it be it a meet-up, us here or who-ever. I say this for several reasons:
- It shows true organized support for Dr. Paul and that we're not just a few kids in someone's basement.
- It removes any secrecy to them- just saying "from Ron Paul supporters" makes them wonder- this at least gives them a chance to understand who it is from.

The point of being public on the web is to attract attention. Also, Josh and I hand approve all new members (hence the reduction of spam here) so that keeps things at bay. It's not like we're already not being watched...

My fiat $0.02. YMMV.

hard@work
10-10-2007, 10:10 PM
- It shows true organized support for Dr. Paul and that we're not just a few kids in someone's basement.

Agreed.

It's not like we're already not being watched...

WHO SENT YOU?!?

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3346/austingy2.jpg

xerxesdarius
10-11-2007, 12:56 AM
All,

Flowers were delivered, very positive response. I will forward the details to Adam tomorrow as well as some great photos. This was a good thing...and I had her sign the book "To Ron Paul". It is a great story, watch for it.

tekkierich
10-11-2007, 01:07 AM
All,

Flowers were delivered, very positive response. I will forward the details to Adam tomorrow as well as some great photos. This was a good thing...and I had her sign the book "To Ron Paul". It is a great story, watch for it.

Great work. I am anxious to see the detailed report in the morning!

Score one for Ron Paul.

Marshall
10-11-2007, 09:26 AM
bump for an update

kylejack
10-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Pics ASAP.

dsentell
10-11-2007, 10:11 AM
bump for update please...

xerxesdarius
10-11-2007, 10:57 AM
I sent the pics and details to Adam to post. If it is not up by 2:00 or so, I will do my best to get the early account up.

speciallyblend
10-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I sent the pics and details to Adam to post. If it is not up by 2:00 or so, I will do my best to get the early account up.

I want pics,I want You Tube Video, I want transcripts.I want audio recordings:):):) HEHE TEASING ASAP:) I DEMAND MSM COVERAGE:) hehehe

hard@work
10-11-2007, 11:09 AM
I just got into work and will check my email shortly

;-)

hard@work
10-11-2007, 11:29 AM
OKay got everything, it's AMAZING! I'll compose a seperate post shortly as well as update this thread. You'll all have to wait biting nails for a while, I was late after an appointment this morning and have a lot to catch up on!

Finally I'm not on the receiving end of waiting for information haha !

Nice job Dave, amazing job.

;-)

Marshall
10-11-2007, 12:27 PM
OKay got everything, it's AMAZING! I'll compose a seperate post shortly as well as update this thread. You'll all have to wait biting nails for a while, I was late after an appointment this morning and have a lot to catch up on!

Finally I'm not on the receiving end of waiting for information haha !

Nice job Dave, amazing job.

;-)

do need fotos!

Danny Molina
10-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Send them out before they die.

purplechoe
10-11-2007, 12:33 PM
I look forward to seeing & hearing how it went.

speciallyblend
10-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I need my fix hehe,patiently waiting while i RON PAUL it 2008:)

reduen
10-11-2007, 12:42 PM
This is such a wonderfull idea. :) We should do stuff like this all the time...

hard@work
10-11-2007, 01:21 PM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24412

We're just getting started folks. The grassroots is going to become the most powerful lobby in America.

As intended by the founders no less.

;)