PDA

View Full Version : #2 result when people google Ron Paul...

uncloned21
10-04-2007, 09:03 PM
is the wikipedia.org entry and it could use some work. Unfortunately, I cannot make any changes without an established account. Changes that should be made include:

*Changing the photo to something newer and neater, such as this: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/Ron_Paul_Photo_4.jpg

*Adding new information about the progress of his campaign.

Please check the history board and see that some of these changes have been attempted but were reverted due to improper procedures.

0zzy
10-04-2007, 09:04 PM
i have an account (its free) but dono how to change photo

uncloned21
10-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Because this is a high-profile page, you have to have a longer history of following the wikipedia rules to make any changes to it.

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I'll work on it.

EDIT: Do you know what license that picture is distributed under?

Richie
10-04-2007, 09:14 PM
The old picture is back! YUCK! The one you're linking to was on the Wiki for a brief period of time. Maybe there's some licensing issues or something. Is there a way to find out why it was changed back?

uncloned21
10-04-2007, 09:15 PM
The old picture is back! YUCK! The one you're linking to was on the Wiki for a brief period of time. Maybe there's some licensing issues or something. Is there a way to find out why it was changed back?

Tom (Talk | contribs) (90,252 bytes) (Undid revision 162180925 by Markifur (talk) - don't add unsourced images to articles)

foofighter20x
10-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Does anyone have a good picture that they took themselves?

brandon
10-04-2007, 09:16 PM

Most likely the guiliani campaign hired somone to disrupt the page.

haha j/k (kind of)

uncloned21
10-04-2007, 09:17 PM
"This image or media is claimed to be used under Wikipedia's policy for non-free content but has no explanation as to why it is permitted under the policy. Non-free images need a rationale each time they are used in an article. A rationale must be included on this image description page. Unless at least one rationale is provided, the image will be deleted after Friday, 12 October 2007. Please remove this template if a rationale is provided.

Note that the boilerplate copyright tags do not by themselves constitute a rationale."

0zzy
10-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Tom (Talk | contribs) (90,252 bytes) (Undid revision 162180925 by Markifur (talk) - don't add unsourced images to articles)

It's the official campaign picture. MArkifur is a fool! :)

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 09:20 PM
"It's the official campaign picture. MArkifur is a fool! "

Can you provide me with a source?

uncloned21
10-04-2007, 09:21 PM
It's the official campaign picture. MArkifur is a fool! :)

What do you have to do to make sure someone doesnt change it again?

walt
10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Linkbomb these sites with your blogs and del.icio.us. Do it enough and they'll rise about wikepedia. Be sure to use "Ron Paul President 2008" in your anchor text / tags.

www.house.gov/paul/
www.ronpaul.org/
www.myspace.com/ronpaul2008
www.youtube.com/profile?user=RonPaul2008dotcom especially this one.
http://dailypaul.com/

If you have self hosted wordpress I can help you even more with these goals - IM me.

TechnoGuyRob
10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
What do you have to do to make sure someone doesnt change it again?

Provide a source from Ron Paul.

dircha
10-04-2007, 09:30 PM
is the wikipedia.org entry and it could use some work. Unfortunately, I cannot make any changes without an established account. Changes that should be made include:

*Changing the photo to something newer and neater, such as this: http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/Ron_Paul_Photo_4.jpg

*Adding new information about the progress of his campaign.

Please check the history board and see that some of these changes have been attempted but were reverted due to improper procedures.

Having an established account won't help. You just need to take the time to follow the community process.

Announce your intention to make changes on the Discussion page. Explain what changes you intend to make and why you believe they will benefit the article.

If there is no negative feedback in several days, then make the changes, and if you haven't said anything POV or too controversial, and have references, then you're set!

It just takes patience.

walt
10-04-2007, 09:33 PM
wikipedia will always have crap and trolls, push the other entries up. :)