PDA

View Full Version : Right Wingers: What if...

Ethek
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Gadsden Union: What if... People had Better Self Worth (http://gadsdenunion.ning.com/profiles/blogs/what-if-people-had-better-self)

I made a blog post to circulate on some lists that I frequent with some 'right wingers'. I feel it makes some good inroads on the neocon argument for WAR. My history with these right wingers is that I've been very well thought and methotical in softening their positions on libertarian philosphy.

Today I attacked 'thier war' but at the same I thought they needed a little reassurance and perhaps some acknowledgement of thier worries. I would appreciate any feedback so I can tailor my argument.

excerpt,

To extend the logic that you do not have rights unless you have the means (military force) to protect them. You only have the authority to assert military force as a direct response to force used on you. No perceived threat can substitute for your responsibility to have proper justification of using force. Once a direct discernable threat is neutralized the justification ceases. Any belief in personal liberty is gone when you deny someone their liberty because you think they might do something. Where is the justification for shooting someone when they mighthave a gun concealed and they might use it? If the other party did not have offense with you before, they certainly would the momment any unjustified use of force (preemptive war) is waged upon them.

silverhandorder
01-11-2010, 11:42 AM
It's good. One gripe is that you describe them as right wingers. For liberals libertarians are rightwingers also. May be confusing to some. Just stick with neocons.