PDA

View Full Version : Tom Woods invited to speak @ Nat'l Tea Party Convention (with Sarah Palin)!

Matt Collins
01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Scholar Tom Woods with the Ludwig Von Mises Institute was apparently invited to speak at the National Tea Party Convention.

From his Facebook account:

Believe it or not, I was invited to speak at the upcoming Tea Party convention, where Sarah Palin will be speaking. (Couldn't go because the dates are too close to my wife's due date.) I've met some tea party folks at my events, and they're not all GOP shills. They know something is wrong and are looking for answers. It's a mistake to write them off. Reach them!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=84101326

TheState
01-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Tom Woods Corie: Interestingly enough, although several of my talks on the economy have elicited tea partiers, they wanted me to speak on nullification!

wow hah We had Tom speak at Ohio State last May and some tea party people from Cincinnati liked his talk so much that they booked him to speak in Cincy.

torchbearer
01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
wow hah We had Tom speak at Ohio State last May and some tea party people from Cincinnati liked his talk so much that they booked him to speak in Cincy.

woods needs to become the voice of the tea party.
imagine all these people getting into Mises. that is how we win.

georgiaboy
01-11-2010, 10:09 AM
^that'd be pretty cool.

Nate
01-11-2010, 10:13 AM

+1

torchbearer
01-11-2010, 10:24 AM
I just contact one of our tea party guys in louisiana to see if we can get tom woods here for a tea party.

LibertyEagle
01-11-2010, 10:38 AM

Hopefully, they will not come here and see all the Christian-bashing, because then they will be run off even faster.

torchbearer
01-11-2010, 10:40 AM
Hopefully, they will not come here and see all the Christian-bashing, because then they will be run off even faster.

especially if they don't know the internet.
but i don't recall Tom telling people to sign up here- I do recall that he points people to books that he uses in his speech. he is a genuinely nice guy, a great speaker- we need people to identify with him.
once they get the info- the minds will change naturally.

Epic
01-11-2010, 10:44 AM
damn i wish he could have spoke there

Ethek
01-11-2010, 10:44 AM
especially if they don't know the internet.
but i don't recall Tom telling people to sign up here- I do recall that he points people to books that he uses in his speech. he is a genuinely nice guy, a great speaker- we need people to identify with him.
once they get the info- the minds will change naturally.

I was really glad to see tom in the For Liberty DVD. I know we have a big conteingent of supporters in Nashville and now Kentucky thanks to Rands campaing to support him. The $500 fee is a bit steep though :P

FunkBuddha
01-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Damn. Can't he just drop his wife off at Vandy and then come speak for an hour or whatever and then go back to the hospital? Sheesh. ;)

speciallyblend
01-11-2010, 10:55 AM
yeah brainwashed palin supporters, like converting nazis..

speciallyblend
01-11-2010, 10:57 AM

the right wingers of the gop are why the gop is the way it is,no one i know bashes them here. they bash themselves by their neo-con actions...

funny most republican christians are the ones supporting the undeclared war and justifying it...if that is bashing. then give me a sledgehammer...

dr. hfn
01-12-2010, 10:30 AM
idc if his wife is due! he should speak there!

Krugerrand
01-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I keep reading this thread title as TIGER Woods speaking with Sarah Palin ... and it has a completely different image to it.

Matt Collins
01-12-2010, 12:05 PM
I told him he should just say that Ron will be speaking in his place.