PDA

View Full Version : CPAC 2010: All RPF members who are attending should attend a meal together

malkusm
01-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Seeing as RPF has quite a few members going to DC next month to attend CPAC, I figure it's a good idea to attempt to organize a meal for us all to attend, one night after all of the festivities have concluded for the day. I don't necessarily care which night, or where, or what the price range is -- but I'm sure that others do care, so I'll leave this thread open to individual preferences on those things.

Please post here if you ARE coming to CPAC and indicate:

(1) Are you interested in meeting other members for a meal?

(2) What would be your maximum price range for such a meal?

(3) Do you have any scheduling issues/conflicts on any of the 3 nights? (Thurs/Fri/Sat)

If there is significant interest, I'll pursue the organization of said meal further. The idea is that it would be close enough to CPAC that transportation wouldn't be a concern, for those of you who are flying in, etc.

:)

dr. hfn
01-10-2010, 07:54 PM
yes
$20
no

MRoCkEd
01-10-2010, 08:52 PM
yes
$20
no

brandon
01-13-2010, 09:19 AM
The straw poll is on Saturday, right?

It's very likely (though not yet 100%) that I will be coming just for the day on Saturday to vote in the poll. If I do, I'd def go out to a meal with you guys Sat night. Money's no problem for me, and I would prefer somewhere I could get a beer...but I know you guys aren't all 21 so if I can't get a beer I'll deal with it.

brandon
01-13-2010, 09:58 AM

It's very likely (though not yet 100%) that I will be coming just for the day on Saturday to vote in the poll. If I do, I'd def go out to a meal with you guys Sat night. Money's no problem for me, and I would prefer somewhere I could get a beer...but I know you guys aren't all 21 so if I can't get a beer I'll deal with it.

Ehh...I just found out the straw poll is on Friday. Not sure if I'm going now. I could use up two vacation days and come for the whole thing...but I only get 10 vacation days a year and am not sure if I want to use two of them for this.

AdamT
01-13-2010, 10:09 AM
sure
doesn't matter
no

dr. hfn
01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Ehh...I just found out the straw poll is on Friday. Not sure if I'm going now. I could use up two vacation days and come for the whole thing...but I only get 10 vacation days a year and am not sure if I want to use two of them for this.

:O

Jeremy
01-13-2010, 06:41 PM
yes
$0
idk

ditto :D

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-14-2010, 05:24 AM
Seeing as RPF has quite a few members going to DC next month to attend CPAC, I figure it's a good idea to attempt to organize a meal for us all to attend, one night after all of the festivities have concluded for the day. I don't necessarily care which night, or where, or what the price range is -- but I'm sure that others do care, so I'll leave this thread open to individual preferences on those things.

Please post here if you ARE coming to CPAC and indicate:

(1) Are you interested in meeting other members for a meal?

Yes

(2) What would be your maximum price range for such a meal?

20$

(3) Do you have any scheduling issues/conflicts on any of the 3 nights? (Thurs/Fri/Sat)

No

If there is significant interest, I'll pursue the organization of said meal further. The idea is that it would be close enough to CPAC that transportation wouldn't be a concern, for those of you who are flying in, etc.

--------------------------------------

Just a heads up I'm waiting on confirmation by another RPF member for YAL student pricing and lodging at Adams Inn for AMU students. It looks like a go though, so count me in. I all ready put my leave chit in and I'm pretty sure it'll get approved. The command here hardly ever denies leave chits.

I am 23, so beer is a go for me Brandon :p

malkusm
01-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Bump :)

As for the beer, I'm 22, so I'll definitely take that into consideration when making a reservation (if one needs to be made).

Gage
01-15-2010, 06:05 PM
1. Yes, most definitely.
2. $20-$30
3. Probably not.

Any suggestions to where we could all go?

Edit: And no beer for me, please :p.

Stary Hickory
01-16-2010, 12:00 PM
I'll attend, 20 bucks is reasonable. In DC 20 bucks is like a minimum.

inibo
01-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Isn't this only going to be for people actually attending the conference or can someone who just happens to live and work nearby come too?

If so I'll attend, don't really care about the cost (within reason) and I'll work out my schedule around it.

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Isn't this only going to be for people actually attending the conference or can someone who just happens to live and work nearby come too?

If so I'll attend, don't really care about the cost (within reason) and I'll work out my schedule around it.

Do I get to caress that awesome beard? jk :D

malkusm
01-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Bump for the stragglers! :D

LibertiORDeth
01-17-2010, 12:08 PM
yes
$20
no

Lets go with that.

rp08orbust
01-17-2010, 12:37 PM

No, the straw poll is ONLY on Thursday and Friday. The results are announced on Saturday.

dr. hfn
01-17-2010, 04:16 PM
bump!

rp08orbust
01-17-2010, 04:24 PM

Will you be able to live with yourself if Ron Paul loses the straw poll by one vote? :D