PDA

View Full Version : Neal Boortz to run for President as a Libertarian

Matt Collins
01-10-2010, 06:30 PM
From this page:

Neal is a confirmed Libertarian. He believe that the principal difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats just want to grow our Imperial Federal Government and spend money just a bit faster than the Republicans do.

Run for office? Well, thanks for asking --- but Neal’s afraid that the worst possible thing would happen. He might win. That would be a financial disaster for him. Neal is, however, toying with the idea of running for President on the Libertarian Party ticket after he retires from talk radio.

http://boortz.com/more/bio.html

Liberty Star
01-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Why is that more and more neocons are trying to wear this label lately?

This guy was a huge pimp for Bush-Cheney disastrous interventionist policies and now he suddenly wants to lead libertarians? This freak of nature turd should be sent to new neocon-blend tea parties, he would fit in there well.

phill4paul
01-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Not a fan of Boortz at all. Good luck with that Neil.

sparebulb
01-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Boortz running as a libertarian candidate = usurper

same as

Palin running as a Tea Party candidate = usurper

Therefore,

Boortz = Palin

revolutionisnow
01-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Wonder if he will be championed as a way "to grow the party and get exposure" like some others were :rolleyes:

FindLiberty
01-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Wonder if he will be championed as a way "to grow the party and get exposure" like some others were :rolleyes:

I had the same gut reaction - another potential shame for the national LP in-the-making.

NB might make more headway than Bob Barr did, but he's been a shill for the neocons,
LP fair weather friend, a smooth talkin' good old country fly-boy (with a law degree).

Or, how could this be any worse than BB was? (assuming winning is not the goal)

brandon
01-10-2010, 08:13 PM
lol, I bet W.A.R. will give him some good competition.

What a joke.

BlackTerrel
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Never even heard of this guy before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Boortz

Brett
01-10-2010, 08:36 PM
He has a few good ideas (written in his book "Somebody's Gotta Say It") but there's a few I just can't overlook (He's pro-choice, the "Fair"tax).

t0rnado
01-10-2010, 08:39 PM
He supports the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan. He is not a libertarian in any sense of the word. If the Libertarian Party is going to make the same mistake they did last year, they should just change their name so that they do not further damage the word 'libertarian'.

axiomata
01-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I'd like to see him seek the Libertarian nomination. I'd prefer he not win, but it'd be good to get his libertarian leaning fans to follow his race and learn from the more noninterventionist candidates.

Matt Collins
01-10-2010, 08:53 PM
If the Libertarian Party is going to make the same mistake they did last year, they should just change their name so that they do not further damage the word 'libertarian'.Neocon Lite? ;):p

South Park Fan
01-10-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh please, I hope this time the Libertarians learn their lesson and nominate Mary Ruwart (http://www.ruwart.com) or Ron Paul (http://www.ronpaul.org) in 2012

Andrew-Austin
01-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Never even heard of this guy before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Boortz

Hes just another warmonger turd with a radio show.

It might be cool if he promotes libertarianism or gets involved with the party, rather than pimping the neocon status quo. But I don't ever want him winning the nomination as the libertarian pres. candidate.

Peace&Freedom
01-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Neo-cons want to head off the libertarian non-interventionist movement at the pass this time, by getting an open pro-war, pro-surveillance state candidate nominated by the LP. Barr had many flaws, but he was at least putting in a good faith effort to evolve into a consistent Libertarian. Boortz would be the near-complete dilution of the party's commitment to non aggression and a no compromise defense of civil liberties. Ruwart 2012, yeah!

Endgame
01-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Whatever. Its not like there's anything in the LP to usurp.

TastyWheat
01-11-2010, 02:41 AM
If he gets the nomination he could be a nice little spoiler for the Republicans in 2012.

Elwar
01-11-2010, 09:07 AM
I used to listen to him.

What he basically comes down to is...he hates liberals.

He spends his whole show talking about how horrible liberals are. And when something happens where a Republican does the same thing that he's railed against liberals for doing...he just says "And that's why I'm a libertarian".

Bruno
01-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Hannity loves him so that is reason enough for me not to like him

MsDoodahs
01-11-2010, 09:20 AM
He supports the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan. He is not a libertarian in any sense of the word. If the Libertarian Party is going to make the same mistake they did last year, they should just change their name so that they do not further damage the word 'libertarian'.

Boortz is a huge fan of laws to force you to wear seatbelts.

Boortz is a huge fan of laws to force you to wear helmets when you ride a motorcycle.

Boortz is a huge fan of laws to eliminate smoking.

Boortz is a huge fan of the war.

Boortz is NOT a libertarian; which, come to think of it, means he is probably just exactly the sort that the LP would nominate. lol...

TotalLiberty
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
From this page:

http://boortz.com/more/bio.html

Boortz is a war-monger, for the so-called Fair Tax, and overall anti-liberty and all about himself. This is a publicity stunt that will set the liberty/freedom movement backwards if anything.

BuddyRey
01-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Mary Ruwart > Neil Boortz

libertygrl
01-11-2010, 05:23 PM
They see the writing on the wall and now they want to co-opt the Libertarian platform like they did the Tea Party movement. Pathetic.

t0rnado
01-11-2010, 05:35 PM
The only reason Barr won the nomination was because many people, who would have been attending the Libertarian National Convention, registered as Republicans so that they could caucus for Ron Paul.

South Park Fan
01-11-2010, 06:07 PM

Boortz is a huge fan of laws to force you to wear helmets when you ride a motorcycle.

Boortz is NOT a libertarian; which, come to think of it, means he is probably just exactly the sort that the LP would nominate. lol...

Yeah, I remember reading his book and thinking about how inconsistent he is that he is fine with mothers aborting their babies but not with them smoking while pregnant. He justification was that "most smokers are Democrats." He was also kissing George W. Bush's ass throughout the pages.

speciallyblend
01-11-2010, 06:15 PM

bob barr(definition of joke) assured i would never join the lp if i leave the gop and i was lp 12 yrs.

sluggo
01-11-2010, 07:35 PM

Thank you.

I should add that the "Talkmaster" is also a 'War on Terror' loving, Israel-firster who flies around the country to play golf and rendezvous with Sean Hannity.

He's an ass.

MsDoodahs
01-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Not long after Sean Hannity left Atlanta for his national exposure radio show out of ... I think New York? Anyway....

Neal heard that Sean wasn't bothering to do his own research - instead, prettyboy Hannity was supposedly just using Boortz' "NealzNuz" page at his website.

So Neal put some fake news in one day JUST TO SEE if Hannity would use it.

And sure enough....Neal caught prettyboy that day.

That was a funny one.

Neal can be quite funny...but he's still NOT libertarian and a total ass.

:)

satchelmcqueen
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
this guy is one of the biggest blowhards ive ever listened to. down with boortz!

angelatc
01-11-2010, 09:45 PM
I believe he was tossed out of the LP over his support of the war back in the day. No?

South Park Fan
01-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I believe he was tossed out of the LP over his support of the war back in the day. No?

I'm not sure if he was kicked out. He was booed at their national convention though.

angelatc
01-11-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm not sure if he was kicked out. He was booed at their national convention though.

Yeah, my memory is a little fuzzy. There was an organized effort to get him off the speaker's list though. http://www.freedom2008.com/bootboortz/archives/002719.html

Derek Johnson
01-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Who can prove Boortz is libertarian?

He is against at least half of everything Mises, Rothbard, and Ron Paul stand for.

Libertarian? Boortz?

No