PDA

View Full Version : Palin to be skewered on CBS 60 min tonight (1-10-10)

lynnf
01-10-2010, 06:16 PM
McCain campaign worker: as soon as she was picked, we "knew we had a lot of work to do"

wow, he says she was picked in a rush after it leaked out that Joe Lieberman was being considered and the blowback from that indicated that Joe wouldn't be acceptable. prior to that, Joe was going to be it.. so one guy was searching the internet and saw Palin on a Charlie Rose interview in which she did well, and .... the rest is history.

slap dash decision, lol

oh, and they said Palin declined to be interviewed or respond for the program. lol

lynn

Reason
01-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Failin can go DIAF

lynnf
01-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Failin can go DIAF

I hope you mean that figuratively, not literally!

lynn

lynnf
01-11-2010, 05:26 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31335.html

Steve Schmidt: Sarah Palin has trouble with truth

John McCain’s top campaign strategist said in an interview Sunday that Sarah Palin was dishonest as the GOP’s vice-presidential nominee and that her untruths have done long-term damage to her public image.

Her debut speech at the GOP’s convention won wide acclaim, but immediately afterward it was clear to McCain’s aides that she had significant deficiencies.

Heilemann said that even after crash-course tutorials by campaign aides following the convention, Palin was still woefully uninformed about basic policy issues.

“[S]he still didn’t really understand why there was a North Korea and a South Korea,” Heilemann told the program’s Anderson Cooper. “She was still regularly saying that Saddam Hussein had been behind 9/11.”

------------------------------------

very damning

lynn

0zzy
01-11-2010, 06:10 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0110/31335.html

Steve Schmidt: Sarah Palin has trouble with truth

John McCain’s top campaign strategist said in an interview Sunday that Sarah Palin was dishonest as the GOP’s vice-presidential nominee and that her untruths have done long-term damage to her public image.

Her debut speech at the GOP’s convention won wide acclaim, but immediately afterward it was clear to McCain’s aides that she had significant deficiencies.

Heilemann said that even after crash-course tutorials by campaign aides following the convention, Palin was still woefully uninformed about basic policy issues.

“[S]he still didn’t really understand why there was a North Korea and a South Korea,” Heilemann told the program’s Anderson Cooper. “She was still regularly saying that Saddam Hussein had been behind 9/11.”

very damning

lynn

surely she wasn't that dumb....
was she?

how did I ever like her (before the McCain decision, when I was dreaming of VPs for Paul lol me).

jmdrake
01-11-2010, 07:04 AM

70% of Americans believed this at one time. Not making excuses for Palin...just saying. The fact is 9/11 couldn't have happened as it's been sold. In their heart everybody knows this. 9/11 commissioner Bob Graham said in a speech to the CFR that information about foreign sponsorship of 9/11 was censored from the final report. There's no way 19 cavemen pulled this off by themselves. But Saddam clearly had nothing to do with it. The Bush administration would have had no incentive to cover that up.

Dianne
01-11-2010, 07:44 AM
You can go to http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6078906n&tag=contentMain;cbsCarousel to see the entire interview. I would call it a blood bath. But to me, it exposed John McCain's poor lack of judgment.

YumYum
01-11-2010, 08:04 AM
: " “[S]he still didn’t really understand why there was a North Korea and a South Korea,” Heilemann told the program’s Anderson Cooper. “She was still regularly saying that Saddam Hussein had been behind 9/11.” "

How come G-d didn't tell her different? Or was He too busy reminding her that it is His plan that she would be a famous celiberty? If G-d is talking to crazy people like Palin, then He needs to at least start educating them.

pacelli
01-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Are we not even trying to relate this to Ron Paul anymore?

brandon
01-11-2010, 08:26 AM
lol I saw part of this last night.

"Senator O'Biden"

lmao

jmdrake
01-11-2010, 08:31 AM
Are we not even trying to relate this to Ron Paul anymore?

Eh.. General politics. Related to Ron Paul because 1/3rd of his supporters see her as a potential rival, 1/3rd see her as a potential supporter and 1/3rd see her as totally irrelevant. I'm in the last 3rd.

pacelli
01-11-2010, 08:33 AM
Eh.. General politics. Related to Ron Paul because 1/3rd of his supporters see her as a potential rival, 1/3rd see her as a potential supporter and 1/3rd see her as totally irrelevant. I'm in the last 3rd.

Fair enough. And ditto. I was amused by the comment that at times the robot appeared unresponsive with her eyes glazed over and staring at the floor.

BenIsForRon
01-11-2010, 08:37 AM

I guess I do see her as a rival, in the sense that she is distracting typical republican voters from the message of the liberty side. They are too stuck up in the cult of personality to think about what it will really take to win elections and move the country forward.

YumYum
01-11-2010, 08:47 AM
I guess I do see her as a rival, in the sense that she is distracting typical republican voters from the message of the liberty side. They are too stuck up in the cult of personality to think about what it will really take to win elections and move the country forward.

She is also taking parts of Ron Paul's message and incorporating it into her own. If she was against wars and empire building, I wouldn't be so concerned. But the fact is, she is a puppet with lipstick for the neo-cons who controlled Bush.

lester1/2jr
01-11-2010, 09:36 AM
thank god for that katie couric interview. we might not have known till after she and mccain were elected how dumb she was.

sparebulb
01-11-2010, 09:54 AM
thank god for that katie couric interview. we might not have known till after she and mccain were elected how dumb she was.

This

It is far more plausible in my mind that the Almighty used other instruments of evil to expose evil.

Dianne
01-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Since she is part of the neocon group hijacking the tea party movement; I think it wise for the GOP to dump her ASAP!! They can take Hannity with her.

speciallyblend
01-11-2010, 11:03 AM
this proves the gop leadership deserves to be fired along with 70% of gop leaders...

speciallyblend
01-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Since she is part of the neocon group hijacking the tea party movement; I think it wise for the GOP to dump her ASAP!! They can take Hannity with her.

well they(gop) have to dump themselves to, the same folks in gop leadership(50-70%, are the same folks trying to hi-jack the tea party.

klamath
01-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Funny how so many of you are quoting McCains people attacking her. You'all must just love the McCain people now. If you think McCain's people are attacking Palin for any other reason than to advance McCains indeas you are being sold a bill of goods. They don't want McCain to be seen losing on HIS ideas and charactor!

Dianne
01-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Funny how so many of you are quoting McCains people attacking her. You'all must just love the McCain people now. If you think McCain's people are attacking Palin for any other reason than to advance McCains indeas you are being sold a bill of goods. They don't want McCain to be seen losing on HIS ideas and charactor!

On the contrary, I thought that interview made McCain look like more of the bungling idiot for selecting Palin. How totally irresponsible and dumb could he be? I thought it was as much a hit job on McCain as it was on Palin.

jmdrake
01-11-2010, 11:40 AM

Ronald Reagan's "people" attacked Oliver North too. That didn't make drug running Ollie a good person. The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.

klamath
01-11-2010, 11:43 AM
On the contrary, I thought that interview made McCain look like more of the bungling idiot for selecting Palin. How totally irresponsible and dumb could he be? I thought it was as much a hit job on McCain as it was on Palin.

Palin is the only thing McCain did right in his campaign. After he picked Palin was the only time in the entire campaign he ever led Obama. When McCain shot himself in the foot to suspend his campaign and go back to washington to fight for the bailout is where his campaign went to hell. Go back and look at the polls and events timeline.

Brooklyn Red Leg
01-11-2010, 11:43 AM

Yea, I'm of the opinion this is McCain still trying to shift the blame to Palin for his losing. Its still about damage control. She may be denser than a bag of fucking hammers, it still does not change the fact that McCain slit his own throat during the presidential campaign.

Ah well, fuck 'em both.

klamath
01-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Ronald Reagan's "people" attacked Oliver North too. That didn't make drug running Ollie a good person. The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.
But in a heatbeat if those mcain people said something about Paul they would be lies not to be believed:rolleyes:

klamath
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Yea, I'm of the opinion this is McCain still trying to shift the blame to Palin for his losing. Its still about damage control. She may be denser than a bag of fucking hammers, it still does not change the fact that McCain slit his own throat during the presidential campaign.

Ah well, fuck 'em both.
I personally think Palin is dense and wouldn't vote for her but sure as hell am not going to take the word of CBS and the McCain people in judging her.

jmdrake
01-11-2010, 12:21 PM
But in a heatbeat if those mcain people said something about Paul they would be lies not to be believed:rolleyes:

It depends on what they said. If they said "Ron Paul doesn't support the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan" I'd say they were spot on accurate. :rolleyes: Ron Paul dismissed Palin as a "country club republican". I guess he's lying too.

jmdrake
01-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Palin is the only thing McCain did right in his campaign. After he picked Palin was the only time in the entire campaign he ever led Obama. When McCain shot himself in the foot to suspend his campaign and go back to washington to fight for the bailout is where his campaign went to hell. Go back and look at the polls and events timeline.

I agree with you that McCain suspending his campaign was stupid. And he should have rejected the bailout. That said Palin supported it. Oh sure, she may have been "taking one for the team", but I've yet to hear her come out and say that was a mistake. Claiming that the bailout was about "tax cuts" and "job creation" was the height of stupidity. I can believe that someone like that might not understand the history of the North Korean conflict. I totally believe she might think Saddam was behind 9/11. After all 70% of Americans once agreed with that nonsense.

squarepusher
01-11-2010, 12:28 PM
any tubes?

klamath
01-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I agree with you that McCain suspending his campaign was stupid. And he should have rejected the bailout. That said Palin supported it. Oh sure, she may have been "taking one for the team", but I've yet to hear her come out and say that was a mistake. Claiming that the bailout was about "tax cuts" and "job creation" was the height of stupidity. I can believe that someone like that might not understand the history of the North Korean conflict. I totally believe she might think Saddam was behind 9/11. After all 70% of Americans once agreed with that nonsense.

I agree. Her statement on the bailout is what made me lose any hopes I had for her intelligence and backbone.
At the same time I am not going to blanketly attack Palin if she says something right because I think she is dumb. This movement is giving Schiff a pass on some pretty strong beliefs contrary to RP's foreign policy because he believes in a lot of good ideas.

sparebulb
01-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Let's be perfectly honest. The only patriot embodied in Sarah Palin is the Patriot Act. Period. The rest is a fabricated neocon wet dream of repackaging GWB/Cheney in a tight skirt.

squarepusher
01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Let's be perfectly honest. The only patriot embodied in Sarah Palin is the Patriot Act. Period. The rest is a fabricated neocon wet dream of repackaging GWB/Cheney in a tight skirt.

yeah yeah, everyone here hates Palin, we get it

purplechoe
01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
http://mikepiperreport.com/Articles_Archive/AmericanFreePress/AFP2008_07-12/Art/AFP_20081103.p17_Sarah_Palin.525x304.jpeg.jpg

http://mikepiperreport.com/Articles_Archive/AmericanFreePress/AFP2008_07-12/Art/AFP_20081103.p16__Sarah_Palin_and_William_Kristol. jpg

http://www.ojaipost.com/end_of_Zionism_equals_peace.jpg

catdd
01-11-2010, 04:21 PM

Sounds about right.

TortoiseDream
01-11-2010, 04:24 PM
tube?

BenIsForRon
01-11-2010, 05:03 PM
http://mikepiperreport.com/Articles_Archive/AmericanFreePress/AFP2008_07-12/Art/AFP_20081103.p17_Sarah_Palin.525x304.jpeg.jpg

Who gives a crap? That flag is like 3 inches long, somebody probably just gave it to her. Do you think Palin is part of a MASSIVE ZIONIST CONSPIRACY!!!!11!1

catdd
01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Who gives a crap? That flag is like 3 inches long, somebody probably just gave it to her. Do you think Palin is part of a MASSIVE ZIONIST CONSPIRACY!!!!11!1

I think she knows how to stuff her bank account.

surf
01-11-2010, 05:50 PM
an entire Palin thread and not one "i'd do her" yet?

catdd
01-11-2010, 05:53 PM

At least I mentioned that she knows how to stuff something.

sofia
01-11-2010, 05:58 PM

Palin is a shrewd bitch who knows that kissing Zionist butt is a smart career move. That flag, as well as statements she has made, was a signal to the Zio neo-cons that she wants to play ball...

It has paid off handsomely for her. Sarah is very much a willing player in the Zionist conspiracy.

speciallyblend
01-11-2010, 06:12 PM

my wife wouldn't let me blindfolded;)

BlackTerrel
01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Claiming that the bailout was about "tax cuts" and "job creation" was the height of stupidity. I can believe that someone like that might not understand the history of the North Korean conflict. I totally believe she might think Saddam was behind 9/11. After all 70% of Americans once agreed with that nonsense.

70% of Americans don't follow the news. They might pay attention when a big event like 9/11, or Katrina happens but for the most part they don't pay attention. That's not necessarily a good thing but that is their right - I know plenty of people who don't pay attention to the news and couldn't name 3 world leaders outside of Obama. I once saw a poll that showed that 15% of Americans believed the events from Lord Of The Rings was real.

There is a difference between the average American and someone who wants to be Vice President. Or at least there should be.

Danke
01-11-2010, 10:35 PM

I know, right?

This place is really going down hill.

Pennsylvania, where are ya bro?